• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First TPE HR email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix107

Can anyone who works for TPE or knows from previous encounters, please message me with an email address for HR if there is one?

I'm qualified driver trying to contact them regarding any speculative vacancies that may arise soon, as I need an urgent move north due to relocation.

Many thanks if anyone can help/advise

Mix

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
TPE dont really like speculative applications, they also make all qualified drivers applying take the tests again.

If you are in a rush then you would have much more luck with Northern, or are they a bit bottom drawer for you!

Mix107

No at all, Northern my preferred option for sure and already in touch with them. Just keeping options open and not all my eggs in one basket as they say.

How can they make existing drivers take psychometrics again as with The European train driving licence this allows you to drive anywhere in Europe and what of those older drivers that have never taken any tests?

455driver

Veteran Member
Because TPE are 'special', or so they think!

edit-
If they havent taken the tests before then they are in for a shock, it doesnt actually mean anything if you fail them as you are already qualified, it just means TPE will not be taking your application forward (to use modern jargon bullshoite)!

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
Oh I see, should be the same across the board for all TOCS.

Dont be silly!
Cant have the 'special' ones being the same as the bottom feeders can we! :lol:

Oh I work for a bottom feeding TOC just in case you think I am being derogatory!

Mix107

I work for Greater Anglia, some might say the same about them. But i don't see it that way. I like the mix of inner/outer surburban work and they a good company to work for.

With Northern you get a great mix of routes and traction, so got my fingers crossed with them more than anything.

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
I also prefer multi stop work but Express work occasionally is a nice change, wouldnt fancy all fast work though, I would find it boring. I am an ex bus driver you see, old habits die hard! ;)

Good luck with the move.

Nym

Established Member
I also prefer multi stop work but Express work occasionally is a nice change, wouldnt fancy all fast work though, I would find it boring. I am an ex bus driver you see, old habits die hard! ;)

Good luck with the move.

Not really much choice on my network, but when I'm working out on the line I normally want to be having frequent stops as that's usually what I'm trying to listen to or look at to diagnose repeat and quiet faults.

Back to topic, I've never been a fan of First Group HR, not really forthcoming in either their advertisements / recruitment or during the recruitment process.

When they where recruiting me they did seem to come off quite negatively...

Last edited:

notaspotter

How can they make existing drivers take psychometrics again as with The European train driving licence this allows you to drive anywhere in Europe and what of those older drivers that have never taken any tests?

They don't make you take all the tests again, the tests you do are pretty simple and is used to cut down the applicants who apply. I was in there a hour tops, when I did mine. As for European driving license, these are only issued, well at TPE anyway to new drivers, current drivers don't have to be issued as yet, I think 2018 is when they can be issued by.

Mix107

Thanks for all the info and naughties guys of what I shouldn't do! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.