• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Butts

Veteran Member
I'd rather Arsenal get one/three points in midweek against Wigan. Without Benteke we'll struggle to score.

I wasn't expecting anything from this game to be honest but we've given a decent account of ourselves.

Perhaps, 45 minutes late, Chelsea will finally be down to nine men if Hazard has to go off?

More bad news for Wednesday if it's a hamstring :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
With our goal difference compared to Wigan's a draw is much the same as a loss.

richw

Veteran Member
With our goal difference compared to Wigan's a draw is much the same as a loss.

Take it you havent Looked at the League table, even losing by one goal you still have a better goal difference than Wigan

SS4

Established Member
Take it you havent Looked at the League table, even losing by one goal you still have a better goal difference than Wigan

Really? Can't say I have.

Full time and we lose
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'll definitely be watching MOD tonight - it's the only game so plenty of action.

It's all over :oops:

I shan't be. MOD will be Frank Lampard Appreciation Day and it'll be forgotten we even took to the pitch

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
I'm still wating for Rafa to get some credit - I fear even if Chelsea win The Europa Cup and finish 3rd in The premiership it will still elude him. :p

richw

Veteran Member
Villa's Goal difference -22, Wigan and Newcastle both -23, Southampton -11, Sunderland -12.

SS4

Established Member
I stand corrected, I shall try and see Stan's lap of appreciation. Thanks for everything Petrov and get well soon :)

Butts

Veteran Member
They only need a point :p

edit: Arsenal can easily do it but will they?

Looks like Spurs are going to miss out :p

Your only real worry is in the unlikely event of Wigan winning the Cup today they may be on a real high, even so the odds are stacked in your favour.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I wonder what Matt has to say about the Chelsea fans invading the pitch?

Why should I have anything to say about it? :| There's a difference between vapid behavior and vicious behavior. I commented on that latter because it's a lot rarer and also a lot more, well, disgusting.

I'm still wating for Rafa to get some credit - I fear even if Chelsea win The Europa Cup and finish 3rd in The premiership it will still elude him. :p

He won't, which is a shame as he's one of the world's best and twice (or more) the manager Di Matteo is. He's certainly destined for another decent job on the back of this stint anyway. Oddly the one person I credit for Chelsea's CL victory isn't RDM, it's John Terry. Had he not been sent off they'd never have switched to more defensive tactics and eventually Barca would have overwhelmed them. Such mentality carried over to the Final and won it for them.

ReverendFozz

Just seen in Billy Hills that Wigan are 7/1 to win this afternoon, has many other teams had as long odds in a 2 horse race so to speak...I remember my dad telling me Sunderland were about 6/1 in 1973...

I cant recall a team given as good as no chance in the Cup Final, maybes Millwall in 2004

Butts

Veteran Member
Just seen in Billy Hills that Wigan are 7/1 to win this afternoon, has many other teams had as long odds in a 2 horse race so to speak...I remember my dad telling me Sunderland were about 6/1 in 1973...

I cant recall a team given as good as no chance in the Cup Final, maybes Millwall in 2004

I imagine when Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the eighties the odds would have been rather long. :idea: and Southamptons victory over Man Utd in 1976 a similar case.

Liam

Established Member

9/1 with Betfred.

familyguy99

Come on Wigan beat Man City but I think if City goal first they might go on and score three or four more.

Surprise Hart started as I would give it to Pantilimon special he started every FA Cup match for City.

familyguy99

WIGAN HAVE WON THE FA CUP but will they be relegated on Tues night if results go against them tomorrow.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wigan will be back at Wembley in August when they played Man Utd in Community Shield, Man City team probably cost around £300M and have no trophy this season, I think Mancini will be sacked come end of this season.

ReverendFozz

My prediction Wigan to become the first ever club to win the FA Cup and be relegated in the same season.

Mancini to be sacked !!!!

Pleased for Dave Whelan :p

I can see that now, wonder where Mancini will be in August, if he gets sacked, is there much chance of him ending up a little place called Goodison Park, or is Roberto Martinez still favourite for the Everton job.

Also good to see Dave Whelan come full circle after being crocked in 1960

richw

Veteran Member
This can be reported as a bigger upset than Wimbledon, Wimbledon finished that season 7th or 8th I believe

Butts

Veteran Member
This can be reported as a bigger upset than Wimbledon, Wimbledon finished that season 7th or 8th I believe

I disagree Liverpool at the time were seasoned winners and a force to be reckoned with and feared throughout Europe.:lol:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Well done Wigan, however this needs to act as a massive wake-up call for City. Far, far too many average players to be a title-winning side or a European force: Lescott, Milner, Dzeko, Rodwell, even Hart looks average at times. I often think it's just Kompany, Yaya Toure and Tevez / Aguero who keep them going.

I too think Mancini will be gone before next season, quite how such a bog-standard manager lasted so long is beyond me. I think even Mark Hughes would have done better if he'd stayed and been given the money Mancini has.

I do have to be honest though, and even though it's one of the biggest days in their history, if I was a Wigan fan I'd still swap today for survival. I think they've run out of steam this year and hopefully this will be reflected come next Sunday when they are relegated. Sooner or later they'll have to realise you can't be woeful until March and expect to carry on going.

David

Established Member
It's not that Man City have too many "average" players, it's that Mancini, for whatever reason can not inspire his players enough to get the best out of them on a regular basis. The best 2 managers who cold do that were Fergie (who's retiring) and Nigel Adkins.

Anyway, what do Birmingham City, Wigan Athletic and Swansea have in common?

They have all won more silverware than Aresnal in the last 8 years. :lol: