• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gingerbus1991

The question is whether we should be enabling people to make essential journeys or enabling people to have jollies?
Concessions should certainly allow for those essential journeys of visiting families, shopping, clinic/hospital appointments...

Of course there are even the elderly who travel to a day out in Aberdeen from Glasgow, it is there right they should have those excursions if the system allows it, even if they got limited long distance journeys per year many may also be visiting family far away.

For the way in which this country is litterally going crazy these days about equality says differentiating all disabilities is wrong, it just doesn't work in this country to make those judgments anymore without some softy getting efficacious.

Even alcoholism and drug dependancy is seen by many as a disability of sorts.

KendalKing

Established Member
Been told the Airport deckers will be the same colour but a revised livery too suit a double decker.

1 is near completion at ADL Falkirk and will start it's test runs soon. Hopefully we will see a picture of it at ADL very soon on flickr

33102 SK19 EOO is completed

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Concessions should certainly allow for those essential journeys of visiting families, shopping, clinic/hospital appointments...

Of course there are even the elderly who travel to a day out in Aberdeen from Glasgow, it is there right they should have those excursions if the system allows it, even if they got limited long distance journeys per year many may also be visiting family far away.

For the way in which this country is litterally going crazy these days about equality says differentiating all disabilities is wrong, it just doesn't work in this country to make those judgments anymore without some softy getting efficacious.

Even alcoholism and drug dependancy is seen by many as a disability of sorts.

The issue i have is with people (particularly bus enthusiasts) who function perfectly fine going around the country to the middle of nowhere on random buses. I agree that the odd day out here and there is fine, but there's a different between the odd day out and abusing the system to tick off random buses and visit every corner of the country.

Bus Lightyear

Seen more E400mmcs on the x19 . What service went head to head ?

It started off as the Stagecoach Magic Bus 19 after deregulation was underway. After Magic Bus closed down GCT ran the service before it was taken over by First Glasgow. By that time Stagecoach had reappeared and First eventually pulled out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/solen...eup-7zDrB-qw7Kuo-qEuGFP-23MmVzh-WC1Nfx-yEFJr6

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32313...eCqH-He1JZa-NeY4t2-uGSvtA-xY1YS-CqQozX-NGQoHz

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77000...-22xUErh-24xbPx3-23iAG8N-Xbifvx-XbfiSt-QV9rJs

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
This is the new 500 deckers

I really like the E400City it makes a nice change from the E400MMC. I wonder if they could get a low height option for the 6 and upgrade the fleet for that route. Then they could move the E400s on to other routes like the 3, 9, X8, 16 services.

SarahDFIG

This is the new 500 deckers
thanks for pic

I really like the E400City it makes a nice change from the E400MMC. I wonder if they could get a low height option for the 6 and upgrade the fleet for that route. Then they could move the E400s on to other routes like the 3, 9, X8, 16 services.

Honestly doubt the 6 will get new vehicles. They are what 8 year old.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member

The new 68/19 plate E400MMCs are all low height (13"8'), only fully height E400MMCs with First Glasgow are the 65 plates (14"1').

route101

Established Member
Low height ones would get under, but it's probably too tight to risk.

Yeah , maybe know that and not gone to test it .

E400 citys would e good for a bit of variety

6 has a mixture of eclipses , e300s and e400s. More singles on it now , surely theres enough deckers to cover the 4 and e400s to be put on the 6.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Yeah , maybe know that and not gone to test it .

E400 citys would e good for a bit of variety

6 has a mixture of eclipses , e300s and e400s. More singles on it now , surely theres enough deckers to cover the 4 and e400s to be put on the 6.

Much like Lothian's 30 perhaps Artics should be considered if capacity is such an issue...

route101

Established Member

Maybe a small top up to existing low heights , more deckers on the 6 .

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
thanks for pic

Honestly doubt the 6 will get new vehicles. They are what 8 year old.

Never too early to receive new deckers. At a time the 2 (formally the 62) was operated by new low floor Scania L113s, followed by L94s which introduced about 1997/1998. Then by 1999 bendy buses were operating on these routes. Followed by in 2001/2002 a massive order for B10BLEs and B7Ls. By 2005 new B7RLEs were ordered for the route.

It doesn’t matter how long they’ve been on the service, if they want to renew the stock they will. I’ve noticed a number of the E400s straying on to routes like the 4 and some even appearing on routes like the 3, 9, 10 and 57. I even saw one on the 2 the other day. There must be a reason for this.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Never too old to receive new deckers. At a time the 2 (formally the 62) was operated by new low floor Scania L113s, followed by L94s which introduced about 1997/1998. Then by 1999 bendy buses were operating on these routes. Followed by in 2001/2002 a massive order for B10BLEs and B7Ls. By 2005 new B7RLEs were ordered for the route.

It doesn’t matter how long they’ve been on the service, if they want to renew the stock they will. I’ve noticed a number of the E400s straying on to routes like the 4 and some even appearing on routes like the 3, 9, 10 and 57. I even saw one on the 2 the other day. There must be a reason for this.

On that topic the stock on the 77 right now is only just 6 years old and being replaced, much younger than the E400s on the 6.

Volvodart

Established Member
It is just not on age new buses are allocated to routes. It also depends on how profitable the route is and the opportunity for growth. Is the 6 highly profitable

route101

Established Member
It is just not on age new buses are allocated to routes. It also depends on how profitable the route is and the opportunity for growth. Is the 6 highly profitable

Important route , one of the most important links key areas .

route101

Established Member
Never too old to receive new deckers. At a time the 2 (formally the 62) was operated by new low floor Scania L113s, followed by L94s which introduced about 1997/1998. Then by 1999 bendy buses were operating on these routes. Followed by in 2001/2002 a massive order for B10BLEs and B7Ls. By 2005 new B7RLEs were ordered for the route.

Yeah , must be a reason. Someone said that the low heights are treated like any bus now

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I would have always thought the 6 was profitable considering it received new East Lanc Nordics which were pretty big buses. Once they had gone off lease new low height E400s were ordered for the route. Not to mention newer (then) Scania’s operated this route. Perhaps over the years the route has quietened down it’s not unheard of. Look at the 4 even this route has got quieter over the years when it used to be such a huge route (at one point Streamline like the 62).

There must be a reason for singles appearing on the 6 though or management wouldn’t be allowing them to appear on other routes. Perhaps they’re starting to see a change with some routes having deckers and actually needing deckers. The 60 is the same it tends to have a mixture of deckers and singles nowadays. Routes like the 3 and 9 which in recent years went single deck operated are now starting to see E400s and Gemini’s appear on them. Hopefully they do the same with the 2 as it seems to get really busy at peak times - don’t think complete single operation always works for a route that busy.