• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Group Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytrains

Received an invitation to an assessment yesterday at 11am and only saw the email at 8pm and all the slots have been taken so i have to wait for the next available one

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Received an invitation to an assessment yesterday at 11am and only saw the email at 8pm and all the slots have been taken so i have to wait for the next available one
I would have assumed the slot would be yours unless you didn’t turn up or said you couldn’t make it?

tauhid miah

hi guys i have my MMI coming up at the end of this month with GWR. can anyone shine any light on what the day will be like and what to expect? ive been waiting for this for nearly 1 year so i dont want to screw it up!!

Tahnks

Stigy

Established Member
hi guys i have my MMI coming up at the end of this month with GWR. can anyone shine any light on what the day will be like and what to expect? ive been waiting for this for nearly 1 year so i dont want to screw it up!!

Tahnks
Search the forum for ‘MMI’ and there’s loads of info mate. Makes more sense than doubling up all the info.

Riyad

Hi guys, I want some info please, I passed all first stage paper and computer assessment with GWR but I a failed second stage MMI assessment. When I have a chance to apply again after 6 months, do I have to submit a whole new application? Or they will just contact me if there is new MMI slots available after 6 months?
Thanks in advance

Stigy

Established Member
Hi guys, I want some info please, I passed all first stage paper and computer assessment with GWR but I a failed second stage MMI assessment. When I have a chance to apply again after 6 months, do I have to submit a whole new application? Or they will just contact me if there is new MMI slots available after 6 months?
Thanks in advance
You’ll have to submit another application but will only have to sit the MMI and DMI assuming you make the sift. If you’re internal, you don’t necessarily need to wait for a vacancy I believe (just contact recruitment....I’m willing to stand corrected on that one though). If you’re external though you’ll have to await for a vacancy or advert for another pool to go live.

Riyad

You’ll have to submit another application but will only have to sit the MMI and DMI assuming you make the sift. If you’re internal, you don’t necessarily need to wait for a vacancy I believe (just contact recruitment....I’m willing to stand corrected on that one though). If you’re external though you’ll have to await for a vacancy or advert for another pool to go live.
Thanks Stigy. I'm external, this TOC recruitment process often ends in disappointment . I first applied in October 2017, and now back to square one.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
If you’re internal, you don’t necessarily need to wait for a vacancy I believe (just contact recruitment....I’m willing to stand corrected on that one though).
Yes you do. Not even Internals can apply to jobs that aren't advertised.

Goingloco

Out of interest does anyone know the requirements for Gloucester? Is it likely that an external candidate will potentially have a long wait following a successful DMI??

Cheers.

Bridger

Hi all.

I attended my Driver Manager interview yesterday, and I'm pleased to say that I've passed! I'm now in the talent pool for Paddington... Could be weeks before I receive a start date, could be years! :lol:

I had already completed the first set of psychometric assessments with my current TOC, before completing and passing the MMI with GWR earlier this month (Feb 2019).

Long time lurker here, thank you to all on the forums who have provided such good advice!

Best of luck to everyone applying.

TTD85

Hi all.

I attended my Driver Manager interview yesterday, and I'm pleased to say that I've passed! I'm now in the talent pool for Paddington... Could be weeks before I receive a start date, could be years! :lol:

I had already completed the first set of psychometric assessments with my current TOC, before completing and passing the MMI with GWR earlier this month (Feb 2019).

Long time lurker here, thank you to all on the forums who have provided such good advice!

Best of luck to everyone applying.
Well done! When did you apply, out of curiousity?

Bridger

Well done! When did you apply, out of curiousity?

November last year, so in the grand scheme of things it's happened quite fast. Although I imagine this to be the case because I had already passed the first set of psychometric tests. :)

TTD85

November last year, so in the grand scheme of things it's happened quite fast. Although I imagine this to be the case because I had already passed the first set of psychometric tests. :)
I have too but not heard much about mine as yet. Lucky to get sorted so fast!

Adman1980

Agreed it’s a risky business. I had thisbwith DB Cargo. I just pulled out all the stops in the end and went anyway because I didn’t want to miss the opportunity (admittedly if I was out of the country I simply couldn’t have attended). DB basically gave me one date and said they weren’t any other dates (although they said there may be at some point). It’s a captive audience with train driver jobs so anyone who is accommodated if they can’t attend the initial invite are very lucky....I’d see it as a good omen lol.

GWR gave me a choice of two days, and two times for each. Others have had three or four possible dates. Mdeends when the managers are interviewing I guess.

Hi Stigy, I have my DMI with DB Cargo next week. What was your experience? Any tips at all please mate

Stigy

Established Member
Hi Stigy, I have my DMI with DB Cargo next week. What was your experience? Any tips at all please mate
It’s a standard interview with competency based questions ususall safety related. They were really accommodating and made me feel relaxed. I was a bit shocked at the accommodation mind you....a small portakabin (it was at the depot I applied for so wasn’t a bug building or anything so to be expected I guess).

Adman1980

It’s a standard interview with competency based questions ususall safety related. They were really accommodating and made me feel relaxed. I was a bit shocked at the accommodation mind you....a small portakabin (it was at the depot I applied for so wasn’t a bug building or anything so to be expected I guess).
Did they refer to your MMI questions and answer?

Eggs&Bacon

Had a MMI on Monday, just wondering what people’s opinions are about ringing/emailing the OPC/GWR to ask if I’ve passed or not.?

They did say 5/10 days for the results. I’m just impatient..:D

Stigy

Established Member
Had a MMI on Monday, just wondering what people’s opinions are about ringing/emailing the OPC/GWR to ask if I’ve passed or not.?

They did say 5/10 days for the results. I’m just impatient..:D
I certainly wouldn’t ring before the 10-days are up. You won’t get an answer either way until they are ready.

Stigy

Established Member
Did they refer to your MMI questions and answer?
No. As the MMI aid oart of the assesment process that’s kept separate. However, don’t be surprised if some of the questions are very similar.

EricW

Hi wondering if anyone has any insight. I had my MMI interview after my assessments last Tuesday. I have not heard back yet. Is this likely to be bad news?

Termy

Attended Stage 1 today.... Now begins the first of hopefully many periods of waiting. :3

Termy

Had an email from GWR Resourcing. It's a little ambiguous, but I am hopeful of a successful result for Stage 1. It says "We are pleased to advised you haven completed the first stage". :3

Status
Not open for further replies.