• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

So who's your team? How do you think they will do this season? I know it's a bit early but i am a Southampton Supporter and because of the last board we nearly went out of business.So forgive me for being happy that i still have a team to support.If you don't like Football then i respect that so no need to post.Over to you lot

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lonewolf

Bristol City since i was 11 (same year i took up drums lol)
we've made some good signings in the break and i honestly think we'll finish 2nd behind either Ipswich or Newcastle

my home team though is Inverness Caley Thistle
and i think we should go straight back up as champs and be the West Brom yo-yo apreciation society of Scotland lol

As stated above i am a Saints supporter and it is going to be a tough season in league 1 starting on - 10 pts.No disrespect to other clubs in this division but i think it will be competitive this season as along with saints you have the likes leeds, Norwich and Charlton.But as we found in the championship anyone is capable of beating anyone so looking forward to the challange.Just have to get a decent Manager now and a few more experianced players as our last chairman Rupert Lowe sold or loaned out our best players so we had to rely too much on our youth players.If all goes to plan this season i hope we can atleast reach the play-offs.

Mintona

Established Member
Blimey, lot of Championship team supporters. Reading is my team. If we sign a couple of players I reckon we could be in with a decent shout.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Chelsea for me HaHa!

Im not a glory hunter or anything but just liked them since i was a kid i think we will come about 2nd or 3rd this season coming ah!

In the four pre season matches so far my saints have drawn 3 and lost 1

Eastleigh 1 v 1 Saints

Totton 2 v 2 Saints

Bournemouth 2 v 1 Saints

Cheltenham town 0 v 0 Saints

Have a home game against those Dutch minnoes Ajax on sat wonder if we will win that?:lol:

The Snap

Established Member
Manchester City. :)

Season Ticket holder since I was 7 (back when we were in the 2nd Division under Joe Royle!)

mikehcfc

Hull City here.Life long supporter.Just enjoying the ride still.Nobody wants to sign forus though :(

Blimey, lot of Championship team supporters. Reading is my team. If we sign a couple of players I reckon we could be in with a decent shout.
Are my Saints the new Reading FC? We now have Alan Pardew as manager and have Graeme Murty on trail as a possible signing. So how do you rate them both Mintona?

Mintona

Established Member
Are my Saints the new Reading FC? We now have Alan Pardew as manager and have Graeme Murty on trail as a possible signing. So how do you rate them both Mintona?

Pardew is Judas to us. But he is a good manager.
Murty will do a good job for you at right back.

Any chance we could have Lallana?

CCF23

I'm a West Ham United fan :)

Pardew is Judas to us. But he is a good manager.

He done well in his three or so years with us getting us from mid table championship (after we got relegated from the premiership in 2003 and lost all our best players) to getting to the FA cup final in 2006 (which we should of won), top half of the table in the premiership and into the UEFA cup, signing us some good players too.

COME ON YOU HAMMERS, all the best Chris.

Established Member
I am a lot older then most of you who have posted, and i am rather glad no one has jumped on the glory hunting bandwagon that seems to have taken place. For my sins i support Arsenal (i know glory hunting blah) however i started to support them in the deep dark 1960s a period dominated by that team from up the road and the fact they hadnt won anything for 17 years. Since then i have followed them in the bad times as well as the good times and i have been a season ticket holder on and off for the past 30 years.

Well not the best start for my beloved Southampton 2 draws and 2 defeats. As we were on -10 pts we really need to start picking up points asap.Alan Pardew had a couple of weeks of pre-season only to prepare the team but we started to look a bit more solid in sats 1-1 draw with Brentford so hopefully they are starting to gel and will start picking up more points.

mumrar

Established Member
I'm a Liverpool fan through and through. My intentions when starting at 7 weren't entirely honourable, but I've stuck with them. I'm gutted we sold Alonso and think we may regret it this season. Just wish I was old enough to have enjoyed our crazy good days. I'll never forget the season all 10 entries for BBC goal of the season were LFC goals

Established Member
Im a scouse (liverpool) fan :) dont know why but I made a trip to Liverpool last year and just became a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.