• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a list, or a link to one with all mainland UK stations with a first class? Any views on your experiences with them would be great to, whats you actually get, what they are like, what the showers (if they have them) are like etc........

Helpful to know when planning ALR.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
Why doesn't someone make a general thread for ALR questions? Three of the top four threads are just ALR questions, might make sense for them to all be in one place. ;)

Why doesn't someone make a general thread for ALR questions? Three of the top four threads are just ALR questions, might make sense for them to all be in one place. ;)

Good idea, sorry, I just wanted to not pile too many questions on one thread, but if a mod could move this into my other ALR thread, the first class one, that would be great.

nationalrail.co.uk has all station facilities on it and there a quite a few now with showers, The best i used where Aberdeen which are free as part of the 1St class lounge, Fort willliam where also free and smart as well, Most big stations have them now but there not all free to 1st class passengers just some

Aictos

Established Member
Well I've used both the Virgin one at Euston and the ScotRail one at Edinburgh, I liked the fact that you got free wifi at Euston but not happy that you couldn't do the same at Edinburgh.

I know there's free wifi provided by The Cloud but it's not the same, if Virgin can provide it then surely ScotRail can?

But apart from that, Edinburgh was quite nice - once you get to work out how to use the damn refreshments machine!

Failed Unit

Established Member
Well I've used both the Virgin one at Euston and the ScotRail one at Edinburgh, I liked the fact that you got free wifi at Euston but not happy that you couldn't do the same at Edinburgh.

I know there's free wifi provided by The Cloud but it's not the same, if Virgin can provide it then surely ScotRail can?

But apart from that, Edinburgh was quite nice - once you get to work out how to use the damn refreshments machine!

The East Coast lounge at Edinburgh has free wi-fi, crazy that both Scotrail and East Coast have there own fairly empty lounges, (I think even Virgin had one at Waverley near platform 19). But I guess it s hard work trying to share all the costs between 3 operators, must be a lot cheaper to have 3 separete lounges <D

Aictos

Established Member
The East Coast lounge at Edinburgh has free wi-fi, crazy that both Scotrail and East Coast have there own fairly empty lounges, (I think even Virgin had one at Waverley near platform 19). But I guess it s hard work trying to share all the costs between 3 operators, must be a lot cheaper to have 3 separete lounges <D

How far are the East Coast and First lounges? The only one I've ever noticed when passing though is the First one - If I knew where the East Coast one was, I would have gone in there for a hour or two before using the First one.

The Euston one is nice though, :)

This information is great. I have been through National Rail website today and picked out the stations ill be stopping for a period of time, and which are the best to take advantage of, so to speak. Its OK them listing Wi-Fi access and drinks etc but actual feedback from you guys is worth everything.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.