• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfc171081

Just got email Talent pool, Bristol. So does this mean I past the initial questions and when they advertise again will go straight to next stage?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Locornwall

I got a call early in the week to ask if I can go to the DMI next Tuesday. Said I’d need to call the next day after confirming I could get time off work. Did so and confirmed. Was told I’d get an email confirming it but haven’t got one yet. Tried calling them back but no answer. Any advice?

NumberTen

I got a call early in the week to ask if I can go to the DMI next Tuesday. Said I’d need to call the next day after confirming I could get time off work. Did so and confirmed. Was told I’d get an email confirming it but haven’t got one yet. Tried calling them back but no answer. Any advice?
I got a call Wednesday confirming date/time for DMI and haven’t received email confirmation yet either.

BFJ90

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I think it's fair to say that they are definitely prioritising certain depots, possibly they are more in need of recruits, or have DIs free in the New Year to start handling.

I believe this is for 2022 roles anyway, so some depots might no have stat dates until the summer. Certainly feel like Mossend and Crewe fall into this category.

Well done those who've passed so far, good luck to those attending DMIs shortly

NumberTen

When is it? If you’ve received no confirmation how you feeling at the moment?
Bricking it a bit aswell!…it’s week commencing 29th Nov-gotta work on some prep for it next week. Any hints, tips or pointers would be great as I’ve never done one of these before. I’ll search this goldmine of a forum of course but if anyone feels like throwing a bit of advice in then just share or PM me. Cheers

Numbskull100

Bricking it a bit aswell!…it’s week commencing 29th Nov-gotta work on some prep for it next week. Any hints, tips or pointers would be great as I’ve never done one of these before. I’ll search this goldmine of a forum of course but if anyone feels like throwing a bit of advice in then just share or PM me. Cheers
Good luck with it! Loads of videos and advice available, knowing which ones are good is difficult.

Guessing you're London based too?

Eddie77

I think by the sounds of it anyone who has been put in a pool basically means that due to the number of applicants they have just not reviewed the initial application and won’t be doing so this time round. They will contact those people when the next recruitment drive starts

Woodsy93

Got email today saying I got through for a DMI (Tilbury), didn't expect that to be honest lol. Good luck everyone

Marc637

Just received email saying I got through to the DMI aswell, best start preparing now then if anyone is able to give any advice would be much appreciated.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I think by the sounds of it anyone who has been put in a pool basically means that due to the number of applicants they have just not reviewed the initial application and won’t be doing so this time round. They will contact those people when the next recruitment drive starts
Possibly, but there's at least 2 depots where the response has only been talent pool, more likely to be staggering testing and training depending on the needs of each depot currently

Terry844

Just had email to say I’m through to the DMI.
I dreaded the VSE as I remembered it from last time and hoped that I wouldn’t need to do it again!

mad1976cam

They will take the people with best results to the assessment stage and depending on how many get through… they will pull more from pool if needed

TheAnswer89

Does anyone have any info about Bristol depot? What's overall depot like? Rosters? Earliest starts latest finishes etc? How does rota look like?

Dieseldriver

Been doing some research on whether to go HH or IM. Any advice?
HH, less family friendly rostering, slightly higher pay.
IM, more predictable rostering, slightly lower pay.
Both work very unsociable hours but with IM you are able to plan your life a bit better.
Just my own opinion but personally I would choose IM over HH given the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.