• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect Trainee Drivers Bedford & Blackfriars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pepperami

So do I that interview at stage 2 I found really hard I just answered the questions honestly based on real life experiences but mine was an hour and a half it seemed like 20 mins lol really intense!

jamess115

Hello everyone. I have recently received the below email from first group resourcing. I am in the talent pool waiting for a position but not sure where this leaves me now first group have lost the franchise. As the email says they will let us know but I am a bit worried! It has been a long process and will be a massive disapointment if I am back to square one.

As you are most probably aware, with effect from 14th September 2014, FirstGroup will no longer operate the First Capital Connect Rail Franchise. We understand that this may raise some questions from you with regards to your current application to join First Capital Connect. At this time we are reviewing all our recruitment activity and will be in contact with you in the next couple of weeks to update you further on your application status.*If you need to access your application please login using your [email protected]*to the URL belowhttps://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/loginKind regards,FirstGroup Resourcing

Hi Bob, I got this email too. Anybody know what this means re, forthcoming recruitment and those in the pool? I am trying to look at it positively as people are still being interviewed.

Tracks

Hi Bob, I got this email too. Anybody know what this means re, forthcoming recruitment and those in the pool? I am trying to look at it positively as people are still being interviewed.
I'm in a similar position to bob and james. The bad timing of the changeover is not good. DIfficult to know what will happen. Perhaps first will not spend any more money they dont have to, which is not good for us. But looking on the brightside they might need to have more training in place before takeover or govia may need a great ammount of drivers to meet their future plans. Fingers crossed for everyone who was worked hard to get this far and are 'lost' in the talent pool :)

Pepperami

I posted a response to this on another thread as I have spoken to FCC HR

If you've passed both assessments and are currently booked for the final interview or have an upcoming interview scheduled as you've pass 1 & 2 then nothing changes the final stages are proceeding as normal

If you've only passed the 1st stage then you MIGHT be placed on hold

Everyone else who has applied but as yet has had no assessments are on hold

AFAIK there are two upcoming trainee driver courses one starts in July the other in September

That's all I was told the courses bit I was informed of by someone who's been given the course in July I personally was told there is one also in sept

Hooe that helps :)

Sparkybill

Good luck to everyone having their driver manager interview today.

Thanks Jim, had mine today so now just have to wait.

According to the managers who interviewed me FCC are currently in talks with Govia at the moment about how they want to run the training during the transitional period at the end of the franchise. Could mean talent pools for current successful candidates, but on the plus side due to the new trains (700) on their way and a large number of future retirements coming up recruitment should be good in the near future! Let's hope so, eh!

Good luck everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.