First Midland bluebird Survival

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by overthewater, 24 May 2016.

1. Driver362

Driver362 Member

Loved our B7 RLE's. Drove all the 07 batch and 09 batch @ Larbert. Thing was ours were limited to 62mph. Larbert 09 batch were 50 mph, the 07's at L. W had far more comfy seating than the 09's

2. Observer

Observer Member

The B7RLEs were all fine until the ECUs kept on kicking up and forcing them to go slow....or not work at all. That happened years ago of course.

3. Bluebirdscot66

Bluebirdscot66 Member

Still happens occasionally Ecu failure, and restricted up to 35 mph

4. Driver362

Driver362 Member

I mind driving them at 6 months old and they had eml lights on! We're told to run it!!. You just sat waiting for the enviable engine derate to happen. Although a lot of the times it was add blue related. After running scanias that were pre add blue it was a bit baffling to them that this stuff could cause so much issues. But the recycle it culture didn't do them any favours. They had a hard life at L.w but are still going strong :D

5. Zakforbes4

Zakforbes4 Member

I have a couple of questions
    1. What is Addison news all about like one bus every 3 ish hours and like why is it called news.
    2. why are alot of first midland bluebirds in barbie livery.
    and 3 what is the difference between this new x38 and the old 38.

Sorry if I sound stupid I'm from glasgow just interested in first midland bluebirds.

6. Observer

Observer Member

1. It's just one man and his 15 seater minibus, nothing to do with First. Been running that for many years. Used to own a newsagent in Callander, timetables on stops say Addison of Callander.
    2. Repainting the whole fleet takes time and there's been so many liveries since Barbie, by the time Larbert was mostly painted up blue then came the current livery.
    3. No real changes, just matching the Lothian Country number.

7. Zakforbes4

Zakforbes4 Member

why doesn't he run it more often or is he unable?

8. JumpinTrainz

JumpinTrainz Member

They don’t care half as much about FSE fleet or presentation compared to Glasgow. Things have improved more now but previously there have been buses running around looking very untidy.

FSE has the nicest livery now out of all of them IMO.

9. overthewater

overthewater Established Member

10. overthewater

11. Jordan Adam

Jordan Adam Established Member

Aberdeen and Scotland East are on a standard "University closed" timetable. So everything is running as normal except the Stirling UL and Aberdeen 1B, 9U & 20. I suspect the reason for this is because the network manager for Aberdeen/Scotland East was/is on holiday and they (as in the other management staff) couldn't be bothered making temporary timetables like Glasgow did.

12. Smithy4321

Smithy4321 New Member

I think this is incredibly harsh, the number of people involved in planning in that area are a much smaller group than in Glasgow and no doubt decisions were likely to have been made early last week before events fully evolved. No doubt the folk involved will be busy planning things from next week.

13. Jordan Adam

Jordan Adam Established Member

I dont think its harsh at all. Especially not given that that's pretty much how things have been for the last 2 or so years. In past service changes and meetings their excuse for not adjusting timetables following a consultation has nearly always been because the network manager had went on holiday.

It's nothing against anyone personally but it's pretty evident that the management for Aberdeen/FSE are not able to keep up with the changing dynamics of the operating area and are often far too preoccupied by West Lothian. Even if you look at Aberdeens online timetables and maps it's very clear that there's a lack of local knowledge and that's without even talking about the state of the network!

14. overthewater

NO way FSE can wait until next monday to cut the services..

15. Volvodart

Volvodart Established Member

Timetables from March 30 are now on the forthcoming timetables section of the First website.

16. overthewater

Surprising it will take place on Monday, Also X23 are now gone. while in Forth Valley its minaly a Sunday service however with extra early morning runs especially on the x38.