• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 3...Cirencester Town 0 (Carr 3, Mlambo 21, Hayward pen 90+2; Pook s/o 58)

I still cannot find the words to convey the emotion of yesterday's FA Cup result. All I really need to say is as follows:

Winchester City, FA Cup fourth qualifying round. First time since 1954.

Cletus

Established Member
1954 wow.

Normally look forward to this point, but as a Dover Athletic fan whoever we get we are likely to lose to. Unless our forthcoming new manager has an immediate impact.

Groningen

Established Member
Benfleet - Concord Rangers: busline 21/22/27. Bus every 7 minutes. Traveltime: 22 minutes. Distance is 5 kilometers.

Groningen

Established Member
There is a huge scandal (possible) going on the main league of Belgium. What the results are is not yet known. Tip of the Iceberg?! Even 2 referees are taken for questening. Matchfixing?!

The_Train

Established Member
There is a huge scandal (possible) going on the main league of Belgium. What the results are is not yet known. Tip of the Iceberg?! Even 2 referees are taken for questening. Matchfixing?!

There seems to be something dodgy going on with PSG of France as well

The_Train

Established Member
After last night's result, am I right in thinking that England have not won a match since the World Cup Quarter Final?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
There seems to be something dodgy going on with PSG of France as well
Wouldn't surprise me if there's a "gentleman's agreement" among EPL referees to favour those sides that generate the most income and penalise those "smaller" teams... unfortunately as my team is making it so easy for them at the moment that this post will seem like sour grapes!

The_Train

Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me if there's a "gentleman's agreement" among EPL referees to favour those sides that generate the most income and penalise those "smaller" teams... unfortunately as my team is making it so easy for them at the moment that this post will seem like sour grapes!

Well isn't there some questions being asked of the FA regarding the potential sale of Wembley at the moment? We are quick to judge the goings on in other countries but I think you're right in the sense that there is undoubtedly things of a similar vain going on under our noses

Trainfan344

Established Member
Spain 2 England 3 England beat Spain! Pickford made some brilliant kicks but also some howling errors.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
South Shields should win that league easily. After All they took the core of the Darlo team which did just that. Scarborough took a couple of others from us ;)

Whatever has happened in the last month to South Shields, with defeats in most of their recent matches?

Last night, they visited Hyde United who normally would have regarded a draw at Ewen Fields as something worthwhile, but I was amazed at the scoreline...

Hyde United 4 ... South Shields 1

SteveP29

Bournemouth have had 6 penalties already in their 8 league games to date, NUFC have had 1 in their last 46 Premier League games.
Have to agree with you, bias towards the southern teams is well and truly a thing these days!

familyguy99

Oldham 0-1 Port Vale

Other defeat for Oldham at Boundary Park which sound like Latics didn't played that well.

In other news in League two, Macclesfield have won for first time in 37 league matches after they beat Carlisle 2-1.

Cletus

Established Member
FA Cup 4th QR
Concord Rangers 0-1 Dover Athletic

Into the 1st round proper we go. Slightly lucky, but hey ho :D

LuSiVe

Chesterfield won a game of football for the first time in living memory

Unfortunately assuming we'd be out I'd already arranged a trip away on FA Cup first round weekend.... Here's hoping we manage to draw someone near Brighton....

tommy2215

Chesterfield won a game of football for the first time in living memory

Unfortunately assuming we'd be out I'd already arranged a trip away on FA Cup first round weekend.... Here's hoping we manage to draw someone near Brighton....
Indeed, I was beginning to think we'd go the rest of the season without a win.

For obvious reasons I'm hoping we get Alfreton Town in the next round!

Established Member
Huddersfield 0-1 Liverpool.

Mo Salah's goal was enough for us to win, although it was frustrating to see chances to score being wasted yet again.

I thought Huddersfield played well, and had they equalised it would have been deserved.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Huddersfield 0-1 Liverpool.

Mo Salah's goal was enough for us to win, although it was frustrating to see chances to score being wasted yet again.

I thought Huddersfield played well, and had they equalised it would have been deserved.
We were far more wasteful with our chances than you, definitely in the first half.

We've played pretty well in spells in every game this season apart from Citeh, we just can't seem to score goals. We need to start doing so if we want any chance of defying the odds for three seasons in a row.

I must admit I was unaware of the rule that if a player knees the ball onto his own hand, it can't be handball. Thanks to Murphy and Shearer for informing me of this previously secret rule.
The sooner we have VAR like pretty much every other top league in Europe, the better.

Established Member
We were far more wasteful with our chances than you, definitely in the first half.

We've played pretty well in spells in every game this season apart from Citeh, we just can't seem to score goals. We need to start doing so if we want any chance of defying the odds for three seasons in a row.

I must admit I was unaware of the rule that if a player knees the ball onto his own hand, it can't be handball. Thanks to Murphy and Shearer for informing me of this previously secret rule.
The sooner we have VAR like pretty much every other top league in Europe, the better.

I don't mind missing chances if they're actually on target, but recently there's been quite a few poor misses from us which we should be scoring.

I thought that was a penalty to be honest, Huddersfield were unlucky not to be given it.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I don't mind missing chances if they're actually on target, but recently there's been quite a few poor misses from us which we should be scoring.

I thought that was a penalty to be honest, Huddersfield were unlucky not to be given it.
I wish the BBC would encourage Alan Hansen to come out of retirement... even with his Liverpool connections he wouldn't display the blatant bias that Danny Murphy did last night. I can't be bothered to trawl through the archives, but I'd put a pint on him having contradicted himself on the penalty shout at some point in the past. The offside was also a bit dodgy, as Pritchards feet were pretty much level and nobody seemed to know for sure whether the last contact on the header forward was from the Liverpool or Town player.

VAR would quickly either confirm or deny the claims of bias (implicit or deliberate) towards the bigger teams. So why don't we have it? It can't be a money issue as the Bundesliga has it and isn't as rich.