• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Can someone enlighten me regarding the controversy with the match ball at the Man City v Wolves game last night ?
From what I can gather, Pep "best manager in the world, even though I've always had money to burn and lots of top players already in place, and never come into a club in the middle of a crisis" Guardiola hasn't heard of Mitre footballs in spite of them being used for decades, and the company being established 200 years ago. The idea that his frontline might have an off-day is unfeasible, so he's blamed the ball for his team's inability to win without penalties. :rolleyes:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
That is basically the gist of it, yes.

He said it wasn't Nike or Adidas, he didn't know what it was really but did claim that it is impossible to score with that ball. Plenty of other clubs/players managed of course.

Minilad

Established Member
That is basically the gist of it, yes.

He said it wasn't Nike or Adidas, he didn't know what it was really but did claim that it is impossible to score with that ball. Plenty of other clubs/players managed of course.

Funny he didn't mention it when they beat the Olbyun in the last round.
Surely a half a billion pound squad should be able to kick a ball in a straight line and it would be the "lesser" players who would find it harder.
These excuses that managers come out with to camouflage poor displays are becoming rather tiresome

Cletus

Established Member
Rather surprised to see Tottenham Hotspur lose a two goal lead in that minor cup match and lose 3-2 at home to West Ham United last night.
Probably for the best for Tottenham really, with the other more important competitions they're involved in.

familyguy99

Oldham 2-3 Scunthorpe

Oldham seven match unbeaten run under Wellens have ended. It sound like Latics defences were poor today and we miss our regular goalkeeper aswell.

Congratulations to England under 17 team who just beat Spain 5-2 to win FIFA World Cup U17 competition. :D

Cletus

Established Member
England under 17's win their World Cup tournament beating Spain 5-2 after giving them a 2-goal start. :smile:

Hopefully some of them grow into full internationals of the future.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North

AFC Goole 1...Hyde United 4

Hyde's visit to bottom side Goole went as expected and Goole did well to keep the score down to only four conceded.

Out of 11 league matches played this season, Hyde have won 7 and drawn 4, scoring 26 and only conceding 6, now in 4th place in the league table.

Darandio

Established Member
This one should please DarloRich given he has a soft spot for Salford....... :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41790381

Salford City goalkeeper sent off for urinating

Salford Citygoalkeeper Max Crocombe was sent off for urinating during his side's 2-1 win at Bradford Park Avenue.

The 24-year-old New Zealander was shown red in the 87th minute of the National League North game.

"He was told by the steward twice not to do it and he went ahead and had a pee," said Park Avenue secretary Colin Barker.

A spectator made a formal complaint and the incident was reported to the police.

Barker added: "He went to the side of the stand as I understand it. I didn't actually see it, but the referee definitely sent him off for it because he was alerted to it by his linesman."

During the game, Park Avenue Tweeter "We can confirm that Crocombe has been sent off for urinating during the game. We are not joking."

Former Oxford goalkeeper Crocombe joined Salford in May. The club is owned by businessman Peter Lim and five former Manchester United players Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.

Salford reacted to the dismissal by tweeting: "Red Card! Crocombe sees red for something off the ball. No one has a clue what has happened."

Earlier this month Giovanni Liberti was banned for five games for urinating at away fans in a Serie D game.

roversfan2001

Established Member
The quality of referees in this division is seriously poor. Elliott Bennett gets completely wiped out by a Wigan player and gets a second yellow for simulation.

96tommy

York 2-3 Tamworth
Only the 2nd York match I've missed this season but what a shambles we are. No defence, no midfield and a poor pre season has cost us. Another rushed managerial appointment? Gray so far = P4 W1 D1 L2. Early days but as we always do he was announced less than 24 hours after the previous manager being sacked.

I was at Peterborough ticking off one of the 92 where they beat the then until today unbeaten Shrewsbury 1-0 thanks to an absolute worldie, a half volley from 50 yards out.

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 4...Salisbury 5 (Cook 4, Barron 28, Bailey 39, 78; Green 45, 59, Benson 54, 85, Whelan 87) Attendance: 623

My 250th Winchester City game had everything...except the right result. The hosts started on fire with a looping shot into the top corner in the first five minutes before Jamie Barron and Oli Bailey gave City a 3-0 lead five minutes before half time.

Step forward ex-Winchester midfielder Stuart Green.

Stuart Green pulled a goal back for Salisbury on the stroke of half time, changing the complexion completely. Salisbury started the second half on a mission and stunned the home side with a second ten minutes into the second half before Green got his second on the hour mark. Salisbury also saw a goal disallowed for a foul on the keeper before Bailey got his second with twelve minutes to go. Once again, however, Salisbury came back and equalised again before a scuffed cross found its way into the net with three minutes left.

Other Results:

Evo-Stik South West:

AFC Totton 2...Didcot Town 1

Bideford 3...Slimbridge 1

Evesham United 1...Mangotsfield United 1

FA Trophy:

Gosport Borough 1...Bristol Manor Farm 0

K*dlington 1...Slough Town 4

Larkhall Athletic 1...Farnborough 3

Paulton Rovers 2...Cirencester Town 2

Shortwood United 2...Frome Town 0

Swindon Supermarine 0...Hartley Wintney 3

Taunton Town 2...Merthyr Town 1

Thame United 5...Wimborne Town 0

Yate Town 0...Moneyfields 1

League Table (October):
1. Taunton Town 12/29
=======================
2. Bristol Manor Farm 12/25
----------------------------------
3. Salisbury 12/24
4. Didcot Town 13/22
5. Bideford 10/21
6. Evesham United 13/21
----------------------------------
7. Swindon Supermarine 10/20
8. AFC Totton 12/19
9. Winchester City 12/19
10. Slimbridge 13/18
11. Wimborne Town 13/17
12. K*dlington 10/16
13. North Leigh 11/14
14. Paulton Rovers 10/14
15. Cinderford Town 11/13
16. Cirencester Town 12/13
17. Larkhall Athletic 12/12
18. Shortwood United 11/11
19. Yate Town 11/10
20. Barnstaple Town 11/10
21. Mangotsfield United 11/8
-----------------------------------
22. Bishops Cleeve 12/4

Leading Goalscorers:
1. Dean Stamp (BMF) 11
2. Oli Bailey (WCC) 10
3. Marley Thomas (SLI), Ben Whitehead (CIR), Tobias Holmes (WIM) 8

Last edited:

muddythefish

On Moderation
The quality of referees in this division is seriously poor. Elliott Bennett gets completely wiped out by a Wigan player and gets a second yellow for simulation.

The ref was awful today. I reckon his wife is from Wigan.

Rovers should have won comfortably. Dack missed 2 sitters

roversfan2001

Established Member
The ref was awful today. I reckon his wife is from Wigan.

Rovers should have won comfortably. Dack missed 2 sitters
On balance a draw was a fair result, but if we had 11 men throughout we could well have won. Need to go on a long unbeaten run to catch up now though.

Antman

Established Member

I saw it on the football league show, astonishing decision!

roversfan2001

Established Member
Luckily as his first yellow was his 5th of the season he would miss the game on Tuesday no matter what, otherwise we would appeal the decision.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
This one should please DarloRich given he has a soft spot for Salford....... :lol:

I suppose that he would welcome a distraction such as this to wipe away thoughts of Darlington losing 3-1 away at Blyth Spartans in the National League North yesterday. I am surprised that Harrogate Town are still topping that league.

96tommy

I suppose that he would welcome a distraction such as this to wipe away thoughts of Darlington losing 3-1 away at Blyth Spartans in the National League North yesterday. I am surprised that Harrogate Town are still topping that league.

Harrogate usually have a good start to the season then it tails off towards the second half of the season. Fingers cross for a repeat of that this season

Groningen

Established Member
Than do not let move Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United without a good replacement. It is Everton own fault!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Blyth Spartans 3 v Darlington 1

Darlo led 1-0 at half time and threw away points via self inflicted wounds. We are now down to one centre half and one full back. We have a midfielder who was playing full back playing centre half and a midfield stopper playing full back. We have one centre forward with our leading goal threat out long term.

York 2-3 Tamworth
Only the 2nd York match I've missed this season but what a shambles we are. No defence, no midfield and a poor pre season has cost us. Another rushed managerial appointment? Gray so far = P4 W1 D1 L2. Early days but as we always do he was announced less than 24 hours after the previous manager being sacked.

It wasn't rushed. York, it is alleged, were talking with Gray for some time. I am sure he will turn it around but there Gray will dump players who he doesn't fancy or wont "buy in" very quickly and those that remain will have to change to his style. That will be the challenge: that he can persuade full time pro players to buy into his approach.

Absolute genius! Taking the Pi$$ or what ;)