• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Group Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
I'm sure for dmi u can reapply anywhere else but for gwr it's 6 months...
You can. It’s just GWR at this stage where 6-months applies. If it was any part of psychometric testing it would be 6-months across the board.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks Stigy. They have said that the interviews will be marked this evening and that hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

It definitely sounds like a good time to be applying for GWR though, lots of opportunities.
Agreed. If it doesn’t work out for me as a driver (I’m just a worrier) I might look at jumping ship from SWR to GWR anyway pending vacancies they have. Are you in the rail industry already?

Daydr3am3r

Agreed. If it doesn’t work out for me as a driver (I’m just a worrier) I might look at jumping ship from SWR to GWR anyway pending vacancies they have. Are you in the rail industry already?

No I’m a Police Officer, think I’m the only one on this forum looking to move across .............

Daydr3am3r

Just received my email stating that I passed my DMI and am now in the talent pool for Exeter St David’s!!

Daydr3am3r

Thanks Des! The information given to me at the end of my interview yesterday was very positive and indicated that there are lots of vacancies coming up over the next year or so and lots of courses being run to cover this!!

Termy

Just received my email stating that I passed my DMI and am now in the talent pool for Exeter St David’s!!

Very nice, awesome work. Congratulations! :3
I'm awaiting my DMI, following my Stage 2 pass on Monday... Hope we both don't have too long to wait!

mercie3281

Can you provide examples of the questions asked. Currently preparing for my DMI
Congratulations on your success
Cheers

Stigy

Established Member
Many congratulations! As I found out, it may not be as long a wait as you would imagine.

Daydr3am3r

Very nice, awesome work. Congratulations! :3
I'm awaiting my DMI, following my Stage 2 pass on Monday... Hope we both don't have too long to wait!

Thanks Termy!
Good luck for your DMI when it comes around. I’m sure it won’t be long before you are given a date. The panel yesterday made it pretty clear that there are a lot of vacancies!!

Daydr3am3r

Can you provide examples of the questions asked. Currently preparing for my DMI
Congratulations on your success
Cheers

I wouldn’t want to pass you specific questions as all depots could be geared differently for the DMI so I wouldn’t want to steer you down a particular route.

What I will say is that you need to know your own personal values and what you would bring to the table that would assist you in the role.
Study GWR and understand their brand and values.
And have plenty of examples of sitiratibs that cover all of the competency areas listed for a train driver!

Des587

Is there anyone on here who has/had applied for Gloucester and what stage they are at

PaulBusDriver

Is there anyone on here who has/had applied for Gloucester and what stage they are at
Yes I have, I have yet to receive a response following the online assessment. Haven't heard anything other than a response to a enquiry I sent to GWR HR asking what was happening but they just said keep waiting in a nutshell.

Des587

Yes I have, I have yet to receive a response following the online assessment. Haven't heard anything other than a response to a enquiry I sent to GWR HR asking what was happening but they just said keep waiting in a nutshell.
Hopefully you will hear soon

Longggday

It’s definitely a waiting game.
I applied in October 2017 and didn't do the first assessment day until July 2018.

The process is slow but in there defence so many people apply for these roles, and also with GWR going through a mass recruitment phrase as well I think the recruitment teams are under a lot of pressure.

Fingers crossed your wait will be over soon.

Ebee

Just got an invite for DMI. if anyone else got the email hurry and book your slot there are 5 slots available!

Termy

Just got an invite for DMI. if anyone else got the email hurry and book your slot there are 5 slots available!

Ahead of you. :P As soon as I saw the email, went straight to booking one! DMI all now booked, and the nerves have kicked RIGHT back into gear! Good luck, really hope I get to see you on a training course, in the mess room or on a platform at some point!

Status
Not open for further replies.