• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western Travelling Chef

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm321412

Hello,

I am thinking about travelling on one of the above services very soon and i'm just wondering about the following:

1) How good is the food quality on the services
2) Is the food avaliable to Standard Class customers
3) Any other feedback on the Travelling Chef food!

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
The travelling chef food is excellent quality and a reasonable price although I preferred the older menu.
But saying that I have had about 1/2 the new menu now and it has all been good even things I would not normally buy.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The breakfast is very nice! I had a full breakfast platter the other week and it's just like I'd have it anywhere else. I was in First class though so got to eat it on a proper plate with metal cutlery.

Bedpan

Established Member
The breakfast is very nice! I had a full breakfast platter the other week and it's just like I'd have it anywhere else. I was in First class though so got to eat it on a proper plate with metal cutlery.

The only problem I had with the breakfast platter was that I was travelling next to the kitchen and the smell as they were cooking it was mouth watering. The meal lived up to the smell though, it was delicious, and a reasonable sized helping.

455driver

Veteran Member
The only problem I had with the breakfast platter was that I was travelling next to the kitchen and the smell as they were cooking it was mouth watering. The meal lived up to the smell though, it was delicious, and a reasonable sized helping.

And you consider that a problem, I would call it an appetizer, now where is that drooling smillie!

caliwag

Similarly, I love the way they announce that the travelling chef is on board and if people would like to take their seats for pre-lunch drinks...nice touch guaranteed to clinch the decision:D

MCR247

Established Member
Similarly, I love the way they announce that the travelling chef is on board and if people would like to take their seats for pre-lunch drinks...nice touch guaranteed to clinch the decision:D

Wouldn't that be the pullman dining because the travelling chef is at-seat service in FC and you can buy it in the buffet for Standard.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
the breakfast always smells good first thing in the morning, I know that much!

Status
Not open for further replies.