• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Food addictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernowfem

My work colleagues have recently noticed i may be in danger of having a pickled onion addiction.

Ive found myself buying a whole jar of them to munch through a shift. I also have three jars sitting at home in the fridge.

Does anyone else have their odd food addictions, or do i need help from the palette police??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
Cucumber. I eat it like regular fruit. Could happily sit and eat a whole one.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Cheese. Absolutely love it! Been known to buy some Camembert from Tescos at 1400, and have finished it completely by 1500. There isn't a type of cheese I've had that I haven't liked.

Hydro

Established Member
Cheese is a miracle foodstuff, it goes with anything!

Hydro

Established Member
My grandfather eats strong cheese and crackers with an After 8 on top. After initially scoffing, I tried it....and it's nice!

I haven't tried it with vanilla ice cream, but I bet it's not awful. It's bearable on a Hob Nob.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
My grandfather eats strong cheese and crackers with an After 8 on top. After initially scoffing, I tried it....and it's nice!

I haven't tried it with vanilla ice cream, but I bet it's not awful. It's bearable on a Hob Nob.

I'll have to try the after 8, cheese and a cracker! I usually just have the cheese and the cracker with a few grapes and fresh spring onions.

SS4

Established Member
This thread reminds me of Freaky Eaters on BBC3 and in turn Harry Hill's constant **** take thereof

Pickled onions are nice though, I don't eat them at the same rate as you I admit but do like a couple with every meal, they make a good snack.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Much as I love good cooking and 'complex' meals, good old basic bread, cheese and milk keep me going on many days as if they were an addiction. (Washing that lot down with red wine probs does make it into an addiction).

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Not addictions, but certainly contraditory oddities:

*I hate vinegar, but love mint sauce.

*I hate something else but love something its in. ( yes, I've actually forgotten what my second such oddity is! I'll edit this post when I remember! ):oops:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Cheese flavour quavers, seriously I can eat them by the multipack full. I've started to cut down but seriously for a while back there I was eating far far too much of them.

route101

Established Member
I was addicted to them Stroopwafels or Caramel Wafers out of Lidl.

mumrar

Established Member
"Cheese is a kind of meat, a tasty yellow beef, i milk it from my
teat, but i try to be discreet"

Hydro

Established Member
*I hate something else but love something its in. ( yes, I've actually forgotten what my second such oddity is! I'll edit this post when I remember! ):oops:

I hate tomatoes, but I love all kinds of tomato sauces (ketchup, bolognaise etc) and tomato flavourings.

"Cheese is a kind of meat, a tasty yellow beef, i milk it from my
teat, but i try to be discreet"

Nice nod to the Boosh there!

Roasted & Salted Cashew Nuts
On many occasions, I've bought 1/2lb and clobbered the lot in the space of 30 - 45 minutes.

12" MeatFeast Pizza
My local chippie makes pizzas from scratch, and I regularly get a 12-incher down my neck in one session. (I'm sorry if that last bit sounds horribly sexual!)

CHIPS!
Thers's nothing wrong with chips - must have salt & vinegar.

BlythPower

My work colleagues have recently noticed i may be in danger of having a pickled onion addiction.

Ive found myself buying a whole jar of them to munch through a shift. I also have three jars sitting at home in the fridge.

Are you trying to scare off Ivo?

Ahhhh, so thats whats causing my flatulence....:oops:

That'll be a 'yes' then! ;)

It's crisps and savoury snacks for me...
Beef Monster Munch
Seabrooks Beefy Crisps
Tyrrells Chicken and Tarragon
Bacon Fries
Hmm... :D

Blast from the past: Anyone remember Kung Fueys?

DarloRich

Veteran Member

Does anyone else have their odd food addictions, or do i need help from the palette police??

What about a pickled egg?

route101

Established Member
Roasted & Salted Cashew Nuts
On many occasions, I've bought 1/2lb and clobbered the lot in the space of 30 - 45 minutes.

12" MeatFeast Pizza
My local chippie makes pizzas from scratch, and I regularly get a 12-incher down my neck in one session. (I'm sorry if that last bit sounds horribly sexual!)

CHIPS!
Thers's nothing wrong with chips - must have salt & vinegar.

Gotta love Cashews and meat feast pizzas . Ive just had my second Pepperoni Pizza in 2 days.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
12" MeatFeast Pizza[/B]
My local chippie makes pizzas from scratch, and I regularly get a 12-incher down my neck in one session. QUOTE]

Whatever you do in your own home is fine with me - but a 12 incher must make your eyes water.................. especially with chilli topping!

For me it has to be curry, any type - i could eat them till i burst!

Status
Not open for further replies.