• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Drivers - Tilsbury, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ladellboy

Mine was the same. You hear horror stories but was no where near that bad. Had to ask her about the accent during interview though was paying too much attention to her voice than the questions haha

Jobi-wan

Mine was the same. You hear horror stories but was no where near that bad. Had to ask her about the accent during interview though was paying too much attention to her voice than the questions haha
Haha Where's she from?

Teddyward

Well buzzing is an understatement!! Iv passed!!
Congrats

I wonder how many vacancies for trainees on this intake. I think I remember a figure of 100 new & qualifieds wanted over the next year or two mentioned on day 1 assessment.

RunRepeat

Congrats all! I'm sadly out as this stage, have asked for feedback from MMI. Really keen to get feedback to understand where I need to focus for next time.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Jobi-wan

Best of luck next time mate, I'm lucky enough to have passed. You should definitely be proud of yourself for getting this far! I know I am!

RunRepeat

Thank you, I'm definitely pleased to have got so far, I'm from a completely different background career wise so will take learnings from feedback and go again.

Teddyward

I wonder this will end up being intermodal, heavy haul or both. I know all the recruitment literature had freightliner limited, but my reference request had heavy haul on it.

Jobi-wan

I wonder this will end up being intermodal, heavy haul or both. I know all the recruitment literature had freightliner limited, but my reference request had heavy haul on it.
Now that you mention it all the information boards on the first day were heavy haul...

Timpg

Congrats all! I'm sadly out as this stage, have asked for feedback from MMI. Really keen to get feedback to understand where I need to focus for next time.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Ah mate I’m sorry for you. But as was said before, you did extremely well bud! I wish you all the very best and you never know, may cross paths one day now I know we live the same end of town!!

Timpg

Congrats

I wonder how many vacancies for trainees on this intake. I think I remember a figure of 100 new & qualifieds wanted over the next year or two mentioned on day 1 assessment.

I heard it was 10 for ipswich, 5 for tilsbury

Timpg

You probably find it will be predominantly intermodal with a bit of heavy haul thrown in. Pretty much all the drivers whom have left ipswich where intermodal, who have either retired or gone to another toc. I can recall several driver talking of new contracts including heavy haul work.

Timpg

I’m just curious as to what will happen I.e interview process, assuming there’s 30 of us who have passed psychometric exams, and there’s 15 positions. Will those who don’t get offered an interview this time round therefore be entered into a talent pool, ready for the next graduate scheme? I can’t see Freightliner having 30 people sponsored by them to pass the psychometric exam, only to forget half of them to then do the same process again 6mnths down the line.

Has anyone actually had an interview date confirmed yet?

loco-84

N
I’m just curious as to what will happen I.e interview process, assuming there’s 30 of us who have passed psychometric exams, and there’s 15 positions. Will those who don’t get offered an interview this time round therefore be entered into a talent pool, ready for the next graduate scheme? I can’t see Freightliner having 30 people sponsored by them to pass the psychometric exam, only to forget half of them to then do the same process again 6mnths down the line.

Not heard anything yet

Ladellboy

It's under intermodel conditions at the moment. Rumours are that the next scheme is under heavy haul terms.

Please to say I have passed also however for anyone to have fell at the last stage massive well done for getting that far.

Speaking to a couple of managers regarding the scheme, a lot of people applied and to simply get to the assessment stage you done well.

Fingers crossed for the interview all and hopefully we will all be successful
Ahh cheers

Jobi-wan

It's under intermodel conditions at the moment. Rumours are that the next scheme is under heavy haul terms.

Please to say I have passed also however for anyone to have fell at the last stage massive well done for getting that far.

Speaking to a couple of managers regarding the scheme, a lot of people applied and to simply get to the assessment stage you done well.

Fingers crossed for the interview all and hopefully we will all be successful
Ahh cheers
Nice work dude!

Crazyb

Well done mate, I knew you would get there in the end....I also knew you was a spotter and wanted to join the big boys club..... You will have to start making the tea if you come in as the jnr boy, because you never made me one when I used to come in. Good luck with the interview, I reckon you would make a good driver.

Timpg

Well done mate, I knew you would get there in the end....I also knew you was a spotter and wanted to join the big boys club..... You will have to start making the tea if you come in as the jnr boy, because you never made me one when I used to come in. Good luck with the interview, I reckon you would make a good driver.

Hahaaa!! I’m sitting here wondering who you are!!!! Hahaaaaa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.