• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
They do have a proud sporting history, and I really hope that Reds come back into the Football League soon and give Carlisle United a run for their money.

At least it would give fans the chance to have a loco hauled set as a sort of football-ex

scott118

Dele Alli has not helped the Spurs case as he has been given a three-match ban for violent conduct in the match against West Bromwich Albion.

That ban will match exactly the number of matches still to be played this season.

One player doesn't make a team - just ask JV, following his absence, last weekend.. fingers crossed for Sunday..

scott118

We are not discussing Leicester City, but Tottenham Hotspur.

apologises, i was thinking that this was a football thread. I was perhaps making the mistake that without DA, Spurs would be chasing a lost cause, a bit like Leicester are, without Vardy....If only CB had stayed at AV, eh...again, not one player makes a team, otherwise Man U, would have been so poor without WR. Oh, hang on a minute...:lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes sorry left back! He appeared to be at the other end of the pitch for flips sake.

:lol: spurred on by recent events, I'm sure they will win through in the end, in front of their home fans..dare to tempt fate?

Last edited:

RichmondCommu

Established Member
:lol: spurred on by recent events, I'm sure they will win through in the end, in front of their home fans..dare to tempt fate?

Although I'm a Derby season ticket holder I would love to see Liverpool get through to the final and win it but I'm not so sure that Villa Real will be as profligate as Dortmund were. Villa Real appear to be more tactically astute but fingers crossed.

scott118

what the chuff, is going on at Vicarage Road? Is O'Neill about...

hang on - I think he may of left early...:lol:

Last edited:

familyguy99

Millwall 3-0 Oldham

Millwall outplayed us and it mean Millwall will be in play offs come end of season.

Up and down across division.

• Championship - Middlesbrough draw last night mean if Burnley beat QPR on Monday they are promoted back to Premiership, this due to Brighton and Middlesbrough both meet each other on final day.
  • League One - Wigan are up after they beat Blackpool 4-0.
  • Burton won and will be promotion on Monday if Walsall fail to beat Fleetwood.
  • Blackpool and Doncaster both be relegated on Monday if Fleetwood beat Walsall. (Doncaster are all but down due to Fleetwood better goal different)
  • League Two - Accrington, Oxford and Bristol Rovers all won mean it go down to final day to see who go up to League one.
  • Scottish Premiership - Celtic beat Heart 3-1 and will clinch Scottish title for five times if they beat or draw against Aberdeen next Sunday.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Only one game in these play offs so Workington play Salford in the play off final. Workington are the form team having dived into the playoffs on the last day of the season. My money is on Salford in the final, especially as they have home advantage, but i hope Workington turn them over.

Evo-Stik Premier League...Play-off final

Salford City 3.....Workington Town 2

DasLunatic

Braintree 3 - Altrincham 0

Braintree look set to enter the Football League for the first time as they condemn Altrincham to relegation to the National League North.

A duet of goals scored by Michael Cheek all but sealed victory for Braintree by half-time, and was confirmed by Mitch Brundle midway through the second half.

Colchester v Braintree anyone?

Last edited:

Gutfright

• Scottish Premiership - Celtic beat Heart 3-1 and will clinch Scottish title for five times if they beat or draw against Aberdeen next Sunday.

To put this in context though, even if Celtic lost all of their remaining fixtures 5-0, and second-placed Aberdeen won all of their remaining fixtures 5-0, Celtic would still win the league, such is the gap in goal difference!

Amberley54

Braintree 3 - Altrincham 0

Braintree look set to enter the Football League for the first time as they condemn Altrincham to relegation to the National League.

A duet of goals scored by Michael Cheek all but sealed victory for Braintree by half-time, and was confirmed by Mitch Brundle midway through the second half.

Colchester v Braintree anyone?

Good to see Altyscum relegated back to where they belong! :):D:)

Lankyline

Millwall 3-0 Oldham

Millwall outplayed us and it mean Millwall will be in play offs come end of season.

• Blackpool and Doncaster both be relegated on Monday if Fleetwood beat Walsall. (Doncaster are all but down due to Fleetwood better goal different)

• In fact Fleetwood only need a point to relegate Blackpool providing they don't lose by 16 goals :lol:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Good to see Altyscum relegated back to where they belong! :):D:)

Just a shame AFC Halifax ended up relegated after failing to match Guiseley's result. With only dead-rubbers left (including today's hammering at the hands of Bristol City) it seems our players are already on the beach, so for me it's all eyes on Taunton Town in their play-off final at Banbury on Monday...

scott118

If Leicester win today. Andy King will become the first player to win League 1, the Championship, and the Premier League, all with the same club! Here's hoping!

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
If Leicester win today. Andy King will become the first player to win League 1, the Championship, and the Premier League, all with the same club! Here's hoping!

To win it, yes, but not the first player to go that route... I think that honour goes to Ian Ashbee, formerly of Hull City, who Captained the side through League 1, Championship and Premiership

Antman

Established Member
Millwall 3-0 Oldham

• Championship - Middlesbrough draw last night mean if Burnley beat QPR on Monday they are promoted back to Premiership, this due to Brighton and Middlesbrough both meet each other on final day.
  • League One - Wigan are up after they beat Blackpool 4-0.
  • Burton won and will be promotion on Monday if Walsall fail to beat Fleetwood.
  • League Two - Accrington, Oxford and Bristol Rovers all won mean it go down to final day to see who go up to League one.

Not if Brighton overtake Burnley on goal difference, unlikely I know

Come on Leicester, I think virtually the whole country is behind them today;)