• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfc171081

I get the same so that’ll probably be me out. I’ve done the trip before and done it in just under 45 min, I’m comfortable doing that. Funnily enough there’s a train station by where I live and it’s only a 29 min train ride.

Same I live right by my local station but I under can’t always get to work in train. So I’ll wait to see if any more local to me come up

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Owen83

Oh well was worth a try. Just got email saying I live over 60mins away and to keep an eye on website for further depots. I was 52 mins on Google maps in good traffic so knew was pushing my luck
Did you get to the test stage?

MT18

Nothing yet. I already have valid test scores through a scotrail application so hopefully this works for me.

Theoffs

Just got an email to do the 4 x online tests for Crew.. can anybody shed any light on what Priorities: Driving tasks are? Can’t find nothing on them

sneaky_1982

does anyone know if you have to complete the 4 tests in one go or can you do one then go back to them later?

Venna1

Not correct. The instructions state you must finish the test you start in one go, not all four. You can sit one, then go back and sit others at a later time.

Lumbar

Can someone please explain what to expect from the Priorites - Driving Tasks section? and preference questions?

Thanks again
Just go ahead and complete the test like everyone else and come what may, it’s unfair and lazy to expect people in the same process as you to provide you with a competitive edge over themselves when they have already taken the plunge to complete all assessments.

JATHO

I have applied for Crewe and hoping to hear back soon. This is the first role that I have applied for so I’m not entirely sure what the rest of the application process consists of and which tests we complete/when. Could anyone please explain what happens from here (what tests are completed? Are they generally online or in person somewhere? How long does the testing process generally take? And where does the interview and medical fit into things?)

Thank you in advance.

Orange08

I’ve had the email today inviting me to sit the online parts. Does anyone have a definitive answer on if these online tests by the OPC overwrite any previous scores or can affect any current application? I’ve seen a few people asking similar but no real final answer.

I have enhanced passes with another TOC and I’m just awaiting a start date. I don’t want to wait forever for something that might not happen though and as others have said before apply for as many vacancies as you can. On the flip side I’ve come quite a long way with my current application and don’t want to risk screwing that up.

Will fire a couple of emails off tomorrow but just wanted to gauge people’s opinions.

Cheers.

Jonsutt

I’ve had the email today inviting me to sit the online parts. Does anyone have a definitive answer on if these online tests by the OPC overwrite any previous scores or can affect any current application? I’ve seen a few people asking similar but no real final answer.

I have enhanced passes with another TOC and I’m just awaiting a start date. I don’t want to wait forever for something that might not happen though and as others have said before apply for as many vacancies as you can. On the flip side I’ve come quite a long way with my current application and don’t want to risk screwing that up.

Will fire a couple of emails off tomorrow but just wanted to gauge people’s opinions.

Cheers.
The tests which overwrite are from OPC are the online tests of Visual Search Exercise and M7 Situational Judgement Test onwards. If you retake these and pass then your assessment day test passes may be enhanced enough for FL and not have to resit these and straight to DMI.

Also regardless of your previous pass mark for the online tests-
Visual Search Exercise and M7 Situational Judgement Test, you have to retake these every time

Brilufc

The tests which overwrite are from OPC are the online tests of Visual Search Exercise and M7 Situational Judgement Test onwards. If you retake these and pass then your assessment day test passes may be enhanced enough for FL and not have to resit these and straight to DMI.

Also regardless of your previous pass mark for the online tests-
Visual Search Exercise and M7 Situational Judgement Test, you have to retake these every time
Do the vse exercise and sjt online tests for Freightliner count towards one of your 2 attempts at passing the phscometric tests to becomea train driver?

Jonsutt

Do the vse exercise and sjt online tests for Freightliner count towards one of your 2 attempts at passing the phscometric tests to becomea train driver?
Only for this Foc/Toc's which require these for their enhanced mark. This was something I queried withOPC before I withdrew my application with avanti as I had already passed everything thing with freightliner earlier this year

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I wonder when we’ll hear back the results after doing the online tests but also when will the assessments, interviews then medicals be taking place?

Richie1986

Has everybody received the online tests?? The last I heard was confirmation they received my national insurance number etc, I’ve not had the 4 tests.

DM1994

Has everybody received the online tests?? The last I heard was confirmation they received my national insurance number etc, I’ve not had the 4 tests.
I've not heard anything, I got the email for the survey asking for extra details, then another email saying thanks for filling in the details they will get back ASAP etc, then that was it. Can only assume I'm out of their catchment, as others are getting second tests.

Last edited:

Barlos1973

Are the extra tests compatible with a mobile phone or do you need to complete them using a laptop or PC?

States on the email should be done on a laptop. However not sure if this is because they believe it will be easier reading etc or because it is not compatible

Are the extra tests compatible with a mobile phone or do you need to complete them using a laptop or PC?

To quote the email I received :

It is very important that you complete these tests on a PC or Laptop with a mouse. You must not try to complete the tests on a phone or tablet, doing so may negatively impact your performance

silexa

Yet to recieve anything in regards to tests from my Birmingham Application. All i've had is the survey. Hopefully i'll hear something soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.