• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

SarahDFIG

No problems here people in wishawhill seem to respect that it’s a bus route unlike those in Pather.
The problem with Pather is just far too many cars on the streets and not enough people using their driveways. Not much can be done with it really.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SarahDFIG

Just seen the new 254 branding. 44686 Nice Orange colour :) sorry for doubting 254 getting new vehicles but I never had it confirmed from my source. Glad it was true though so definitely looks like all 12 e200mmcs are for Overtown. Any plans on the 266 getting their streetlights branded? Will be the only main route without branding?

X11- Gold (would like to see this changed)
201- Purple
240- Blue
241- Red
242- Pink
254- Orange
266- normal livery

I wonder if JMB are planning new vehicles anytime soon to keep up. First have done a excellent job

Last edited:

lastbus

Just seen the new 254 branding. 44686 Nice Orange colour :) sorry for doubting 254 getting new vehicles but I never had it confirmed from my source. Glad it was true though so definitely looks like all 12 e200mmcs are for Overtown. Any plans on the 266 getting their streetlights branded? Will be the only main route without branding?

X11- Gold (would like to see this changed)
201- Purple
240- Blue
241- Red
242- Pink
254- Orange
266- normal livery

I wonder if JMB are planning new vehicles anytime soon to keep up. First have done a excellent job
All 12 are going to Overtown yes and as far as I’m aware 1 or 2 will remain unbranded. Would make sense if only 4 of the 254 buses were branded as it only requires 4 buses on a Saturday and that would allow 1 to be used elsewhere.

Scott mac

Going to be honest a think it is a waste off time branding local routes like 241 242 254 same with the 34/34a it should be limited to city centre routes only

route101

Established Member
Seen new SO e400 on a 61 today .
B10BLE on 6 last night

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidan1

If you can’t get a bus round wishawhill then you shouldn’t be driving them.
I’ve had many occasions of bad parking in wishaw hill, having to gingerly go round to top bend at the flats due to parked cars with B10, for some reason all your posts are very defensive. However pather is the worst by far, folk have no consideration for the buses or the customers who rely on the service.

Whiteway215

Established Member
I've seen a report 75 new buses due for Glasgow up to end of March. Do we know the split of types if that report is true? Thanks.

lastbus

I’ve had many occasions of bad parking in wishaw hill, having to gingerly go round to top bend at the flats due to parked cars with B10, for some reason all your posts are very defensive. However pather is the worst by far, folk have no consideration for the buses or the customers who rely on the service.
How are they defensive? Stating an opinion is not defensive. Of course you need to slow at the bend it’s a bend! The post was about mounting the pavement at said bend I stated I have never had to but in Pather it’s a daily occurrence that’s not defensive that’s an opinion and as this is a public forum I’m allowed to state my opinion.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I've seen a report 75 new buses due for Glasgow up to end of March. Do we know the split of types if that report is true? Thanks.

This is old news to some extend with many already delivered. There's a message further up in the thread which states what is for where. So far new vehicles for the 38, 242 & 254 are in this "batch".

Gingerbus1991

I like the fact new vehicles are being bought for glasgow, but I still struggle when wondering why we havent seen investment much sooner, given it being Scotlands largest city(by population at least), when compared solely on lothians investments for improving there fleet alone, its hard not to respect it.

The only reason is because of the LEZ’s being set up around scotland or else glasgow wouldn’t have had thislevel of investment in such a short space of time, when this reason is realised, its quite poor of the company overall, First arent here to impress customers there here to disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingerbus1991

But neither do our local authorities either, really.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I must offended someone on that , been blocked off both.

Seen new SO e400 on a 61 today .
B10BLE on 6 last night

Noticed a B10BLE on the 6 last night too which was rather odd to see - in a good way. I like the B10BLEs, always have done since they were introduced on the 62. After they left Parkhead they were only ever really seen again on the 240 but that became less and less so it’s good to see them on Caledonia routes. As for the E400MMCs I hope to see them also spread their wings since they’re not branded.

Also really liking the orangey colour for the 254. Seems really odd to have such local services receive new branded buses as normally they’re thrown the oldest available stock. It’s good to see how much First have improved in Lanarkshire.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Here is where I would love to meet these so called “first enthusiasts”, idiots is my own view.

I like the fact new vehicles are being bought for glasgow, but I still struggle when wondering why we havent seen investment much sooner, given it being Scotlands largest city(by population at least), when compared solely on lothians investments for improving there fleet alone, its hard not to respect it.

The only reason is because of the LEZ’s being set up around scotland or else glasgow wouldn’t have had thislevel of investment in such a short space of time, when this reason is realised, its quite poor of the company overall, First arent here to impress customers there here to disappoint.

I know you have madder tinted glasses and so can't help your anti-First rambling.

However, it's not as if Glasgow has had no investment at all. Granted, it needed to be more but "why haven't seen investment sooner" (sic) isn't true. There's been StreetLites, e200mmcs, e300s, e400s etc.

Also, the fact is that there are other operations in the First empire that have needed new vehicle investment given how the business was underinvested in during the period 2008-2012 and the issues with meeting the PSVAR targets.

I think we all know you don't like First. We know. Truly, we do.

FWIW, my local firm is also a First OpCo and it's probably better than most though we still have Barbie liveried vehicles and some elderly fleet. I'm not happy that we've got W reg deckers in front line service. However, I know the reasons, they've been explained and explored. Mind you, I'm one of those greedy shareholders that's sat on a pile of gold and jewels (EDIT: that should read loss from the rights issue and subsequent fall in the share price) so I'm not happy for that reason also.

However, you ranting about First here.... you may as well go into a field and shout at a cloud.

Last edited:

SarahDFIG

Scrapped: 33010, 33017,33019, 33020, 33024, 33119, 33344, 33350, 33347, 33372, 61663.

Caley to Overtown - 43863
Overtown to Scotstoun - 43862

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
Blimey, not even the 53-plate Tridents are safe from the deluge of new buses. Hopefully there might be a few stragglers still in service when I'm up there in May.

It's interesting considering their sisters from the same batch in Southend and Taunton are probably easily going to make 20 years in service. :P

route101

Established Member
Blimey, not even the 53-plate Tridents are safe from the deluge of new buses. Hopefully there might be a few stragglers still in service when I'm up there in May.

It's interesting considering their sisters from the same batch in Southend and Taunton are probably easily going to make 20 years in service. :P

I reckon the 53 plates will still be here in May and some tridents.

route101

Established Member
Noticed a B10BLE on the 6 last night too which was rather odd to see - in a good way. I like the B10BLEs, always have done since they were introduced on the 62. After they left Parkhead they were only ever really seen again on the 240 but that became less and less so it’s good to see them on Caledonia routes. As for the E400MMCs I hope to see them also spread their wings since they’re not branded.

Also really liking the orangey colour for the 254. Seems really odd to have such local services receive new branded buses as normally they’re thrown the oldest available stock. It’s good to see how much First have improved in Lanarkshire.

Dont think B10BLEs have ever been on the 6 or 66 regularly . Scanias yes !

theblackwatch

Established Member
I have removed/edited a number of posts bitching about another group. Please take any matters you have directly with people there, and leave this thread/forum to discuss buses. Many thanks :)

SarahDFIG

Been told it should be leaving soon but it's on the transfer list to Overtown. 2 darts leaving soon for Dumbarton. Awaiting fleet numbers.

B7RLE 69295 VOR lifted and ready for service at Blantyre, painted in new livery
ADL E300 67738 - Dumbarton to Essex
B7RLE 66718 - Cymru (Ravenhill) to Caley
B7RLE 66952 - Blantyre to Livingston
B7RLE 69184 Caley to Livingston

Blantyre's E300s should start getting branding stickers applied next week.

More ALXs due to be scrapped in the next few weeks.

possibly e200s going to Overtown tonight/tomorrow from Blantyre but not confirmed. @lastbus possibly able to confirm but I don't think it's true.

Last edited:

lastbus

Been told it should be leaving soon but it's on the transfer list to Overtown. 2 darts leaving soon for Dumbarton. Awaiting fleet numbers.

B7RLE 69295 VOR lifted and ready for service at Blantyre, painted in new livery
ADL E300 67738 - Dumbarton to Essex
B7RLE 66718 - Cymru (Ravenhill) to Caley
B7RLE 66952 - Blantyre to Livingston
B7RLE 69184 Caley to Livingston

Blantyre's E300s should start getting branding stickers applied next week.

More ALXs due to be scrapped in the next few weeks.

possibly e200s going to Overtown tonight/tomorrow from Blantyre but not confirmed. @lastbus possibly able to confirm but I don't think it's true.
Not that I know of but that’s not to say it won’t happen.