• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaw08

Anyone waiting on a DMI for Crewe depot?
Me too! I did the opc assessments in Watford on the 18th March. Would be interested to know how many positions there are available and how many of us have got through to this stage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JamzyB

Me too! I did the opc assessments in Watford on the 18th March. Would be interested to know how many positions there are available and how many of us have got through to this stage.
Well that’s 3 of us…
When I did my assessment, there was 2 other lads for Crewe. Obviously not sure how they did on their MMI though.

Jaw08

Well that’s 3 of us…
When I did my assessment, there was 2 other lads for Crewe. Obviously not sure how they did on their MMI though.
No one else for Crewe when I did mine.
Like you, I’m keen to know when the dmi will be. Fingers crossed we hear soon.

Dousey

Well that’s 3 of us…
There were 2 more for Crewe when I did mine, but don't know how they faired with the MMI.

737egnh

I’m now awaiting a DMI for Crewe too, I passed the assessment in Watford with another gent for Crewe too last week.

TonyBrides

I’m also waiting for a DMI at Crewe. So it looks like quite a few of us. I did my tests on 15th in Watford.

Jaw08

I’m also waiting for a DMI at Crewe. So it looks like quite a few of us. I did my tests on 15th in Watford.
I wonder when the last of the Watford assessments are/were? Mine was Friday the 18th. Presumably they’ll wait until they’ve got all the results in and then arrange dmi dates...

TonyBrides

I wonder when the last of the Watford assessments are/were? Mine was Friday the 18th. Presumably they’ll wait until they’ve got all the results in and then arrange dmi dates...
I’m only surmising here but… given that some people are saying that have got a date to start in May. The classroom part of the training takes 11 weeks. I wonder if the next intake will be August.

Might be a few weeks before they do anymore DMIs.

4F89

I’m only surmising here but… given that some people are saying that have got a date to start in May. The classroom part of the training takes 11 weeks. I wonder if the next intake will be August.

Might be a few weeks before they do anymore DMIs.
There is more than 1 trainer and location within the company

Like I said I’m only surmising. The advert said 4 courses for the 2022 recruitment.

I’m sure we’ll find out in due course.
Supposedly 6 training courses this year, don’t know whether that is all mainline driver courses though.

Duffman76

On Moderation
Hi, just wondering, did HR contact you recently to advise of this?

Cheers
No.
Unfortunately I had to enquire myself as I hadn't heard anything for 4 weeks.. I guess they are too busy with recruiting for every depot, and it's easy to miss informing candidates they don't want.

4F89

No.
Unfortunately I had to enquire myself as I hadn't heard anything for 4 weeks.. I guess they are too busy with recruiting for every depot, and it's easy to miss informing candidates they don't want.
It's not about them wanting or not wanting, it's about having passed all the tests set. Hardly FL's fault if someone fails a test, or only achieves a mediocre score, which makes it much more likely to end up in a pool rather than in a classroom.

Coupling

No.
Sorry to hear that.

Best of luck for the future.

Marc637

No.
What was the last contact you had with them before you got in touch?

Marc637

That would be the usual email route, 4 weeks ago, as mentioned previously.
I've not heard anything for 6 weeks, since receiving an email asking for notice period and a cv. Doesnt sound to promising not hearing anything if you have already been put into a talent pool. You may get put on a course later in the year perhaps?

Duffman76

On Moderation
I've not heard anything for 6 weeks, since receiving an email asking for notice period and a cv. Doesnt sound to promising not hearing anything if you have already been put into a talent pool. You may get put on a course later in the year perhaps?
It's not promising at all, especially when you hear of other hopefuls, still residing in talent pools, for several years, for the same depot.

One can only wait in the hope that a trainee place becomes available, and the company decide to give it to you. They don't need to justify anything to any queue of potential applicants I'd guess. Its tough.
I enjoyed the actual FL DMI, assessments, and MMI which makes "no joy" a little worse..

MDB97

It's not promising at all, especially when you hear of other hopefuls, still residing in talent pools, for several years, for the same depot.

One can only wait in the hope that a trainee place becomes available, and the company decide to give it to you. They don't need to justify anything to any queue of potential applicants I'd guess. Its tough.
I enjoyed the actual FL DMI, assessments, and MMI which makes "no joy" a little worse..
Try not to be so pessimistic my friend, they would not spend money on you putting you through OPC assessments ect if they had no intention of employing you.

Keep being resilient and try to enjoy your summer, remember we are only 1/3 of the way through 2022 :)

sargentsiri

Try not to be so pessimistic my friend, they would not spend money on you putting you through OPC assessments ect if they had no intention of employing you.

Keep being resilient and try to enjoy your summer, remember we are only 1/3 of the way through 2022 :)
Perfectly written!

All is not lost my friend!

Numbskull100

I am! Got a phone call from HR on Thursday this week asking me if I can swap from May to April…! That would be a yes please, and thank you very much!!
Contract etc came through on Friday. Still all feels very surreal
OMFG that's awesome! Good luck with the course :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.