• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Update

Overtown

05 plate Dart: 42886 (reported scrapped) no info on why unless it's beyond economical repair.

Transfers
Cally to FSE: 66718/66954/66955/69014

few solos from scotstoun to caley but not got fleet numbers.

Are the ones to FSE at Livingston?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CM

That'll be why people have been told not to post their photos from the depot then...

Surely if First are going to hold an open day at their depot they should expect that people are going to take photos and put them online? If they don't want photos of their depot etc etc then they shouldn't have held the open day!

lastbus

Surely if First are going to hold an open day at their depot they should expect that people are going to take photos and put them online? If they don't want photos of their depot etc etc then they shouldn't have held the open day!
The open day is in July it’s staff who have not to post the photos.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

There wasn't an open day. It was just staff who took photos at the depot today who are being asked not to post them just now.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Does anyone know what the state of play is with the B9TL refurbishments? There are still a few around Glasgow with the original interiors - does anyone know if anymore are/are planned to be done?

I’ve started to notice a few B9TLs running around with the blue fronts but no branding for the 61 and also the shade looks a little different... could this be for the 60?

Gingerbus1991

Does anyone know what the state of play is with the B9TL refurbishments? There are still a few around Glasgow with the original interiors - does anyone know if anymore are/are planned to be done?

I’ve started to notice a few B9TLs running around with the blue fronts but no branding for the 61 and also the shade looks a little different... could this be for the 60?
I wouldn't want to be part of the depot allocations and Floor Planning for all these colour coded buses appearing!

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I wouldn't want to be part of the depot allocations and Floor Planning for all these colour coded buses appearing!

I’m not 100% if it is another shade just seen a few pics where the blue seems lighter somehow. Would be nice to see the 60/41 get refurbished branded buses.

alangla

There was a nose to tail line of withdrawn airport E200s right in the middle of the parking area at Caledonia when I passed on Saturday, hope they kept them out of the shot!

Milkboy

lastbus

CM

I wonder if the TC has finally caught on to these depot runs, they should never be allowed.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Why do they have these journeys?

It's quite clearly so they can claim fuel reimbursements, however there's technically speaking nothing wrong with them. You can imagine having a bus going long distances out of service looses quite a bit of money so having it run in service is a way to reduce running costs. It's no different to if you had a bus route go past the depot and you started/finished buses there rather than at the Terminus. It's actually a very common method of saving money on longer routes that may have quite a long dead run to/from the depot.

I wonder if the TC has finally caught on to these depot runs, they should never be allowed.

I doubt the TC has finally caught on to anything, at a moral point of view some may view it as wrong, but as i say technically and legally speaking there's nothing wrong with them.

alangla

Maybe the TC has started performance monitoring these journeys against the timetable & First have decided they’d rather have more flexibility?

lastbus

Maybe the TC has started performance monitoring these journeys against the timetable & First have decided they’d rather have more flexibility?
The Caledonia runs were withdrawn due to punctuality issues I believe due to the number of buses trying to leave the depot at a scheduled time in the morning. Running out of service also gives driver more flexibility to avoid roadworks or traffic delays aswell.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

That was my thinking too. Further to that there was probably cases of drivers not realising it was a service run and as such going to the start point of the main route on the duty out of service. Meaning the depot run failed to operate, affecting their overall punctuality rating.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member

When you see the buses all lined up like that you see the investment that has been made with more to come!

They’ve started planning for the next phase which is exciting. Hopefully they’ll tackle more main stream services (ie the ones which enter the City Centre) like the 4, 5, 9/9A, 60/60A, 10 etc. Also the unloved routes like the 46, 64, 8 etc would be nice to see some new stock with the correct size requirements similar to those in Lanarkshire.

Does anyone know what the plan is with the E300s? They’re Euro 5 and the same with the Streetlites. There are a number of these on the fleet including main services being made up of them. Are they retrofitting them or are they going to be cascaded out to Lanarkshire and beyond and the likes?

lastbus

When you see the buses all lined up like that you see the investment that has been made with more to come!

They’ve started planning for the next phase which is exciting. Hopefully they’ll tackle more main stream services (ie the ones which enter the City Centre) like the 4, 5, 9/9A, 60/60A, 10 etc. Also the unloved routes like the 46, 64, 8 etc would be nice to see some new stock with the correct size requirements similar to those in Lanarkshire.

Does anyone know what the plan is with the E300s? They’re Euro 5 and the same with the Streetlites. There are a number of these on the fleet including main services being made up of them. Are they retrofitting them or are they going to be cascaded out to Lanarkshire and beyond and the likes?
They will be retrofitted. All streetlites are in Lanarkshire already though I’m sure.

SarahDFIG

next phase is supposed to be announced soon and should start arriving later in the year. not got a clue what it will include but guessing mixture again.

E300s most should stay and be retrofitted and streetlights the same boat possibly.

9/9a I think we will see this upgraded in the next batch.

would be great to see more city deckers being ordered and put on the express routes but obviously not as high spec as airport vehicles.

Time will tell though.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Though to be sure, I’m sure they’ll be the dissenting voice that criticises the vehicle type, the spec, the colour, that it’s a product of the LEZ, that it’s not been done already etc.

Despite the history of underinvestment, it is good to see the money being spent. Wonder when the next tranche will arrive?

Milkboy

Nothing to do with passengers loadings that these were withdrawn.

Fair enough, it was just an uneducated guess. Though I could see some logic in keeping certain journeys from a commercial perspective (EK-Caledonia or Scotstoun-Clydebank might pick up some custom, whereas I'd be surprised if anyone ever wanted to travel direct between, e.g., the Gorbals and Harestanes).

But in that case, why withdraw some and not others? Are there financial consequences (beyond fare box revenue) arising out of the withdrawal of more than a certain number of services in one go?

Gla1

I have to say there are changes afoot at first which is clear to see particularly in Glasgow. A simple advert on the side of this bus shows the new local operator view first seems to want to portray along with the new branding and buses. I’m not saying by any means they’re perfect but with the investment now and to come it does seem like there’s a change afoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89656...-S2wfW4-25ddPqc-2fKbpmh-S4iFUe-2fKbq5S-S4i1Vc