• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Venna1

All the best to everyone sitting assessments today and this week! Out of interest, has anyone been made to re-sit any assessments that they already have enhanced pass for?

ThePeakNed

All the best to everyone sitting assessments today and this week! Out of interest, has anyone been made to re-sit any assessments that they already have enhanced pass for?
Yes, and I’m in half a mind to not do them.

The way it reads to me is that if you were to fail anything, it both invalidates your existing result for that assessment, and counts as a life.

Whilst I’m waiting for a start date with someone else, I don’t fancy running the risk of doing myself out of two jobs in one go…

Good luck to everyone sitting assessments this week! Just wondering of those who sat the tests in Watford today, could you tell me if you found out before leaving if you had passed/failed, or is it a case of waiting for the OPC to go through them?

Venna1

Yes, and I’m in half a mind to not do them.

The way it reads to me is that if you were to fail anything, it both invalidates your existing result for that assessment, and counts as a life.

Whilst I’m waiting for a start date with someone else, I don’t fancy running the risk of doing myself out of two jobs in one go…

My thinking exactly

Sam1991

Hey everyone, so I recently done my assessment today, I feel I smashed most the exams except I only managed to answer 5 of the DFFT :( some drivers I spoke to say this is fine but I am tad worried. Any thoughts? Just want to put my mind at rest as won’t find out till bout 2 weeks apparently!

I scored 5 cuz I realised I managed to miss out a train and was answering for the wrong questions so had to eraser it and re enter the correct answers, luckily I spotted it but feel I wasted time. The 5 I answered i feel was accurate though

Last edited:

ThePeakNed

You don't have to resit tests you passed to enhanced level.
If that were true, surely I wouldn’t have to be sitting the FL enhanced M7 and SJE…

When I did mine for my current job, I was told it was pass or fail, enhanced or national standard didn’t enter conversation. With that said, my current employer operates off enhanced, so, I’m a bit puzzled.

carlh20

I sat mine yesterday, there were 2 people who had previous results and only had to sit the DFFT, there were others with expired passes who had to sit everything. I think it depends if your previous results match the enhanced standard though.

Regarding results, you don't get any on the day. We were told 1 to 2 weeks until we hear back.

J3053B

I sat mine yesterday, there were 2 people who had previous results and only had to sit the DFFT, there were others with expired passes who had to sit everything. I think it depends if your previous results match the enhanced standard though.

Regarding results, you don't get any on the day. We were told 1 to 2 weeks until we hear back.
I was there yesterday as well, afternoon session. I know they said 1-2 weeks but I’m already checking emails

BobCratchit

To the guys that have done the assessments at Watford did you get practice questions before sitting each test for real, the same as we did for the online assessments we completed?

Last edited:

TonyBrides

I had passed them all to enhanced level. But the TOC I did them with didn’t do the stage 1 DFFT test.

I went and only sat the DFFT was out 30 mins after I arrived.

Once I passed that they accepted all my other psychometrics and I was offered a DMI.

If you already have it the OPC will checked it’s in date and to the right score and give you a pass on the ones you already have.

I was told that should I fail the DFFT it won’t matter and the TOC id applied for don’t require it. So it was a no brainier.

I’m glad I did as EMR decided not to open the Liverpool Lime Street Depot. So I start with FL next month.

I’d have been waiting for a job that wasn’t coming.

Sam1991

How long did it take to get
I had passed them all to enhanced level. But the TOC I did them with didn’t do the stage 1 DFFT test.

Once I passed that they accepted all my other psychometrics and I was offered a DMI.

If you already have it the OPC will checked it’s in date and to the right score and give you a pass on the ones you already have.

I was told that should I fail the DFFT it won’t matter and the TOC id applied for don’t require it. So it was a no brainier.

I’m glad I did as EMR decided not to open the Liverpool Lime Street Depot. So I start with FL next month.

how long did it take to get your results?

Lee1978

Congratulations. I passed all of my assessments to freightliners standards as I haven’t been asked to do any and have just received an email inviting me for an interview. How did you find your DMI?

TonyBrides

Congratulations. I passed all of my assessments to freightliners standards as I haven’t been asked to do any and have just received an email inviting me for an interview. How did you find your DMI?

Mine was with Crew Driver Manager and the Ops manager. Both really nice guys, professional but welcoming.

As long as you know about the company and you have solid scenario to display your competency you should be ok.

Good luck.

Venna1

Thanks for that Tony, appreciate the info!

PK96

Good luck to everyone.

I contacted them and they said I failed. Supposedly! They sent me an email according to them the day after assigning me the test to complete saying I failed I didn't meet the required score.... But I only completed the tests 3/4 days after recieving the test.
No clue as to what they scored me on when I had yet to do the test. Don't understand.

But it's fine. Hopefully more opportunities will come around.

BUT, everyone who is still involved! Best of luck!

Kbendle

To those who have been up this week, was it just the paper based tests or paper and computer based?

knockerhero

Sat mine today. Felt it was a fair process. One guy came from Manchester walked out after 2 minutes of first test saying it wasn't for him. We were based in Watford!!!!

Only worry I have is my employer may get a bit touchy if I start having loads of days off. If I pass Stage 1 how many more stages are there? There were 7 of us there today and all but one was for Crewe. One was already a shunter driver for FL so came to do the other tests. My other fear is that we will go into a talent bank as he has been at a FL course this week where there were groups of new drivers doing an induction for FL. They had already passed all their tests etc

All a bit confusing TBH.

Terry844

Sat mine today. Felt it was a fair process. One guy came from Manchester walked out after 2 minutes of first test saying it wasn't for him. We were based in Watford!!!!

Only worry I have is my employer may get a bit touchy if I start having loads of days off. If I pass Stage 1 how many more stages are there? There were 7 of us there today and all but one was for Crewe. One was already a shunter driver for FL so came to do the other tests. My other fear is that we will go into a talent bank as he has been at a FL course this week where there were groups of new drivers doing an induction for FL. They had already passed all their tests etc

All a bit confusing TBH.
There will only be the part 2 to the tests which are the computer based tests along with an MMI. If successful and if you haven’t done it already you will have a DMI. If you pass the DMI you will be in the talent pool until you get selected for a course and then sent for the medical before you are finally given a contract.

knockerhero

There will only be the part 2 to the tests which are the computer based tests along with an MMI. If successful and if you haven’t done it already you will have a DMI. If you pass the DMI you will be in the talent pool until you get selected for a course and then sent for the medical before you are finally given a contract.
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate that

Status
Not open for further replies.