• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

dangie

Established Member
The job Xabi Alonso has done at Leverkusen is remarkable, when he took over they were near the relegation zone, now leading with one of the best starts in years. It is no wonder he is being linked with big jobs like Real Madrid.
I’m sure he’d be better off at Stoke…!! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

75A

Established Member
Fans not allowed until February.
Blimey, that'll lose them some money.

Talk about losing money, Man Utd are about to be knocked out of all European football this season, they're 1-0 down to Bayern Munich (not Harry Kane) which means they will finish bottom so wont even go down to the Europa League.

Last edited:

Harvester

Established Member
Sunderland beat Leeds 1-0 to make it two from two, for temporary manager Mike Dodds. Attendance was 40,500.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Interesting to see that when Bayern Munich get thumped, their and Harry Kane's name aren't up in lights all over the BBC website.
On Saturday they lost 5-1 away to Eintracht Frankfort and Harry didn't score, although he played for 90 minutes.
They're only second in the league, with Bayer 04 Leverkusen clear by 4 points with Bayern Munich having a game in hand.
I’m glad someone else notices this.

SteveM70

Established Member
Sunderland beat Leeds 1-0 to make it two from two, for temporary manager Mike Dodds. Attendance was 40,500.

Funny game that. Bellingham was invisible till he scored and then it’s all about him and his brother.

Dan Neil is becoming a *very* good footballer, and Trai Hume is the bargain of the century at 60 grand and a set of tracksuits or whatever it was

JD2168

Legia Warsaw have been fined £86,100 & have had their fans banned from their next 5 UEFA sanctioned games as punishment for the incidents outside Villa Park ahead of the recent Europa Conference League match.

Legia have also been told to contact Aston Villa within 30 days to discuss how much they will pay for the damage caused by fans.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Legia Warsaw have been fined £86,100 & have had their fans banned from their next 5 UEFA sanctioned games as punishment for the incidents outside Villa Park ahead of the recent Europa Conference League match.

Legia have also been told to contact Aston Villa within 30 days to discuss how much they will pay for the damage caused by fans.

That seems like a fairly reasonable outcome actually.

75A

Established Member
Newcastle have joined Man Utd in being completely out of European Competitions this season after losing 2-1 @ home to A.C.Milan, so only Arsenal & Manchester City make it through to the knock out stages next year.

THC

Celtic 2-1 Feyenoord. A first home Champions League group win for a decade, and not before time! And joining illustrious company in Man Yoo and Newcastle by departing the European stage before Christmas. Ah well, we can concentrate on the league now. :E

THC

Iskra

Established Member
I did have a bit of a bad feeling going into this one. Sunderland played very well, probably the toughest side we've played for a while this season. Very organised and kept a good shape, with Leeds struggling to break them down beyond the first ten minutes. Obviously, Jack Clarke had the game of his life... ...I did feel the goal was perhaps a little lucky however, but I can't argue that the result wasn't deserved.

Harvester

Established Member
West Ham, Liverpool, Brighton and Rangers have topped their Europa League groups so go into the last 16, avoiding a playoff with a third placed Champions League side.

dangie

Established Member
Stoke City’s search for new manager. Bold is mine.

‘The recruitment process is now underway and we will explore all avenues to secure the best person for the job,” said technical director Ricky Martin. “The role represents a fantastic opportunity and I anticipate that it will attract several high-calibre candidates.’

Considering whoever gets it will be the club’s tenth manager is six years, Stoke’s recruitment process requires quite a bit of refining.

75A

Established Member
A few observations after Spurs 2-0 win @ Nottingham Forest tonight.
I thought the VAR was spot on (not often you'll hear me praising it), Tottenham's Yves Bissouma was seen to commit a potential career ending tackle on a Forest player and the VAR team got the Ref to review it on the pitchside screen and The Spurs number 8 got a thoroughly deserved red card.
A game of 2 goalies, Matt Turner Forrest's American keeper gave the visitors their 3 points with both goals being down to him. Spurs Guglielmo Vicario's made a fantastic reaction save to show the difference in quality.

Harvester

Established Member
A few observations after Spurs 2-0 win @ Nottingham Forest tonight.
I thought the VAR was spot on (not often you'll hear me praising it), Tottenham's Yves Bissouma was seen to commit a potential career ending tackle on a Forest player and the VAR team got the Ref to review it on the pitchside screen and The Spurs number 8 got a thoroughly deserved red card.
A game of 2 goalies, Matt Turner Forrest's American keeper gave the visitors their 3 points with both goals being down to him. Spurs Guglielmo Vicario's made a fantastic reaction save to show the difference in quality.
Just wondering how much longer Steve Cooper will keep his job? There doesn’t seem much pressure from the Forest fans for him to go, but reports of the owner’s dissatisfaction with recent results are rife!

Class15

On Moderation
Just wondering how much longer Steve Cooper will keep his job? There doesn’t seem much pressure from the Forest fans for him to go, but reports of the owner’s dissatisfaction with recent results are rife!
What do the owners expect Cooper to be achieving? He kept them up last season and looks like doing it again this time round.

SteveM70

Established Member
Gateshead 0-2 Halifax

Gateshead on a windy day is always a nightmare but Halifax dealt with it on a pudding of a pitch, and scored two really good goals and deserved the win.

Gateshead’s captain was Ed Francis, who captained the Man City youth team that contained Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho, Lucas Nmecha, Aro Muric etc etc. He looked a really good player whenever we saw them play, surprised to see him down at this level

1D54

Celtic 2-1 Feyenoord. A first home Champions League group win for a decade, and not before time! And joining illustrious company in Man Yoo and Newcastle by departing the European stage before Christmas. Ah well, we can concentrate on the league now. :E

THC
I've no doubt the title will end up back at the Girodome but Rhats fighting amongst themselves demanding the removal of the manager and board of directors after the defeat by Hearts is giving me a rather nice feeling this Saturday night. Brendan Rodgers.. Yeah right

JD2168

The Bournemouth vs Luton match today was abandoned in the second half after Luton Captain Tom Lockyer collapsed on the pitch. The medical staff were able to help him & he is now is responsive & stable. The player suffered a cardiac arrest.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Gateshead 0-2 Halifax

Gateshead on a windy day is always a nightmare but Halifax dealt with it on a pudding of a pitch, and scored two really good goals and deserved the win.

Gateshead’s captain was Ed Francis, who captained the Man City youth team that contained Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho, Lucas Nmecha, Aro Muric etc etc. He looked a really good player whenever we saw them play, surprised to see him down at this level
Good bounce back for the Fax after their performance in the Trophy. Revenge was served well by Alty, it was just a shame only 650 Fax fans were there to cheer on their holders of the trophy