• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Oli

I applied on Tuesday and completed the questionnaire. I was told I would hear something in 20 days. I've read on here others have already received links to tests. Does that mean I haven't passed the questionnaire?

Thanks all!
Hi,

No, they will email either way to say pass or fail. I am in the same boat and still waiting.

The early applicants probably had a quick turnaround, but they will now be inundated with applications to sift through.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dilksy2396

Hi,

No, they will email either way to say pass or fail. I am in the same boat and still waiting.

The early applicants probably had a quick turnaround, but they will now be inundated with applications to sift through.
Hello,

Ah okay that's a relief, thought I'd already fallen!

Ah okay, I didn't know it had been up that long thought Tuesday was the first day live. Anyway thanks for your quick reply. Good luck and may see you at test day.

NumberTen

I’ve got to take the VSE and M7SJT-anywhere I can get some practice, hints/tips prior to taking them? Never done this before so don’t really know whats involved…are there standard things to expect in these tests?

any pointers much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Magsdynamos

I applied on Tuesday and completed the questionnaire. I was told I would hear something in 20 days. I've read on here others have already received links to tests. Does that mean I haven't passed the questionnaire?

Thanks all!
I’m in same position? Who knows ? Wait n see

TheAnswer89

I’ve got to take the VSE and M7SJT-anywhere I can get some practice, hints/tips prior to taking them? Never done this before so don’t really know whats involved…are there standard things to expect in these tests?

any pointers much appreciated and thanks in advance.

I assume you had passed assesment day to national standard with other toc? VSE and M7 are just extra tests. You can’t really prepare for them. VSE is pretty much enhanced version of beep test and M7 is enhanced version of questionarre.

NumberTen

I assume you had passed assesment day to national standard with other toc? VSE and M7 are just extra tests. You can’t really prepare for them. VSE is pretty much enhanced version of beep test and M7 is enhanced version of questionarre.
Thanks for this. I did a few online tests for GWR last year but wasn’t successful so assumed I hadn’t done well with them. I thought testing was individual to each TOC but with your response I now realise they are standard across the board. I now have an vague idea of the format so thanks for replying- everyday’s a school day on here!

jacey

I received my tests by email about 24 hours after i applied, on a previous freightliner application i made i never got to this point so that's a bonus.

rhys37429

I got invited and completed the VSE and M7SJT tests. No email to say if I've passed or failed yet.

SVDW995

I got invited and completed the VSE and M7SJT tests. No email to say if I've passed or failed yet.
Hope the tests went well for you. Just wondering when you applied? I applied Tuesday night and haven’t heard anything (trying to feel optimistic)!

Wiltshiresam

Applied late last night for Tilbury Depot (32min drive but about 90min by public transport, hopefully they will accept). Last year I passed the tests at OPC Watford for Avanti WC (enhanced standard) but didn’t pass the MMI (was told by OPC that the interviewer wasn’t happy with one of my answers, but wouldn’t say why). Does anyone know, will I have to sit the tests again?
I would say if you get an interview with Freightliner let them know you passed all but MMI. I was the same, failed MMI in 2019 reapplied in 2020 and then just had to redo my MMI.

Frankie4763

I would say if you get an interview with Freightliner let them know you passed all but MMI. I was the same, failed MMI in 2019 reapplied in 2020 and then just had to redo my MMI.
Wiltshiresam, can you please give me an idea of what the rota is like?
Many thanks

Mgv1349

It looks like Freightliner are changing the way they’re doing things this time, my friend has passed the initial computer tests and has now been told it will be a manager interview before the stage 1 and 2.

Eddie77

Managed to get my application in before it disappeared then!

Interested to see how my application goes seeing as I've got all the testing done with another TOC also with OPC. Hopefully won't need to do any further testing
That will all depend on when you did the testing

jacey

GL all!! do you know if everyone gets invited to the online tests as in the VSE AND SJT or is it just if you pass the first questionnaire and questions ?

w.bellis1976

02/11, late in the evening. Hope you hear back soon. Thank you, fingers crossed!
I hope I hear something soon, constantly checking emails, I applied early afternoon but I might have made a few mistakes on the questionnaire. Have you applied for freightliner before?

Terry844

GL all!! do you know if everyone gets invited to the online tests as in the VSE AND SJT or is it just if you pass the first questionnaire and questions ?
Only if you pass the initial application sift and questionnaire

SVDW995

I hope I hear something soon, constantly checking emails, I applied early afternoon but I might have made a few mistakes on the questionnaire. Have you applied for freightliner before?
Hope you hear soon. No, never applied to Freightliner before.

Does anyone know if they ask you to resit all the psychometric assessments or just the one(s) that you haven’t passed? Thank you.

Terry844

Hope you hear soon. No, never applied to Freightliner before.

Does anyone know if they ask you to resit all the psychometric assessments or just the one(s) that you haven’t passed? Thank you.
Not sure but when I was doing my tests back in 2020 people that had passed certain tests was excused them and didn’t take those ones and only sat the tests they didn’t have

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I applied on the 2nd and no email yet other than the '20 day' one

Status
Not open for further replies.