• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW at Paddington still getting evening Off Peak validity spectacularly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
How much does training gate line staff and programming the gate lines cost?

Is that more than the cost of staff time spent dealing with bnm and his issues?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Well it's impossible to program the gatelines to accept certain restriction codes (despite GWR seeming to think it was), because the restriction code is not encoded on the magnetic stripe.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Well it's impossible to program the gatelines to accept certain restriction codes (despite GWR seeming to think it was), because the restriction code is not encoded on the magnetic stripe.

Indeed. I wondered whether they were intending to use the origin, destination and ticket type to infer the restriction code and allow tickets based on that. But from what I know about the barriers, I'm not sure they are that capable.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Indeed. I wondered whether they were intending to use the origin, destination and ticket type to infer the restriction code and allow tickets based on that. But from what I know about the barriers, I'm not sure they are that capable.

Nigh on impossible in my experience, particularly for a London Terminals station where the cross-London marker is used as a default for listing huge numbers of stations as valid or not valid.

bnm

Established Member
Just to reiterate following a couple of PMs asking for updates, I'm no longer offering a running commentary on this forum on this issue. An issue which continues.

I've also ceased posting elsewhere on the issue, following unwarranted and unwanted interference by a GWR staff member in direct breach of another forum board's rules.

PMs on this issue will not be replied to. In most cases I've no idea who I'm talking with.

GWR and it's incompetent Paddington gateline staff can continue to breach contracts with impunity. After two years of regularly facing the issue nothing I say or do is going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.