The new rules in respect of signatures are:
- Signature limits are:
- Up to two lines of size 2 text; maximum 150 characters (including spaces)
- Use of bold and colours must be reasonable and not excessive
- A non-animated image is allowed
- Overall maximum height 40 pixels; width 500 pixels (inclusive of image, text and blank lines)
Sure we'll hear its all about the Almighty Server Soave. And how they want us to be economical.
I thought "cuneiform" had an e in it...
Is my sig small enough? I've no idea what 40 pixels long looks like....
My sig may be all different kinds of illegal but like mbonwick I have no idea what 40 pixels looks like, if some one would be kind enough to advise so that I can remain within the rules then I would be grateful
Not really. The image only needs to be downloaded once, after that it's already in your cache.Apologies, have removed my sig. I'm used to other forums with much less restrictions (not using that as an excuse of course!).
As for why the restrictions:
- The same signature over and over on the same page increases page load unnecessarily. No new content is added when two posts on the same page have the same signature, and yet it still has to be loaded!
Has anyone actually found that a problem? Because I haven't.- Signatures can visually distract people from what's important, the posts!
Your picture is 100 pixels high. You can right click on an image and view it's details to get it's size. In Firefox if you "View Image" it tells you in the window title.
The image below is 500x40 pixels: