• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

familyguy99

You have feel sorry for Coventry fans of what happening with that club, I believe they will start with -15 points but it could rise up to -30 points which could mean they be playing League Two football come 2014/15 if they still have club by then, I also hear that they only sold 300 Season tickets for this season as fans don't what to travel to Northampton to watch them played.

BlueFox

Any reason or is just another arbitrary decision made in FA towers?

It's the Football League, not the FA. They have a rule that says clubs will get a points deduction if they start the season in administration.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Any reason or is just another arbitrary decision made in FA towers?

I have now been retired now for three years and may be unaware of recent legislation, but from what I remember......

Administration is where the company is run as a going concern by administrators under legal strictures, whereas liquidation normally is a much more serious matter further along the scale of financial matters where the actual closure of the company will lead to a percentage of monies from the sale of realised assets being first distributed to preferential creditors and then and only then will any residue, if any, being paid to unsecured creditors.

Does this make it clearer that the liquidation of a football club would be viewed in far more serious terms by the football national body than one entering into administration and therefore making such a football club considering liquidation susceptible to a more severe stringent points deduction stricture.

ReverendFozz

Is there or is there not 2 sides to Coventrys ownership, one group running the club and the other party beiin charge of the playing side of the club,

From what I understand it is not the footballing side that has gone into liquidation, and that the FA or FL have to step in to transfer the golden share or ticket whatever it is called, I wish the authorities could have done this last year when we(darlo) had our problems.

As for the 15 point deduction, it is not exactly a one oft punishment, the same happened at Leeds 7 years ago

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

familyguy99

Results - Stevenage 3 Oldham 4 yes four :)

Latics was 1-0 down at half time then score three goals in first 15 mins to lead 3-1, then let two goal in and look heading for draw until Latics won a penalty in which Baxter score to make it 4-3 to Oldham :D

not a bad start to season for Latics but they need to work on the defence as we can't keep letting goals go in.

I see Bournemouth and Yeovil won this afternoon so good start for them in Championship and also for Newport who won 4-1 against Accrington in League Two division.

David

Established Member
That's me probably not getting an away goal bonus this round, but I've had a pretty reasonably start, including 3 points for the Oldham match 8-)

Liam

Established Member
Beating Rangers is nothing special these days. :lol:

What was more interesting was McCoists post-match comments about Charles Green's return to Ibrox and his comments in the morning papers.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Forfar's famous win.

Since it was a Scottish League Cup match between two teams in the same division, I was not surprised that it was the newly-promoted side who lost, albeit in the very last minute of the match.

I was more impressed by the comprehensive 5-0 away win by "The Blue Brazil" over Berwick Rangers, as they did not take their "foot off the pedal" just because they were playing a lesser side.

Even Fort William managed to score TWICE in the same match at home in the Highland League opener against Turriff United..and only conceded four, which was better than their 12-2 defeat to Brora Rangers in the final game of last season. Have they "turned the corner" ?.....or will they be dreading the first round they play in the Scottish Cup, when they are usually embarrassed by losing heavily to teams from a minor league. If there was such a team as Lybster Chip-Shop Owners FC, they would be looking forward to meeting Fort William in the Scottish Cup...<(

richw

Veteran Member
If that's the case, why do Strathclyde Police treat derby matches between the 'old firm' as high risk security alerts ?

Because of all the thugs that follow those specific clubs and end up clashing.

**Thugs are the minority of fans from both teams but ruin the reputation for all.

Because of all the thugs that follow those specific clubs and end up clashing.

**Thugs are the minority of fans from both teams but ruin the reputation for all.

I wouldn't even say most of them are fans - most of them are troublemakers who spot the potential for some conflict and have a "day out".

musicking1306

What is the end of season predictions for the top 4 leagues this season?

I personally have my predictions but I will give them later.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
What is the end of season predictions for the top 4 leagues this season?

I personally have my predictions but I will give them later.

I think that matter is worthy of setting up a dedicated new thread for ease of viewing comparisons by all members, rather than having to trawl through the master "Football"l thread....Just an idea..

Oswyntail

Established Member
.....**Thugs are the minority of fans from both teams but ruin the reputation for all.
Perhaps we should start a "Cliche Bingo" competition. All we need is a list of said cliches to include, with this as the first. I might suggest:-
  • Team (eg Aston Villa) are too good to be relegated
  • The media are biased against Team (eg Leeds)
  • Team (eg Manchester United) always get favourable decisions
  • Team (eg Newcastle) are in the middle of an injury crisis, and would be much better once they have their first choice players back
  • Team (eg Hyde) are doing really better than expected this season
  • Fort William lost again

All possibly true, but not meaningful or worth repeating. Any other suggestions?

Johnuk123

Established Member
If that's the case, why do Strathclyde Police treat derby matches between the 'old firm' as high risk security alerts ?

Because they attract sectarian thugs.

It doesn't mean that Scottish football is interesting, in fact since it's gone from a 2 team to a 1 team nation it's even more boring and predictable.