• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goingloco

For what it's worth having passed all of the assessments before, if you can get through these initial stages there is nothing ahead that should be of concern. Practise as much as you can and the tests are relatively comfortable. The group bourdon test was fine after lots of practise.

Best of luck.

PaulBusDriver

For what it's worth having passed all of the assessments before, if you can get through these initial stages there is nothing ahead that should be of concern. Practise as much as you can and the tests are relatively comfortable. The group bourdon test was fine after lots of practise.

Best of luck.
From someone who has passed the initial stages and is moving onto the assessments, this seems like sound advice. Practice is the key.

Stigy

Established Member
Can anybody advise where Freightliner carry out the majority of their training for drivers? I’m thinking a lot will be in the north? I’m from right down south so just wondered, if successful, whether it would be a residential course for all or part of the training? The position I have applied for is Eastleigh (near Southampton). Early days of course, but I found the website quite brief with details.

GLENMAYE77

Done the online tests.....not confident really. Think I did what a few others have done and focused on the shapes a bit too much.
Suppose I’ll find out in a week or so.

Well done those who’ve passed so far.

PaulBusDriver

Done the online tests.....not confident really. Think I did what a few others have done and focused on the shapes a bit too much.
Suppose I’ll find out in a week or so.

Well done those who’ve passed so far.

I thought exactly the same thing, I was sure I must have missed some of the primary tasks errors but to my surprise I am through to the assessments.
In a way I feel that it might be better to fail at the earlier point than fail during the assessments due to gaining a strike if I fail but I'm preparing as best I can not to fail. Pressures on a bit tho

Stigy

Established Member
I thought exactly the same thing, I was sure I must have missed some of the primary tasks errors but to my surprise I am through to the assessments.
In a way I feel that it might be better to fail at the earlier point than fail during the assessments due to gaining a strike if I fail but I'm preparing as best I can not to fail. Pressures on a bit tho

I agree. The online tests are more similar to the actual driver assessments than the ones most companies use, therefore if you don’t make it at that stage, you’ve almost had experience of what to expect in the actual assessment without using one of your lives as it were.

I was also the same in that I was less sure as time went on as to how I’d performed in the online stuff. At first I was sure I hadn’t done well enough, but then that changed to genuinely not knowing how well I’d done if that makes sense? I was surprised I got the email to say I’d passed so I’d urge anybody to keep an open mind.

Cheggers

Has anyone heard back from OPC yet reference those that have already passed tests to enhanced standard and whether we need to attend tests again? I've heard nothing.

Dan61

I have today been told not to attend the stage 1 and I will be going straight to stage 2 which includes mmi and computer tests but no date yet as they stated needed to complete all stage 1 applicants first

Ian Hunt

I completed the SJT yesterday and VSE today - really have no idea how I did, definitely a couple of F... ups.
How long did it take most of you guys to hear back afterwards?

Good day folks, been following this thread for a while and have just set up an account on the forum.

This is my first trainee train driver application, passed the online questionnaire and assessments a week ago and have been invited to the assessment centre on the 23rd at Crewe. I applied for the Eastleigh depot.

Been going through the practice questions in the email attachments and struggling a bit to get my head round the DFFT, everything else seems fairly straight forward. Just gonna keep practicing :D

Cheggers

I have today been told not to attend the stage 1 and I will be going straight to stage 2 which includes mmi and computer tests but no date yet as they stated needed to complete all stage 1 applicants first

Thanks for replying. Did you get initial stage 1 auto email like the rest of us? My emails are playing up as overseas presently. Did you get email today? Thanks in advance.

Cheggers

Thanks for replying. Did you get initial stage 1 auto email like the rest of us? My emails are playing up as overseas presently. Did you get email today? Thanks in advance.
Oops just noticed you got email today.

xtradj

Have you already done the computer tests and mmi with another toc previously? If so do you have to re do them for freight liner then?

Stigy

Established Member

I’m assuming you’ve already passed the parts you don’t have to sit, and they’re doing you computer tests with the MMI in one day?

Dan61

Yes I passed stage 1 early this year with another toc to the enhanced mark. Been told stage 2 involves mmi and computer test on same day

Stigy

Established Member
Yes I passed stage 1 early this year with another toc to the enhanced mark. Been told stage 2 involves mmi and computer test on same day
That’s what confuses me, as it seems that’s the procedure and stage two involves the MMI and computer tests, yet I (and others) are attending said stage one but there is mention of computer based tests but not an MMI?

Dan61

My initial email for stage 1 doesn't mention computer tests or mmi just bourdon and dfft

sherman216

I was part of Freightliners last recruitment process, we done stage 1 one day paper tests etc, and stage 2 computer tests and mmi on a separate day a week or so later.

Stigy

Established Member
You write the answers on paper I believe which is why they class it as a pen and paper test :)
I thought there were different stages to that test though, a mix of both! I must have misread that somewhere haha. The assessments I sat a few years ago (still the new type.....they produced new ones a few years back which was handy) were all on one day apart from the MMI which you’d get invited back for along with a DM interview (not part of the assessment process).

It was for a TOC and I know they all operate differently, it just threw me a bit haha.

Homer

To those who have attended assessment centres before, is the dress code full suit and tie?

Stigy

Established Member
To those who have attended assessment centres before, is the dress code full suit and tie?
I will be attending in a suit (my only one haha....I call it my interview/wedding/funeral suit). It wasn’t specific as you know from the email, but it did say to be well groomed and they expect high standards from their staff. With that in mind and given first impressions count of course, you can’t go far wrong in a suit, or suit type attire (shirt, trousers and a tie?). If they said smart casual it might have been different.

Dan61

I was part of Freightliners last recruitment process, we done stage 1 one day paper tests etc, and stage 2 computer tests and mmi on a separate day a week or so later.
Did you get through and be offered a postion if so what is the salary like for training etc

Status
Not open for further replies.