• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 0...AFC Totton 1 (Wilde 16)

Winchester City's last home game of the season ended in defeat after conceding a 50-yard volley. The hosts bombarded the AFC Totton goal but the ball just wouldn't go in, either striking the post, being stopped by the keeper, or being hooked out at the last moment.

Other Results:

Barnstaple Town 0...Tiverton Town 4

Bishops Cleeve 2...Mangotsfield United 2

Didcot Town 1...North Leigh 1

Evesham United 0...Hereford 2

Paulton Rovers 1...Bridgwater Town 0

Salisbury 5...Wimborne Town 2

Slimbridge 1...Shortwood United 2

Swindon Supermarine 5...Wantage Town 0

Taunton Town 0...Bideford 0

Yate Town 2...Larkhall Athletic 2

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
RIP Ugo.
Another Holte Ender in the sky
Atkinson, Taylor and now Ugo in the space of one season

Very sad, for someone so young and apparently healthy. He probably should have gained more England caps, being the lynchpin of a consistently frugal defence. Hopefully your neighbours will respect the minute's silence/applause at your next game.

In other news, the apparent terrorist attack on Borussia Dortmund's team bus was allegedly carried out by a German-Russian known only as Sergej W., in an attempt to make money out of a fall in the club's share price. Idiot.

Further information here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39664212

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Noting what you say, in the Friday match against Norwich City, the Brighton goalkeeper David Stockdale suffered the embarrassment of conceding not just one own goal, but two of them, in the embarrassing 2-0 defeat.

Both of them were from shots by Pritchard, too.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North

Goole AFC 0...Hyde United 0

Typical end of season game for Hyde, away to an already relegated team, but another clean sheet was kept.

The nightmare of three successive relegations is now over, despite a worrying start to this season by Hyde, who finished in a respectable 10th place with 61 points and with the third highest goals for total of 78.

Of the 17 league games that Hyde played in 2017, they won nine, drew six and only lost two (one of which was 5-4 against the top of the league).

Last edited:

familyguy99

Purple Metrolink line derby - Oldham 1-1 Rochdale

Fair draw in this derby match as Rochdale were better team in first half and should been two/three nil up at half time. Latics were slight better team in second half and good goal from our defender Clarke who now scored 7 goals for us this season.

With this draw and Vale lost to Bolton it mean Oldham will be playing third tier football next season.

96tommy

Woking 1-1 York

Not good enough. Lose next week and we're down. Give up on football if Fleetwood get to the Championship.

backontrack

Established Member
So it's come to this.

Forest Green are third. We are going to have to pull everything out of the bag for this one. We have to win.

Woking should have been an easy game for us.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
A 1-0 win for darlo v Telford thanks to a mark beck penalty overshadowed by the pending appeal on ground grading and the bad news from the fans forum - never dull supporting darlo!

SS4

Established Member
Harry's dog has returned to manage Small Heath (Birmingham) into League 1.

Sadly not confirmed despite defeat at Villa Park <D. It does put them two points above the drop and next week we face Blackburn who are immediately below them

The three points are a fitting tribute to Ehiogu and after losing twice on the bounce the morale boost (double for winning a derby and triple for Agbonlahor getting it)

Last edited:

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Dirty Bluenoses

Gabby Agbonlahor's return saw him score the only goal of the game in 68 minutes in the Second City derby.

Rather surprising was 'Arry Rednapp taking charge of the Bluenoses for their final 3 remaining games of the season. Although it does seem a perfect fit, as Rednapp was recently involved in a court case for tax fraud, and the (not sure if they are still there) owners of the Bluenoses Peter Pannu and Carson Yeung were incarcerated in Hong Kong when they got convicted of tax fraud.

I am not necessary implying anything here, but it does seem a very strange coincidence that Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, and West Ham all started to have financial difficulties after 'Arry Rednapp resigned as manager. In fairness though, Tottenham Hotspur were saved from that fate, mainly attributed to Rednapp touting himself for the England manager's position and for which he was overlooked.

Back to Villa matters, although it is not possible to make the playoffs, I don't know whether I should tempt fate and say that I think we have managed to stop the rot that had set in over recent seasons. It was too many draws during the first half of the season, then after New Year there was a run of successive defeats which did not help.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
So if Sunderland and Boro are doomed to relegation from The Premier League who is going to fill the third berth ?

Looks like a it's a straight fight between Hull and Swansea although both won yesterday albeit against sides who looked like they were on the beach. And wasn't Niasse's red card ridiculous? I'm not sure it was even a foul. My money would be on Swansea for the drop, the upturn they had when Paul Clement took over didn't last long.

The upcoming Middlesbrough v Sunderland game looks like being a bit irrelevant, whatever the outcome both are surely doomed?

As for Ramirez's ridiculous dive yesterday................!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SS4

Established Member
Back to Villa matters, although it is not possible to make the playoffs, I don't know whether I should tempt fate and say that I think we have managed to stop the rot that had set in over recent seasons. It was too many draws during the first half of the season, then after New Year there was a run of successive defeats which did not help.

I'm still a bit concerned about relying on Kodija to score our goals going into next season especially if we lose him over the summer.

Drogba11CFC

Hereford 4...Winchester City 0
Mills 9 (p), Edge 29, Oates 61, Williams 84

Winchester City's season finished in a heavy defeat in front of 4,125 people in a party mood at Edgar Street. The hosts went ahead after winning a soft penalty after one of their players went down while pulling a City defender's shirt. City rallied and Howard Neighbour hit the underside of the bar from six yards before Jamie Edge doubled Hereford's lead by rolling the ball in. Jimmy Oates made it three on the hour mark from a corner before Bradley Williams completed the rout with six minutes left from a header.

Other results:

AFC Totton 2...Evesham United 4

Bideford 0...Salisbury 1

Bridgwater Town 1...Yate Town 2

Larkhall Athletic 3...Swindon Supermarine 1

Mangotsfield United 2...Didcot Town 3

North Leigh 1...Taunton Town 0

Shortwood United 1...Barnstaple Town 0

Tiverton Town 3...Paulton Rovers 1

Wantage Town 0...Bishops Cleeve 2

Wimborne Town 3...Slimbridge 1

Final League Table:
C. Hereford 107pts
-------------------------------------
2. Salisbury 89pts
3. Tiverton Town 88pts
4. Taunton Town 85pts
5. Evesham United 80pts
6. North Leigh 75pts
7. Swindon Supermarine 72pts
8. Mangotsfield United 70pts
9. Shortwood United 62pts
10. Bideford 57pts
11. Wimborne Town 57pts
12. Didcot Town 54pts
13. Larkhall Athletic 53pts
14. Winchester City 53pts
15. Paulton Rovers 51pts
16. Bishops Cleeve 50pts
17. Barnstaple Town 45pts
18. Yate Town 44pts
19. AFC Totton 39pts
20. Slimbridge 37pts
R. Wantage Town 21pts
R. Bridgwater Town 10pts

Playoffs:
Salisbury vs Evesham United
Tiverton Town vs Taunton Town

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Yesterday's game against Fulham wasn't one to fill me with confidence going into the play-offs, and Beeston losing at Burton Albion was only a slight comfort. If we face Fulham again in the play-offs we'll really struggle, with the aggregate score between us in regular league games being 1-9 in their favour.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
My Mighty Reds have returned to form.

All teams have off-days in home matches. Crystal Palace have been clawing their way up the league and are now in 12th position. They won 2-1 away
at Chelsea very recently.

However, with only four Liverpool league matches left to play, I am sure that you will be looking out for the results of other teams who could finish in the top four where a place in next season's Champions League is at stake.

Last edited:

Lankyline

Tonight could be interesting, we go into the match with Newcastle, with no first choice centre half, injured, any right backs at all, injured or suspended ! one of our best midfielder players suspended.
On the positive side, we got pace up front and in McGeedy probably the best winger in the championship and Newcastle might get twitchy. Right now i'll take a draw !

96tommy

We deserve to be back. Not many teams return at the first time of asking and Rafa has done a brilliant job. Recruitment was spot on in the summer. Don't forget the other teams around us have had a few years to build up a squad capable of fighting promotion. And look at the likes of Villa, spent more than any other team and struggling to reach the top half of the table.

96tommy

I really hope a Yorkshire team wins in the play-offs, not Reading or Fulham.

I can't see anyone beating Fulham. Huddersfield and Leeds have bottled it lately. Wednesday probably Yorkshire''s best chance. Reading tend not to be good against teams around them

Geezertronic

Established Member
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Dirty Bluenoses

Gabby Agbonlahor's return saw him score the only goal of the game in 68 minutes in the Second City derby.

Had to be Gobby Gabby didn't it - he'll be no good next season if we get relegated as he's only good for the two games a season against us :)

I presume Villa will do their best to lose the next game against Blackburn to avoid doing Blues a favour? :D