• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Well, I guess that was a reality-check...

First goal was ridiculously spawny, but West Ham could've been out of sight by half time if they were any good... Came into it more in the second half but never really had that cutting edge, once they got the lucky first goal it was pretty much game-over. Certainly felt the referee was either a homer or a "favour the established sides"-er but as we lost that can't look like anything other than sour grapes.

But I'd have taken 7 from 4 before the season, so can't moan too much.

I watched the game and was disappointed in that you never really showed any attacking intent until you went a goal behind. I like the look of the German centre back that you signed from 1860.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I watched the game and was disappointed in that you never really showed any attacking intent until you went a goal behind. I like the look of the German centre back that you signed from 1860.

Chris Schindler is a footballing Deity round these parts after scoring the decisive penalty at Wembley... and he's really stepped up so far this season. Unlike the rest of the back four yesterday he didn't freeze. Löwe was exposed for the first time, we looked stronger down the left once Scott Malone replaced him.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
A good 3-0 win for Darlo last night v FC United of Manchester. We even had a penalty saved. 3 sendings off also added to a fun night!

A good fillup ahead of a tough FA cup clash with South Shields on Saturday

Minilad

Established Member
Just been to The Austria Vienna v AC Milan game. Milan ran out easy 5-1 winners. 3-0 up after 20 mins.
Milan were good but Vienna were worse than The Villa

roversfan2001

Established Member
Chris Schindler is a footballing Deity round these parts after scoring the decisive penalty at Wembley... and he's really stepped up so far this season. Unlike the rest of the back four yesterday he didn't freeze. Löwe was exposed for the first time, we looked stronger down the left once Scott Malone replaced him.

Schindler is now in my fantasy team in addition to Lowe... :lol: If you could keep as many clean sheets as possible that'd be great :D

--

We've won 4 league games in a row for the first time since autumn 2007, with a not insignificant chance that it'll be 5 in a row (not done since 2000) seen as we play AFC Wimbledon on Saturday. Our toughest test so far will be away at Shrewsbury next weekend.

96tommy

Milan were good but Vienna were worse than The Villa

Is that possible? :D My bestmate is a Villa supporter so been to see them around 10 times over last 2 years. Yet to see them win!

Any Mancunians on here? Heading to Salford City and wondered what the walk from Crumpsall Tram Stop is like? Google Maps suggest 30 minutes but is it hilly?

familyguy99

Oldham 1-2 Shrewsbury

Oldham lost to top of table Shrewsbury but sound of thing Oldham should really pick up point specially if they took chances when they came.

Amazing record for Shrewsbury who people probably predicted them to get relegated this season. Shrewsbury have played 8 league match and won seven of them :o Shrewsbury could be dark horse for promotion in League one this season knowing it still early day's.

Darandio

Established Member
Now 'Arry has left Birmingham.....

Birmingham City have parted company with manager Harry Redknapp after suffering six straight defeats in all competitions.

The 70-year-old took charge of the club with three games remaining last term, winning the final two games to avoid relegation on the final day.

The former Tottenham and Portsmouth boss then signed a one-year deal to stay on as Blues boss in May.

The Championship club signed 14 players during the summer transfer window.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41296238

SS4

Established Member
You can't polish a turd as events in Small Heath have proven.

I'm still expecting us to **** this game up against the wall

Minilad

Established Member
I would like to make a mature, considered, unbiased opinion on Redknapp's sacking from small heath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

The bloke is an utter charlatan. Many people saw this coming a mile off. Sign a nice contract in the summer. Pay way over the odds for players on big contracts, and probably a few brown paper bags involved. Leave with a nice fat pay off.
Why any club employs this fraud is beyond me.
My only disappointment is he didn't stay longer and drop them even further into the mire.
One thing is certain. However bad we are that circus act always manage to upstage us

96tommy

Salford 1-2 York City

My last York gamefor a few months and what a result in the FA Cup against bug spenders Salford. Big Jon Parkin getting career goals 200 and 201

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I would like to make a mature, considered, unbiased opinion on Redknapp's sacking from small heath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

The bloke is an utter charlatan. Many people saw this coming a mile off. Sign a nice contract in the summer. Pay way over the odds for players on big contracts, and probably a few brown paper bags involved. Leave with a nice fat pay off.
Why any club employs this fraud is beyond me.
My only disappointment is he didn't stay longer and drop them even further into the mire.
One thing is certain. However bad we are that circus act always manage to upstage us

I certainly dread the day that Herr Wagner leaves us, though knowing it will likely be for a very big job when that day comes. Hope we don't fall back into the usual procession of journeymen and charlatans! Meanwhile...

Huddersfield Town 1 - 1 Leicester City
A certain yellow flag-carrying official will not be getting many drinks bought in Huddersfield... Though MOTD is about to start, so perhaps he'll be exonerated. Laurent Depoitre though, he's the Belgian Duncan Ferguson!

roversfan2001

Established Member
1-0 loss to AFC Wimbledon yesterday, no thanks to Mr Trevor Kettle (the referee). The man is a fraud, bad decision after bad decision, if it's not dodgy against us it's dodgy against them. 2 stonewall penalties for handball not given. Seen a video of him blowing for half time just as Accrington scored the other year, funnily enough also against AFC Wimbledon. Was born not too far from Wimbledon too. Seriously needs looking at.

96tommy

1-0 loss to AFC Wimbledon yesterday, no thanks to Mr Trevor Kettle (the referee). The man is a fraud, bad decision after bad decision, if it's not dodgy against us it's dodgy against them. 2 stonewall penalties for handball not given. Seen a video of him blowing for half time just as Accrington scored the other year, funnily enough also against AFC Wimbledon. Was born not too far from Wimbledon too. Seriously needs looking at.

One we had refereeing us in the leaguest a lot. Thought he was the worst until I went to Newcastle v Burton in April and saw Keith Stroud give a Newcastle penalty which was scored and instead of a retake gave a free kick to Burton. Never seen such am angry crowd

Antman

Established Member
One we had refereeing us in the leaguest a lot. Thought he was the worst until I went to Newcastle v Burton in April and saw Keith Stroud give a Newcastle penalty which was scored and instead of a retake gave a free kick to Burton. Never seen such am angry crowd

No excuse for the error but at least he noticed the encroachment, many referees don't.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlo 0 v South Shields 3.

Worst performance for years. Hammered by a club ( albeit a rich one) from 2 divisions below in the FA Cup. Keeper kept the score respectable. Natives restless. Manager under fire. Players rightly booed off. Serious questions to be answered. Players locked in dressing room for a long time.

Tight-lipped, ashen-faced supremo Gray was very direct in his press conference laying into is own players and saying 9 of them didn't turn up and some had played their last game for the club.

1 win in 8. Haven't a pot to piddle in, insufficient seats for promotion, staring down the barrel of a relegation scrap. We are in trouble...................

( interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3l-QzlBf9s )

Last edited:

Lankyline

Simple really, you want your manager sacked then play Preston, we got rid of 5 opposition managers so far, next up Simon Grayson! :)

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member

Worst performance for years. Hammered by a club ( albeit a rich one) from 2 divisions below in the FA Cup. Keeper kept the score respectable. Natives restless. Manager under fire. Players rightly booed off. Serious questions to be answered. Players locked in dressing room for a long time.

Tight-lipped, ashen-faced supremo Gray was very direct in his press conference laying into is own players and saying 9 of them didn't turn up and some had played their last game for the club.

1 win in 8. Haven't a pot to piddle in, insufficient seats for promotion, staring down the barrel of a relegation scrap. We are in trouble...................

I was keeping an eye on your match while just a few miles up the road watching Shildon nick a win against Alty in a pretty humiliating performance, even if the score was only 1-0. Showed all the energy of a dead duck, more corner's smashed into the side netting than I can count, and a seriously infuriating penalty decision - the ref played advantage, our keeper parried the shot that they made, then the ref gave the penalty. Would have been perfectly fair if it had been given first time, but it seemed like the only outcome he wanted out of it was a goal.

What makes this all the more embarrassing is that we played them five years ago at the same stage of the cup, and came away with a pretty emphatic win.

96tommy

To the disappointment of our fans, we've managed to get them away in the next round.

96tommy

very tough game for you. They are a very good side.

Saw them a few times last season and at Wembley before the York FA Trophy final. Unbeaten in about 46/47 out of 50 or something stupid. Glad it's away not home, more of a chance for a win for us

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
League Cup 3rd round tonight, and Huddersfield Town are out after dominating possession against Crystal Palace but going behind after a bit of a goalkeeping error from Joel Coleman. An inability to create or convert clear-cut chances cost us again but as the saying goes, we can concentrate on the league now!

Elsewhere, our friendly neighbours conspire to give our next opponents Burnley an extended work out, with penalties looking almost definite...

Thanks guys! ;)

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 6 (SIX)...East Cowes Victoria 2 (Cox 2, 21, 52, 90+2, Shepherd og 45, Bailey 54; Burton 24, 68)

Winchester City began their Hampshire Senior Cup campaign comfortably, with four goals from Patrick Cox and a dominant display that could have seen double figures, although the visitors did get a couple back due to sloppy defending.

Other Results:

Tuesday:

Evo-Stik South West:

Salisbury 8 (EIGHT)...Cirencester Town 2

Hampshire Senior Cup:

Basingstoke Town 5...Gosport Borough 0

Blackfield & Langley 8 (EIGHT)...Folland Sports 0

Eastleigh 2...Aldershot Town 1

Fleet Spurs 1...Havant & Waterlooville 9 (NINE)

Fleet Town 2...Farnborough 2 (Farnborough won 6-5 on penalties)

Hartley Wintney 6 (SIX)...Brockenhurst 0

Horndean 1...Bournemouth 3

Moneyfields 3...Sholing 0

New Milton Town 0...AFC Portchester 2

Romsey Town 2...AFC Totton 2 (Romsey Town won 6-5 on penalties)

Tadley Calleva 4...Bashley 2

Wednesday:

FA Cup:

Bodmin Town 1...Bideford 1

Hampshire Senior Cup:

Alresford Town 3...Eversleigh & California 3 (Alresford win 5-4 on penalties)

Cove 1...Hamble Club 7 (SEVEN)

Fareham Town 3...Christchurch 4

Last edited:

96tommy

Busy day for me tomorrow, my 21st, going to Harrogate v York then moving to London ready for Uni!

York playing on a 3G pitch is something I'm not looking forward to and it's been reported that due to the surface players like Parkin and Rankine may be limited in numbers. Tomorrow is a must win game, if you had asked any York fan we would be playing Harrogate in the league a few years ago they would have rolled over laughing. The match is a sell-out, the first time I rememebr a Harrogate match being so.

familyguy99

Rotherham 5-1 Oldham

Seven defeat in nine league match for Oldham, conceding two goals every league game so far this season, I feel Sheridan is about to loses he job which is shame given amazing job he done with Oldham in second half of last two season.

High Dyke

Established Member
Boston 1-1 Darlo.

We were poor. They were poor. It was a poor game.
So I heard from BBC Radio Bostonshire... Oddly enough the Pilgrims were about the only Lincolnshire side that did any good. Lincoln City going down 4-1 at Notts County. My team, Grantham Town losing 1-0 at Altrincham and Gainsborough losing to Salford City.

96tommy

Harrogate 2-0 York

3 years ago we reached the League 2 playoffs. Today we lost to Harrogate away in the Conference North. We may have lost 6-1 at Guiseley and Gateshead last season but this is about as embarrassing result of the club's history. Something has to change