• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Miss lauren92

Tottenham Hotspur 4...Liverpool 1

Two more goals from Harry Kane as Spurs move to third place on goal difference

Liverpool are now in ninth place with a goal difference of minus 2.

As a Utd fan I can't help but be pleased by this result, but after seeing the Utd result yesterday not so much as I should.

Drogba11CFC

Taunton Town 4...Winchester City 1
Adelsbury 7(p), Chamberlain 30, Staley 53, Wright 70; Bailey 37
Attendance: 340

Winchester City were outclassed by the league leaders at a very windy Viridor stadium. The hosts went ahead through an early penalty and doubled their lead on the half hour before an attacking spell from Winchester was rewarded as Oli Bailey's header halved the deficit. The hosts came out fighting in the second half and restored their two goal cushion before catching Winchester on the break for a fourth twenty minutes from time. October has not been kind to Winchester City, and the month finishes with the Cathedral City derby at home to Salisbury.

Other Results:

AFC Totton vs Bideford POSTPONED (Waterlogged Pitch)

Barnstaple Town 0...Slimbridge 3

Bristol Manor Farm 4...Cinderford Town 2

Cirencester Town 4...Yate Town 4

Didcot Town 1...Bishops Cleeve 0

Kidlington 2...North Leigh 1

Mangotsfield United 3...Larkhall Athletic 1

Salisbury 0...Evesham United 0

Shortwood United 2...Paulton Rovers 3

Wimborne Town 3...Swindon Supermarine 0

League Table:
1. Taunton Town 11/28
===================
2. Bristol Manor Farm 11/25
----------------------------------
3. Salisbury 11/21
4. Evesham United 11/20
5. Winchester City 11/19

Groningen

Established Member
That Ronald Koeman wanted in his european game against Lyon 10 minutes extra time. Shaving is also not his strongest point at this moment. Playing in England is special and youn must be good. About Davy Klaassen we have enormous doubts in the Netherlands. He is just not good enough. 150 Million spent for this season in new players. He must have stayed in Southampton.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
As a Utd fan I can't help but be pleased by this result, but after seeing the Utd result yesterday not so much as I should.
I'm not going to gloat about Saturday (though coming out of the ground I did wish I was still 15 so that I could gloat this morning) but I did feel like several of United's players simply underestimated us, thinking they just had to turn up to get the win. Ashley Young one of the big offenders on that front, as was Martial who was a bit lucky to stay on the pitch. Young will be having nightmares about Rajiv Van La Parra for weeks!
Don't actually think MU played that badly though, other than the mistakes. I think everyone in the ground expected Lukaku to just accept the corner rather than whip in that perfect cross for Rashford... They just got sucker-punched by Belgium's REAL number one striker Laurent Depoitre <:D though! ;)

Established Member
Tottenham Hotspur 4...Liverpool 1

Two more goals from Harry Kane as Spurs move to third place on goal difference

Liverpool are now in ninth place with a goal difference of minus 2.

Utter rubbish, again.

The only result I was pleased by this weekend was Huddersfield beating Manchester United.

Antman

Established Member
Utter rubbish, again.

The only result I was pleased by this weekend was Huddersfield beating Manchester United.

Shocking defending by Liverpool and Chelsea weren't much better at home to Watford but got away with it.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Liverpool's defence is utterly crap, crap, crap. Lovren at fault for the first two goals, schoolboy stuff.

If only we still had Alan Hansen on MOTD!

BTW what deep seated trauma has affected Danny Murphy? He always looks so sad and unhappy. It always seems like he has been forced into a job he doesn't like to keep someone happy or that he feels his life lacks meaning or substance and that he yearns to be known for more than kicking a football about.

Oh and Steve Claridge. No. Just no. Why ( oh why) do the BBC pay him to talk utter rubbish on my radio box. He has played all those games of football yet knows nothing about the game. Makes me turn my radio off in a rage.

Antman

Established Member
If only we still had Alan Hansen on MOTD!

BTW what deep seated trauma has affected Danny Murphy? He always looks so sad and unhappy. It always seems like he has been forced into a job he doesn't like to keep someone happy or that he feels his life lacks meaning or substance and that he yearns to be known for more than kicking a football about.

Oh and Steve Claridge. No. Just no. Why ( oh why) do the BBC pay him to talk utter rubbish on my radio box. He has played all those games of football yet knows nothing about the game. Makes me turn my radio off in a rage.

Alan Hansen would have gone ballistic!

I think miserable is just Danny Murphy's natural look.

Established Member
Liverpool's defence is utterly crap, crap, crap. Lovren at fault for the first two goals, schoolboy stuff.

I have no idea why Klopp thinks Lovren is any good, he makes far too many mistakes and has been at fault for far too many of the goals Liverpool have conceded. At the moment, the only defender I think is actually good enough for the first team is Matip. Klavan isn't too bad in my opinion, but I wouldn't play him all the time in the league. Then again, he's easily better than Lovren.

It is absolutely imperative Klopp signs a decent central defender to partner Matip in January, because at the moment, our defence has absolutely no organisation or leadership whatsoever.

One defender I have to mention is Moreno, as credit where it's due, he has been much, much better this season.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I have no idea why Klopp thinks Lovren is any good, he makes far too many mistakes and has been at fault for far too many of the goals Liverpool have conceded. At the moment, the only defender I think is actually good enough for the first team is Matip. Klavan isn't too bad in my opinion, but I wouldn't play him all the time in the league. Then again, he's easily better than Lovren.

It is absolutely imperative Klopp signs a decent central defender to partner Matip in January, because at the moment, our defence has absolutely no organisation or leadership whatsoever.

One defender I have to mention is Moreno, as credit where it's due, he has been much, much better this season.
Hearing rumours that Klopp will move for Chris Schindler in January... hope they are just rumours though. Then again, if that clown that Newton Heath brought off the bench on Saturday cost £30million then Schindler would have to be a world record for a defender!

Groningen

Established Member
What a coincidence that same goal was shown on Dutch television on Monday. There are more however. Not easy to find and i got 2.

Darandio

Established Member
He just looks alright next to Lovren. What is Hyypia up to these days?

Back out of management yet again after taking FC Zurich down.

Despite being a great leader on the pitch he hasn't really done it as a manager. I reckon he would make a good defensive coach, probably not for Liverpool though, they seem hell bent on not addressing it.

fowler9

Established Member
Back out of management yet again after taking FC Zurich down.

Despite being a great leader on the pitch he hasn't really done it as a manager. I reckon he would make a good defensive coach, probably not for Liverpool though, they seem hell bent on not addressing it.
I was thinking more of getting playing again. Ha ha.

fowler9

Established Member
you or I would look "alright" next to Loveren! ;)

Liverpool have got to do something about their goal keeper and back line. It is far to porous.
Klopp for whatever reason seems resolutely against doing so. Perhaps me and you should offer our services. Ha ha.

Darandio

Established Member
Klopp for whatever reason seems resolutely against doing so. Perhaps me and you should offer our services. Ha ha.

I'm starting to wonder now if he has been doing so, but hasn't been very good at addressing it. Or maybe that he believes that he can actually make a bang average defender like Lovren much better, or unlock the things he believes he has that all the rest of us cannot see.

Giving Lovren a new four year contract a few months ago must add weight to this.

Darandio

Established Member
Oh, and in other news.........

Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs and David Unsworth have all expressed a wish to polish the turd that is Everton.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Darlo 2 v Bradford PA 1 - really needed win and a great start for our new manager.

A 6.30 am start from Little Sutton to Darlington via Moorfields, Liverpool South Parkway, York and Thornaby (only way I could get a Club 55 seat reservation) then our on-loan full back puts into his own net in the first 90 seconds. We then gift Darlington a second when our reserve keeper lets a free kick from the touch line go over his head. We get back to 2-1 in the 89th minute and then hit the underside of the bar in injury time. Finally get home at 11.15 pm. Rains for most of the day with not much cover at Darlington RUFC - you even need to be a member to p**s in the gents in the bar. Not one my better days out apart from the beer in the Half Moon and Old Vic. Wisely give Everton a miss on the Sunday.

Good luck to Darlington for the rest of the season however. Your lot seemed like kindred spirits with a similar history of misery.

Established Member
Matip isnt a decent centre h

that has cheered me up no end!

He was absolutely dreadful on Sunday, but either way, he's still far better than Lovren. I personally think Matip's form will improve again once a decent central defender comes in to partner him.

greyman42

Established Member
Can someone enlighten me regarding the controversy with the match ball at the Man City v Wolves game last night ?