• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
Are there any changes planned for Dumbarton given that the two Glasgow depots have the changes next weekend and Lanarkshire has some to come next month?

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
All E400EVs have now entered service with the final two 38495 and 38496 entering service today on the 60/60A.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Has 44678 transferred to Dumbarton? It was tracking on the 1/1A on Bustimes.org yesterday and now the 208 today. If it has, it'll be good to have a newer single decker at Dumbarton with that being a 68 plate E200 MMC.

On another note, is there any information on what the Lanarkshire changes on the 26th involve yet?

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member
Not for First Glasgow for service, a similar one in England is for training apprentices at a college so I expect this is something similar. It is not able to be used in service because of the batteries needing replacement.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Not for First Glasgow for service, a similar one in England is for training apprentices at a college so I expect this is something similar. It is not able to be used in service because of the batteries needing replacement.
Thank you

SarahDFIG

It's been confirmed on the Facebook group the bus is in Glasgow for a college. The ticket machine has clearly been put into another vehicle which is looking like it's that vehicle on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been confirmed on the Facebook group the bus is in Glasgow for an college. The ticket machine has clearly been put into another vehicle which is looking like it's that vehicle on the road.
The ticket machine hasn’t been transferred without losing it’s lock to 39004*

*The reason @92002 got confused is on 39004’s last day being tracked way back in May 2022 it appeared on 7s and 9s in York, although I believe it was actually one of the 356xx streetdecks transferred from Leeds when all of York’s metrodeckers were VOR’d after the Potters Bar fire

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
For goodness' sake, could someone please clarify where 39004 happens to be located?!

Also, for the umpteenth time, please realise that if it "tracks on bustimes(.org)" it doesn't necessarily mean that said bus is actually where it's "supposed to be".

Bustimes.org is as good as the information it has been fed - garbage in, garbage out. Please remember this in future.

Joerf21

It looks like Dumbarton depot has received its first allocation of the 10, E200MMCs from London, as i saw 2 in their depot.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Does anyone know how many driver requirements are cut with the changes overall? It'll be interesting to see how close to zero cancellations we get with them to be honest. Interestingly too, the app seems to have updated fairly quickly and smoothly compared to a lot of First's service changes. From experience, the app has been difficult to trust for the first day of a lot of previous sets of changes.

The only issues I've noticed are some tracking issues with the 57, the 14 still showing as a First service when you click for tomorrow at Rutherglen and the 193 also still showing as a First service.

Last edited:

Rory N

It looks like Dumbarton depot has received its first allocation of the 10, E200MMCs from London, as i saw 2 in their depot.
They are not MMCs; they are the original E200s from I believe 2009 when they were new.

Has 44678 transferred to Dumbarton? It was tracking on the 1/1A on Bustimes.org yesterday and now the 208 today. If it has, it'll be good to have a newer single decker at Dumbarton with that being a 68 plate E200 MMC.

On another note, is there any information on what the Lanarkshire changes on the 26th involve yet?
New timetables for the 18 and 267 are on Traveline Scotland. There is an INCREASE in frequency from every 15 minutes to every 12 minutes Monday to Friday during the day...

PaulMc7

Established Member
New timetables for the 18 and 267 are on Traveline Scotland. There is an INCREASE in frequency from every 15 minutes to every 12 minutes Monday to Friday during the day...
That's actually really good to be fair. Both of the Lanarkshire depots seem to be doing quite well at avoiding cancellations compared to Caledonia and Scotstoun and they'll be helped with the SPT services going from today's changes. I do wonder if there is anything that management do at Overtown and Blantyre that Caledonia and Scotstoun could learn from in order to help fix issues more quickly. Whenever I've heard about people having issues with First having worked there, they've normally worked at one of the two Glasgow depots.

Transco

From the 20th February, First in Glasgow and Aberdeen will no longer be issuing tickets to users of concession passes. Should help speed up boarding a little but not a great deal as a destination still needs to be selected by the driver.

PaulMc7

Established Member
From the 20th February, First in Glasgow and Aberdeen will no longer be issuing tickets to users of concession passes. Should help speed up boarding a little but not a great deal as a destination still needs to be selected by the driver.
It's definitely a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully they do the same with under 22 passes eventually. My 6 this morning took 10 minutes to go by 3 stops with how many kids got on and scanned their passes. It also doesn't help that First's ticket machines seem incredibly slow most of the time.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It's definitely a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully they do the same with under 22 passes eventually. My 6 this morning took 10 minutes to go by 3 stops with how many kids got on and scanned their passes.
Under 22 passes are included in this as they are also concession passes and work in exactly the same way.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Under 22 passes are included in this as they are also concession passes and work in exactly the same way.
Thank you for the information. Certainly on my local routes this could make 7 or 8 minutes of difference as a minimum at busy times with how busy they get with schoolkids and students.

It's definitely a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully they do the same with under 22 passes eventually. My 6 this morning took 10 minutes to go by 3 stops with how many kids got on and scanned their passes. It also doesn't help that First's ticket machines seem incredibly slow most of the time.
That is because they are incredibly slow and their processing power is useless.

Funnily enough, LRT have done this for donkeys years.