• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free at ticket office but £10 + £2 postage because I bought from EMT onine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
You know there are some sites out there that will allow you to change/refund your tickets free of charge. Its just a question of booking on the right site and adhering to their conditions. Don't be put off buying online though.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've relatively often used an outward portion over two days, and although I always expect it to be questioned, it hardly ever is. This has tended to be on longish journeys, from the N of Scotland to London, but not ones which would be impossible to complete within a calendar day.
My interpretation of 'not able to complete' has always been that it applies to a journey starting at the time that I choose. Therefore if I choose to start out from Inverness at 7pm on my way to London, it seems reasonable to expect that I can overnight in Glasgow and continue the next morning, as it would not be possible for me to get to London that night. And there could be perfectly reasonable grounds for wanting to start at 7pm, or not being able to start before then.

Yes, I would agree with this - this is the kind of journey and use-case for which it makes sense.

RJ

Established Member
Thanks everyone. As always you lot are very helpful and very informative. I didn't realise this would be such a hornets nest.

It isn't really, there's just a longstanding tradition of threads going off on a wild tangent with excessive technical debates, when a couple of lines of advice would suffice for the original poster in cases like this!

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I've relatively often used an outward portion over two days, and although I always expect it to be questioned, it hardly ever is. This has tended to be on longish journeys, from the N of Scotland to London, but not ones which would be impossible to complete within a calendar day.
My interpretation of 'not able to complete' has always been that it applies to a journey starting at the time that I choose. Therefore if I choose to start out from Inverness at 7pm on my way to London, it seems reasonable to expect that I can overnight in Glasgow and continue the next morning, as it would not be possible for me to get to London that night. And there could be perfectly reasonable grounds for wanting to start at 7pm, or not being able to start before then.

That is what the sleepers are for :lol: Seriously though, you have the correct interpretation of the rules. It doesn't have to be that long a journey either, but if you can't leave till late and need to break, then you need to break. You don't even have to get as far as possible, you can stop at any point on the journey.

suzanneparis

You know there are some sites out there that will allow you to change/refund your tickets free of charge. Its just a question of booking on the right site and adhering to their conditions. Don't be put off buying online though.
I didn't realise this. Which sites? Many thanks.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Status
Not open for further replies.