• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

backontrack

Established Member
Well done Scotland - absolutely dominated Slovakia (who played most of the match with 10 men after Robert Mak received two early bookings), hit the bar twice, lost out to four brilliant saves by Martin Dubravka before Martin Skrtel turned Ikechi Anya's cross into his own net while under pressure from Chris Martin. 1-0 the final score at Hampden.

SCOTLAND: (4-2-3-1)
Gordon; Tierney (both Celtic), Berra (Heart of Midlothian), Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Robertson (Liverpool); Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion), Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday); Forrest (Celtic), Morrison, Phillips (both West Bromwich Albion); Griffiths (Celtic)
Subs used: Martin (Derby County, for Forrest, 61), McArthur (Crystal Palace, for Fletcher, 79), Anya (Derby County, for Tierney, 82)
Subs not used: Alan McGregor (Hull City), McGinn (Hibernian), Snodgrass (Aston Villa), Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Hanley (Norwich City), Fraser (Bournemouth), Archer (Millwall), Cooper (Leeds United), Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

96tommy

The first of the Darlington players to arrive at Bootham Crescent is David Ferguson. Looks a solid defender and one of their stand out players. Just what we need.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The first of the Darlington players to arrive at Bootham Crescent is David Ferguson. Looks a solid defender and one of their stand out players. Just what we need.
cheers :(

Better as a left midfield actually. England C international. Too good for York or Darlo and should be playing in the league. You have also signed Mark Beck. Both came from full time so have rightly jumped at the chance to get back there. Seems Gray also went for our goal keeper Adam Bartlett but the lad told him to do one. Good for him. The way Gray has carried on has left a very bad taste with many of the Darlo players. Word is a couple of others told him to do one when approached

The best thing to come out of all this is that we get some very useful money. Said to be £60k for the pair.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Being: Northern Premier League Division One North ( playing Prescott Cables) You might enjoy it. It is decent honest football played in the right spirit.

PS we won that league. Beat Salford by 14 points.
Bamber Bridge won 1-0 to remain 2nd, behind only South Shields (who appear to be far too big for that league). I do like non-league, some decent football played and some cracking characters on the terraces (and the pitch!). Enjoyed it so much I've decided to go back there tomorrow instead of attending a neutral league game at a new ground.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
If like me you're a Sky/BT refusnik, Georgia vs Wales is live on S4C at 5 pm, but you'll have to listen to the commentary in Welsh.

S4C gets some great sport. It was the only free-to-air channel to show highlights of the All Blacks vs Lions RU tests earlier this year, but again the commentary was in Welsh. My guess is that they get the broadcast rights on the cheap as long as they don't broadcast in English.

BBC Alba also gets some great sport but again the commentary is only in Gaelic.

Nos da.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Live coverage of the local derby between The New Saints and Elgin City is on S4C this afternoon.

Drogba11CFC

Kidlington 3...Winchester City 1 (Coyle 52, Williams 77, Browne 90+5; Harfield 75, Tomasso s/o 90+2)

Winchester City's hopes of repeating their record-breaking run in last season's FA Trophy were dashed as they were eliminated by Kidlington in a very bad-tempered game. The first half was a fairly flat affair (with the referee blowing for half-time just as a Winchester City player was about to shoot) but the visitors spurned a glorious chance to take the lead before the hosts did so themselves from a dubious fee kick. City's number 9 then went down injured, jeopardising his chance of playing in the England C side next Wednesday (much to the amusement of the ref) before an equaliser was scrambled in, only for the visitors to be caught on the break. The visitors were reduced to ten men late on before the hosts sealed their victory, before blocking the corridor to the changing room after the match to aggressively celebrate in front of the visiting fans while the ref stood by and watched. It goes without saying that City's players and fans won't be forgetting this for a long time; I, for instance, am considering finding a chippy and taking my own half time snacks and drinks in December so that all they get from me is the entrance fee and not a penny more.

Other Results:

Saturday:

Bishops Cleeve 0...Larkhall Athletic 1

Bristol Manor Farm 4...Cinderford Town 1

Fleet Town 1...Yate Town 1

Mangotsfield United 0...Thame United 1

Moneyfields 4...Bideford 2

North Leigh 1...Wimborne Town 3

Salisbury 2...Paulton Rovers 3

Shortwood United 1...Didcot Town 0

Slimbridge 0...Hartley Wintney 1

Swindon Supermarine 1...Barnstaple Town 0

Taunton Town 1...AFC Totton 1

Sunday:

Evesham United 2...Cirencester Town 3

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlington 1 v Stockport 1

Same result as recently but a much improved performance. Followed by lots of tweets form players saying it was nice to play football and not have to hoof it and also how nice it was to be around the club. Seems the former manager was popular with some.

it looked a happier ship and several players looked back to their best. There were lots of positives for us to take forward under a new boss.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
A Baleless Wales return to level and crash out of the world cup qualifiers to a unspectacularly rugged and structured Ireland team.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
A Baleless Wales return to level and crash out of the world cup qualifiers to a unspectacularly rugged and structured Ireland team.
Iceland meanwhile win their group by beating a country much younger but 3-4-times their size in Kosovo. Iceland are the smallest country (by population: c.400k) ever to qualify for a World Cup finals.

Antman

Established Member

I thought Martin O'Neil's tactics were spot on, totally done Chris Coleman.

Seeing Wolves V Villa on Saturday, safe in the news that within next few weeks I'll be dishing out Diogo Jota's PFA Championship Player of the Month Gong - to him in person! Was a huge surprise seeing the email in the inbox this afternoon

roversfan2001

Established Member
Went to watch City of Liverpool draw 0-0 with Runcorn Town tonight. Ended my 22-game run of seeing at least 1 goal in a game, going back to 5th August. Still an entertaining game nonetheless.

Internationally last night: The Dutch And the Yanks (you see that right) failed to reach Russia - USA spectacularly being beat by 2006 Group Stage Opponents for England, Trinidad and Tribago 2-1 and missing out on a World Cup for 1st time since 1986 and the State of Panama with a population of just 4 Million reach their 1st ever World Cup; after a 2-1 win V Costa Rica and thus sending the USA out. Wonder what Trump's next move will be??

Netherlands won 2-0 V Sweden but finished 3rd by 5 goals. Argentina were saved by the GOAT - a 1st Half Hatrick by Leo sends them through due to that and other results. 23 out the 32 now qualified, with the other 9 coming through Play-Offs, which will include Australia who sadly beat the amazing footballing story of Syria 2-1, in Sydney yesterday morning.

familyguy99

Rumours circulating that Paul Scholes could be interviewed for the managerial vacancy at Oldham Athletic.

I wouldn't read it into that much Paul as every-time Oldham sacked they manager his name always pop up, it does seen like he have been interviewed for job but I very much doubt Scholes will become new Oldham manager. I just hope Latics give it to Wellans given he done good jobs so far (P3 W3) but if new investment have they say then it probably be Pablo Correa.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Nope. :D

I see Blackburn nearly sold out all their tickets for Saturday game. Hopefully it be good match given both teams haven't played since 3rd October.
Yup our away support has really picked up this year, we took 3251 to your near neighbours Rochdale for example. I think we'll win but you're in good form IIRC so wouldn't be surprised if it finished in a draw.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Internationally last night: The Dutch And the Yanks (you see that right) failed to reach Russia - USA spectacularly being beat by 2006 Group Stage Opponents for England, Trinidad and Tribago 2-1 and missing out on a World Cup for 1st time since 1986 and the State of Panama with a population of just 4 Million reach their 1st ever World Cup; after a 2-1 win V Costa Rica and thus sending the USA out. Wonder what Trump's next move will be??

Park Avenue beat Trinidad & Tobago (well their under 20s at least) 2-1 in 2009 in front of a "crowd" 200. I wonder if any of that team played against the mighty USA in the World Cup this weak?

After the game a three-man steel band huddled under the balcony of the directors' portacabin in the cold and rain playing Leonard Cohen's Halleluia to an empty stadium (if you could call it that). It was surreal.

richw

Veteran Member
If like me you're a Sky/BT refusnik, Georgia vs Wales is live on S4C at 5 pm, but you'll have to listen to the commentary in Welsh.

S4C gets some great sport. It was the only free-to-air channel to show highlights of the All Blacks vs Lions RU tests earlier this year, but again the commentary was in Welsh. My guess is that they get the broadcast rights on the cheap as long as they don't broadcast in English.

BBC Alba also gets some great sport but again the commentary is only in Gaelic.

Nos da.

If you want English, the subtitles are normally available in English. Have watched numerous sporting occasions in welsh!

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
If you want English, the subtitles are normally available in English. Have watched numerous sporting occasions in welsh!

English subtitles are not normally available for big sporting events like the Wales vs Ireland & Georgia Vs Wales games last week, nor the Lions tour.

But you might get them for Pobyl y cwm

roversfan2001

Established Member
I remember watching Newport v Blackburn in the FA Cup on S4C a couple of years ago. No subtitles were available and the radio commentary was a few seconds out. :(

EM2

Established Member
Possibly Slough Town, who defeated Folkestone Invicta 1-0, or Maidstone United, who managed to force a replay in the 95th minute against Enfield Town, having had one penalty disallowed and a second missed.

familyguy99

F A Cup...4th round qualifying

Scarborough Athletic 0...Hyde United 2

Hyde will be in the first round draw. I wonder who they will be paired with.

Hopefully Oldham as I wouldn't mine seeing Oldham play Hyde in FA Cup.

Oldham 1-0 Blackburn

Great win for Oldham who scored in 90th mins to win they fourth straight match and first clean sheet in league this season. :D

Draw would probably been fair results as Blackburn should really been 1-0 up as they miss sitter in first half where they number 31 beat goalkeeper and only need to hit net but hit side of net and just after restart they hit woodwork. Surely Wellens will be appoint Oldham manager on permanent basic were these wins and teams playing better with him then they do with Sheridan.

Last edited:

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 1...Bristol Manor Farm 2 (Bailey 54; Stamp 84, Robbins 88) Attendance: 194

Winchester City suffered a disappointing defeat in a top six clash. An end-to-end first half saw both sides have chances, before England C international Oli Bailey marked his 21st birthday with a superb goal from a tight angle. Both sides came close as the second half wore on, with Bailey coming closest when he elected to try and go around the keeper rather than shooting. This ended up proving costly as the visitors equalised with six minutes left before scoring a late winner from a corner.

Other Results:

Bideford 3...Cirencester Town 0

Bishops Cleeve 1...Barnstaple Town 5

Cinderford Town 1...AFC Totton 0

Evesham United 0...Didcot Town 2

Larkhall Athletic 1...Kidlington 1

North Leigh 1...Wimborne Town 1

Slimbridge 2...Salisbury 5

Swindon Supermarine 2...Taunton Town 3

Yate Town 3...Shortwood United 0

League Table:

1. Taunton Town 10/25