• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

awsnews

it was just about to move when I seen it in caley so could well be the same one
The one at Scotstoun was parked in such a way that I couldn't ID it but I would agree that it was probably the same one seen at Caley earlier.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Are there unbranded refurb B9s coming through now? All the ones I’v seen so far have been branded for the 61, but I saw a very fresh looking Northern Irish plated one on a 4 today & didn’t see any branding

I have noticed a few unbranded B9TLs appearing on the 60/60A as of recent. Didn’t think they would be able to brand the 60 as it shares fleet with the 41? Not sure if this is just chance or whether they’re still refurbing more B9TLs for routes like the 60/60A and the 41.

Does anyone know if there have been many more refurbs taken place? Perhaps the ones released from the 77 will be done once the new stock arrives?

smtglasgow

Any idea if the E300’s off the 77 are staying or being cascaded out? The 9 could really do with something newer. Don’t know what First were thinking of branding 13 year old buses on one of the few routes with direct competition. Buses are a state internally and are beginning to look shabby on the outside too. Presumably the route will get something new(er) soon, but it’s looking very unloved at the moment.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Any idea if the E300’s off the 77 are staying or being cascaded out? The 9 could really do with something newer. Don’t know what First were thinking of branding 13 year old buses on one of the few routes with direct competition. Buses are a state internally and are beginning to look shabby on the outside too. Presumably the route will get something new(er) soon, but it’s looking very unloved at the moment.

Totally agree. First have been upgrading their fleet in Lanarkshire to fight off the competition so hopefully they’ll do the same with the 9. The 9 used to receive the newest stock at one stage but nowadays it’s mainly B7RLEs which as you said are pretty tired now. They should use the E300s from the 77 and rebrand them in pink for the 9. The B7RLEs are great buses but they aren’t going to refurb them so they’re tired inside.

SarahDFIG

Totally agree. First have been upgrading their fleet in Lanarkshire to fight off the competition so hopefully they’ll do the same with the 9. The 9 used to receive the newest stock at one stage but nowadays it’s mainly B7RLEs which as you said are pretty tired now. They should use the E300s from the 77 and rebrand them in pink for the 9. The B7RLEs are great buses but they aren’t going to refurb them so they’re tired inside.
Not sure what they will be used for but guessing they might help retire the B10s and remaining toiletboxes. I guess the 9 could be in line for new vehicles possibly in the next order but only a guess.

route101

Established Member
Not sure what they will be used for but guessing they might help retire the B10s and remaining toiletboxes. I guess the 9 could be in line for new vehicles possibly in the next order but only a guess.

Yeah the B7RLES are manky inside , smell your jacket and jeans after ! Ive always thought the Paisley section 9 will be dropped at somepoint

route101

Established Member
I have noticed a few unbranded B9TLs appearing on the 60/60A as of recent. Didn’t think they would be able to brand the 60 as it shares fleet with the 41? Not sure if this is just chance or whether they’re still refurbing more B9TLs for routes like the 60/60A and the 41.

Does anyone know if there have been many more refurbs taken place? Perhaps the ones released from the 77 will be done once the new stock arrives?

Seen a few unbranded ones too .On 41 and 60 today . Have all the ones on the 61 been done?

route101

Established Member
Another trident off fleet. 33121

believe a few more alxs are soon to go very soon.

Only Trident this week ive seen in Glasgow was the one i was on the 31 yesterday , LN51NRJ . Is this the last one in service? 31 has alx 400s on it , at least 3 of them , also one on the 60

route101

Established Member
the Scottish government need to look at how many passes are actually out there as they seem to hand them out to anyone. Far too many junkies get them along with people who actually work. See plenty of construction workers getting on using them

Apparently if you have autism or Asperger you get a pass . Not everyone has a viable illness .Do know someone who has , no problem with that but do with his rent paid for council house . He dosent work as if he does hes gonna be paying rent.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I've got bilateral deafness over certain MHz so it also qualifies me for a Disabled NEC, however I'm able to work full time, and earn enough to be able to cover my own travel expenses. I just don't feel comfortable with tax payers in affect paying for my travel when I'm more than capable myself.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The SN62 one ?

Yup.

Apparently if you have autism or Asperger you get a pass . Not everyone has a viable illness .Do know someone who has , no problem with that but do with his rent paid for council house . He dosent work as if he does hes gonna be paying rent.

You get loads of bus enthusiasts with mild forms of mental disabilities (Such as Autism) who function perfectly fine and yet have a pass and abuse it to ride buses all day. Does irritate me quite a bit.
The passes should only be issued to people with limited mobility or with more severe mental disabilities which stop them being able to walk a certain distance etc. People with mild Autism shouldn't be getting passes in my view.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Yup.

You get loads of bus enthusiasts with mild forms of mental disabilities (Such as Autism) who function perfectly fine and yet have a pass and abuse it to ride buses all day. Does irritate me quite a bit.
The passes should only be issued to people with limited mobility or with more severe mental disabilities which stop them being able to walk a certain distance etc. People with mild Autism shouldn't be getting passes in my view.

Fortunately, Disability is one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act, so I agree people with mild autism being entitled to a disabled bus pass.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Fortunately, Disability is one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act, so I agree people with mild autism being entitled to a disabled bus pass.

Perhaps, i should have stated that i say this as someone with mild autism. I don't have a pass and have never applied as i don't see why i should be eligible.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Only Trident this week ive seen in Glasgow was the one i was on the 31 yesterday , LN51NRJ . Is this the last one in service? 31 has alx 400s on it , at least 3 of them , also one on the 60

The 60 used to be mainly trident operated and have noticed in the last couple of days it being mainly B7TL and B7RLE operated with the odd B9TL and ALX400. It will be odd to see the tridents go as it feels like they’ve been here forever and they’ve been such a huge part of Glasgow’s fleet. Glad we’re seeing some new stock arrive and ousting the old.

SarahDFIG

Still a few tridents in service but there isn't very many left. More due to leave very soon along with ALXs.

Been told the Airport deckers will be the same colour but a revised livery too suit a double decker.

1 is near completion at ADL Falkirk and will start it's test runs soon. Hopefully we will see a picture of it at ADL very soon on flickr

Scott mac

Should first glasgow go head to head with stagecoach x19 as its very busy and just increased there timetable city centre to hospital or is there a agreement in place not to compete.
First Glasgow tried it before and it didn't work lots off people are very loyal to stagecoach

route101

Established Member
Still a few tridents in service but there isn't very many left. More due to leave very soon along with ALXs.

Been told the Airport deckers will be the same colour but a revised livery too suit a double decker.

1 is near completion at ADL Falkirk and will start it's test runs soon. Hopefully we will see a picture of it at ADL very soon on flickr

Not seen any tridents last two days , are they gone ?

route101

Established Member
The 60 used to be mainly trident operated and have noticed in the last couple of days it being mainly B7TL and B7RLE operated with the odd B9TL and ALX400. It will be odd to see the tridents go as it feels like they’ve been here forever and they’ve been such a huge part of Glasgow’s fleet. Glad we’re seeing some new stock arrive and ousting the old.

Yeah , funny how Glasgows tridents only just outlasted Edinburghs .

route101

Established Member
Yup.

Is it abusing the systems? Maybe it helps them going on the buses .