• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
He was probably bribed.

If that particular news has reached the ears of the main football talk-shop in Britain, the RailUK forums "Football Thread", then that particular knowledge once known in a certain dressing room is going to fill all the Newcastle United defensive players with apprehension at ever making a back-pass to him ever again....:roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You're not the only one who's noticing it.

Perhaps the Referees Association should be immediately disbanded and a new refereeing organisation set up where "Redtop" so-called football pundits, vociferous supporters of the Aston Villa and Leeds United football clubs, TV football pundits, the EDL, and others be asked to officiate using their vast and comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of the Laws of the Game to show how refereeing should be carried out correctly....:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Evans and Cisse both charged with spitting.
Cisse has admitted, Evans is denying it. From the footage I've seen Evans spit was much more obvious. In fact I cant believe from the footage he can even think about denying it.

CC 72100

Established Member
He may have denied it in other interviews, but according to the BBC report he is yet to respond to the FA.

Evans, 27, has yet to respond to the FA after being charged on Thursday.
However, he has denied deliberately spitting at Cisse.

Not that it changes anything - I hope the FA throw the book at both of them. Spitting is one of the worst things in the game.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31759240

richw

Veteran Member
He hasn't responded to the FA but has denied it to every other source, and LVG is backing him.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Not even until the end of the season, it will only run until March when his conviction is "spent" He'll then be able to resume his role at the club. They stressed that Shaun Harvey (who was an ex-director at Leeds who lost his job when Cellino came in) was not involved in the decision.....wonder how much influence he had over the votes though. He clearly has an axe to grind.

An update to the matter of Cellino is that the ban upon him has now been extended to 3rd May.

An update to the matter of Cellino is that the ban upon him has now been extended to 3rd May.

...and i'm 100% it's all above board ;)
Evans and Cisse both charged with spitting.
Cisse has admitted, Evans is denying it. From the footage I've seen Evans spit was much more obvious. In fact I cant believe from the footage he can even think about denying it.

Both their actions was disgusting and have no place in the game or society but at least Cisse has admitted it and is willing to take his punishment.

Sadly the mentality of that club in red leaves a lot to be desired once again. They really are not great an endearing themselves to people. Pathetic actions from Evans and Manchester United to be honest, the footage is damning.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Not that it changes anything - I hope the FA throw the book at both of them. Spitting is one of the worst things in the game

Really? Worse than racism? Worse than Ryan Shawcross or Ben Thatcher style "tackling"?

I find it fascinating that John Terry gets a four-match ban for calling another player a n***** c***, yet Cisse gets seven matches for gobbing on someone.

But if Cisse gets seven matches after admitting it, I'd like to see Evans get twenty matches. It's typical Trafford Town tactics to deny everything and rely on the useless FA to reach the "correct" decision (as they always do with United players). And you know what? I reckon the FA will acquit Evans.
They stressed that Shaun Harvey (who was an ex-director at Leeds who lost his job when Cellino came in) was not involved in the decision.....wonder how much influence he had over the votes though. He clearly has an axe to grind.

:lol:

Harvey has a better job now than he did at Leeds United. Much more powerful. I'm sure there are no axes to grind, unless you think Puppet-Master Bates still has an axe to grind?

That said, Harvey was a slimy little weasel when he was Club Secretary at our place...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It's typical Trafford Town tactics to deny everything and rely on the useless FA to reach the "correct" decision (as they always do with United players).

You really must be very careful indeed when naming football clubs in this way as this club that you name, who play in the Evo-Stik NPL Premier Division have never ever done anything of the sort.
On 16th March, Mike Ashley and Rangers will face a Scottish FA dual enquiry into the situation of a possible breach of the "Dual Interest" rules.

The matter on hand today was the Rangers Extraordinary General Meeting which saw:-

Derek Llambias and Barry Leach being voted off the board

Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan were voted onto the board

Fulham 1....Bournemouth 5

This Friday night emphatic away win at one of the struggling Championship clubs sees Bournemouth go top on goal difference.

This should put bb21 in good humour for the coming weekend...:D

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This should put bb21 in good humour for the coming weekend...:D

Indeed Paul. Not many occasions where I can sit tight on a Saturday afternoon and watch the others battle it out, safe in the knowledge that any mistake by the other promotion contended will be taken advantage of. :lol:

richw

Veteran Member
The swear filter has shown its shortfallings in post 15252. In my opinion the ban should be reduced for pleading guilty, or increased for denial when it is so blatantly obvious on TV cameras what he did.

familyguy99

Yeovil 2-1 Oldham

Yeovil scored in 92 mins to win the match and Oldham player B Wilson was sent off for second yellow card. :(

To me worse Barnsley are now 7th in table after they won fifth time in row and they play us next Saturday, all points to Oldham win at Boundary Park and become first team to beat Barnsley under Lee Johnson.

Hyde 0-0 Guiseley

Four matches unbeaten run for Hyde and second clean sheet in five days. :o

SS4

Established Member
Referee doing his best to give West Brom a chance :|

FFS, our fans are being disgraceful. That's what's going to be on tomorrow's back pages but only because the media want it to be. The BBC like little more than hating on Midlands football

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Great game at Villa park BUT

- Yacob sending off - never. Completely wrong.

- 4 pitch invasions is disgraceful behaviour. Failure to control fans - without a doubt.

Controversial but - kick Villa out the cup for the above? Gary Lineker "all the players are in high spirits" Oh yeah, the West Brom players running to the tunnel for their safety definitely were.

A not insignificant majority ruining it for the majority I'm sure. 4 times though is pathetic.

Butts

Veteran Member

FFS, our fans are being disgraceful. That's what's going to be on tomorrow's back pages but only because the media want it to be. The BBC like little more than hating on Midlands football

Two wins in a row and over "The Baggies" to boot....

Can you believe it ?

Villa for the Cup :p

- 4 pitch invasions is disgraceful behaviour. Failure to control fans - without a doubt.

Controversial but - kick Villa out the cup for the above? Gary Lineker "all the players are in high spirits" Oh yeah, the West Brom players running to the tunnel for their safety definitely were.

A not insignificant majority ruining it for the majority I'm sure. 4 times though is pathetic.

They have had little to celebrate recently......<D

SS4

Established Member
Two wins in a row and over "The Baggies" to boot....

Can you believe it ?

Villa for the Cup :p

Nah. Man Utd will win, they're too "lucky"

edit: anyone else noticing the forum being a bit slow in the last 5-10mins?

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

May I play Devils Advocate and ask if this match had been played at Old Trafford and the incidents of pitch invasions had occurred there, would the subsequent forum postings be those of the calm and collected type?
edit: anyone else noticing the forum being a bit slow in the last 5-10mins?

Glad to see someone else noticed this at that specific time. I changed my channel from 11 to 1 on my BT Home Hub.
Well Hearts are struggling a bit against Cowdenbeath only stuck TEN past them :p

Noting that result in the Scottish Championship last week, it was with not a little interest that I noted that the next match for Cowdenbeath was a home match against Rangers.

It was something therefore of an anti-climax to find this game ended up as a scoreless draw.

Antman

Established Member

I saw it on TV, I thought the first half was dire, second half a bit better.

I thought both red cards were ridiculous.

I think the FA are going to have to take some action over the pitch invasion, maybe ordering the game be replayed behind closed doors.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The West Brom fans- charmers that they are (I'll never forget watching 2500 of them singing songs about the Valley Parade fire)- ripped up seats in the away end and started chucking them.

You'd have to boot both sides out.

As for our cup tie, Reading came for a 0-0 and Reading got a 0-0. It's worked for them but I expected the higher-division side to do a bit more than park the bus.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
Why would they order the game be replayed? The result was not under question.

So what do you suggest? Paltry fines don't work.

Or shall we just allow pitch invasions to become the norm until the inevitable serious incident occurs?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Those following teams who seem to be permanently near the bottom of their leagues should take solace that good runs by struggling teams can occur, as proved today in the Scottish Premiership by Ross County who won their fourth consecutive league match and those 12 points gained have taken them from bottom to tenth, out of the two relegation places.

Well done to Dave Whelan for nearly inciting a riot today, stupid old man

Sadly I think our manager is going to be in trouble with the FL after his post games comments. The fix continues as refeeres continue to refuse to give us anything, yet another blatant penalty not given. We worked out on the way back from the game that is the FOURTEENTH incorrect penalty decision since the Birmingham game, that includes the.shocker against Bornmoth which was 5 yards outside the area..........ref gives a pen lol.

Least we won, great goal by Mowatt.

CC 72100

Established Member
You could see them all standing on the permieter wall after the 2nd goal, after that point it was obvious and the safety of the players for me was not guaranteed at that point.

Fabian Delph re. invasion after end of match
"My armband got nicked, someone got my left boot, but I could appreciate the relief the fans are feeling after a result like that," he told BBC Sport.

"It was dangerous. Someone tried to take my boot off. People tried to kiss me and were biting me. It was scary."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31784681

Poor behaviour from both. West Brom fans may have been no angels, but I didn't see them running amok and putting players, coaching staff and match officials in danger at that point, nowhere near compared to what the Villa 'fans' did.

I would hope this leads to sanctions (failure to control supporters?) and at the very least a review of staffing levels at Villa Park.

So for you the Yacob sending off was totally justified? If anybody it was Bacuna who was out of control, Yacob saw the ball and ran off with it!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It looked like neither a foul nor a dive to me watching on BBC1 (they'd cancelled Bargain Hunt :( )

And it came to pass that Jesus and some disciples came to that part of Samaria called Birmingham and some moderators from RailUK forums brought forward a man from the village of Aston who was blind to refereeing decisions and begged Jesus to heal him.

Jesus applied spittle to the man's eyes, put his hands on his head and asked "Do you see anything". The man looked up at Jesus and said "My eyes see all the iniquities of The Hawthorns and Old Trafford".

Jesus once more put his hands on the man's eyes and the man found his eyes were now clearly opened and he said to Jesus "Grealish did indeed dive like the swan in the ballet that was choreographed by Ashley Young"

Jesus then said to the assembled throng "Blessed are those who once were blind but now can see" and to the cured man, he said "I say this, that you will soon sit at the right hand of Paul McGrath in the Kingdom of Heaven"

Here endeth the lesson for today.