• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hn0

the mighty Everton FC

since about 8 years old, now 32 and we're still cräp.

First points of the season last weekend, and some new players. Lescott 22 million? I'll bite your hand off sir! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
GOOD MAN i'm also a sunderland afc supporter:D
love the FTM bit. you should have seen the welcome the sunderland fans got when they got off the train at newcastle central by the police a few weeks ago

Shocking over-reaction by the police, shameful scenes and the SAFC supporters were not to blame. And the way it was dealt with in the Newcastle based media later on was equally shameful.

Now the SMB... if I posted on here the stuff I post on there, I'd be banned within 5 posts I reckon! BTW I am not the Royston Vasey on there

BlythPower

Aah. Good point - I wouldn't be surprised if someone's already got that. I'll have to check it - and the LNER original, just in case.

I love owt like this me.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Aah. Good point - I wouldn't be surprised if someone's already got that. I'll have to check it - and the LNER original, just in case.

I love owt like this me.

You mean you wouldnt be surprised if it was SEB?? :lol:

Edit: It's available marra, go for it!

Last edited:

The Snap

Established Member
First points of the season last weekend, and some new players. Lescott 22 million? I'll bite your hand off sir! :)

And so you should! £22 million was far too much. I would have said £15 million was pricey. He needs to justify that price-tag for me. Toure looks better...

I'd be interested to know everyone's opinions of us - all I hear is "they're spending too much, blah blah blah!". Anybody out there acually positive about what we;re trying to achieve? :roll:

O L Leigh

Established Member
I don't like football. It's boring, there's far too much of it and people latch onto it as a reason to behave badly.

In fact, I'd go along with Bill Bailey's description. "22 over-paid under-talented borderline rapists attempting to shepherd a bit of leather into an outside cupboard".

O L Leigh

...I was there! I was there! I thought there was a bomb/terrorist or something, the way it was surrounded and completely closed off. wait a minute...

...IS THIS THE FOOTBALL THREAD!?!!?? ACK...*runs away*

Like wise i was there doing a days spotting and just waitng to jump on a train back to berwick when it all kicked off all i can say was i was VERY DISGUSTED
at the way the police went on.
Yes i'm all for the police using force if people are acting like animals but in this case i can't see what the sunderland fans were supposed to have done or been blamed for . I also do have this on film as i had my camcorder
with me so i filmed it before a police officer tryed to move me on.

BlythPower

Like wise i was there doing a days spotting and just waitng to jump on a train back to berwick when it all kicked off all i can say was i was VERY DISGUSTED
at the way the police went on.
Yes i'm all for the police using force if people are acting like animals but in this case i can't see what the sunderland fans were supposed to have done or been blamed for . I also do have this on film as i had my camcorder
with me so i filmed it before a police officer tryed to move me on.

Have you been in touch with the Football Supporters Federation? Your video could be very useful in terms of helping to clear the supporters of blame and ensuring that Northumbria police get their just desserts.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
For once I get a bit of a boast!

3-1!!!!!!!!

Mighty mighty Wigan ended Chelsea's 100% record in all competitions on Saturday. I was there, front row, got a wink of Phil Dowd, an autograph from Scharner and completely lost my voice.

So worth it though

Status
Not open for further replies.