• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete C

People who've done Stage 2 at Crewe, did any of you arrive on foot at Basford Hall (which I presume is FL HQ)? From what I can see on Streetview it doesn't look very pedestrian friendly...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jhen2105

People who've done Stage 2 at Crewe, did any of you arrive on foot at Basford Hall (which I presume is FL HQ)? From what I can see on Streetview it doesn't look very pedestrian friendly...

Streetview only takes you up so far. There’s plenty of parking. When you turn off the main road towards Freightliner follow the road all the way down to the end and you’ll see a big green building on the right. That’s where the assessment is held and the parking is outside the front.

Pete C

Streetview only takes you up so far. There’s plenty of parking. When you turn off the main road towards Freightliner follow the road all the way down to the end and you’ll see a big green building on the right. That’s where the assessment is held and the parking is outside the front.
I was actually planning to come up by train the night before and walk in from my hotel which is just round the corner. What I was asking was, is this advisable or am I likely to get flattened by large trucks on the way in :lol:

jhen2105

I was actually planning to come up by train the night before and walk in from my hotel which is just round the corner. What I was asking was, is this advisable or am I likely to get flattened by large trucks on the way in :lol:

Personal advice, I’d drive and park or get a taxi. It’s quite a walk from the main road. No trucks but a lot of cars going in and out!

PaulBusDriver

Got my results today, I didn't pass the national stanard or enhanced standard, oh well, I've lost a life too :rolleyes:

At least you can get feedback though mate, see which one let you down. I know you must be gutted as I would have been but hopefully you can work on the bit that was lacking.

Stigy

Established Member
I’m planning on doing the same....I don’t have much choice as it’s a 200-mile journey for me. It could be a bit of a nightmare with the stuff I need to take, although not loads, I don’t like to turn up at these things with a backpack or similar and a load of paperwork as it can look disorganised I guess. Although I won’t have a lot to bring, even taking my suit will require some planning I guess :)

Stigy

Established Member
Got my results today, I didn't pass the national stanard or enhanced standard, oh well, I've lost a life too :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear this, at least you know what it entails next time, and if you do it with a TOC or FOC that doesn’t work to enhanced standard it’ll be less intense too. Good luck for the future mate!

Diff

I was pretty hot on the GBT and the Tea-occ, this is something I practiced to death and
DFFT I did 11 out of 20. Again, Im sure they were all correct.

GLOP test is anyones guess but majority were correct, a couple of questions were hard to tell apart the answers but majority were easy.

Sorry for my ignorance, what's a GLOP test? I've obviously missed something. It doesn't mention it in my OPC email for stage 1 either...

Cheers :)

Stanstaff

Sorry for my ignorance, what's a GLOP test? I've obviously missed something. It doesn't mention it in my OPC email for stage 1 either...

Cheers :)
Glop is the memory test I think it’s called the trp test it’s in with the dials test. It’s basically a passage about an imaginary train, you hear the passage played out and you read the passage you get I think about 5 mind to absorb the information then there is 18 questions about the passage try to remember things such as the colour of the market boards, who operates the glop train the colours of the light, and when it is run Autum I believe is the answer to that one, what is it used for these are some of the questions that I remember about it hope this helps a little.

Pete C

I’m planning on doing the same....I don’t have much choice as it’s a 200-mile journey for me. It could be a bit of a nightmare with the stuff I need to take, although not loads, I don’t like to turn up at these things with a backpack or similar and a load of paperwork as it can look disorganised I guess. Although I won’t have a lot to bring, even taking my suit will require some planning I guess :)
You're on the 11th as well aren't you? Where are you staying?

GJL9916

Do any of you guys know where you can pay to take the assessment courses privately? I’ve read about DB Shenker but can’t seem to find any info on it, thought I would see if any of you guys knew before I contacted them direct

Last edited:

Teddyward

Do any of you guys know where you can pay to take the assessment courses privately? I’ve read about DB Shenker but can’t seem to find any info on it, thought I would see if any of you guys knew before I contacted them direct
If you do that, however well you do, the pass will just get recorded as a national pass.

Stigy

Established Member
You're on the 11th as well aren't you? Where are you staying?
Yeah the 11th. I’ve not decided yet, it’ll be either the Ibis where the first assessments took place, or a local Travelodge. A deciding factor might be whoever includes an iron in the price ;)

You?

Pete C

Yeah the 11th. I’ve not decided yet, it’ll be either the Ibis where the first assessments took place, or a local Travelodge. A deciding factor might be whoever includes an iron in the price ;)

You?
At the Premier Inn that's right next to the station :)

TBH I'm thinking I might drive now as a) it means I'm not relying on taxis in the morning and b) it gives me somewhere to store my excess stuff for the day.

More than happy to give you a lift down there in the morning if you like!

Tstageman

Gents, has anyone been through the Managers Interview yet? I have one at Crewe next week, wondering what kind of questions might be asked, anything special other than the usual.

Thanks

Diff

Glop is the memory test I think it’s called the trp test it’s in with the dials test. It’s basically a passage about an imaginary train, you hear the passage played out and you read the passage you get I think about 5 mind to absorb the information then there is 18 questions about the passage try to remember things such as the colour of the market boards, who operates the glop train the colours of the light, and when it is run Autum I believe is the answer to that one, what is it used for these are some of the questions that I remember about it hope this helps a little.
Thank you very much for that info mate, very helpful :)

jhen2105

Gents, has anyone been through the Managers Interview yet? I have one at Crewe next week, wondering what kind of questions might be asked, anything special other than the usual.

Thanks

Someone else asked this a few pages back. Answer is on there.

Tstageman

Oh I did have a look through but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll have another look, thanks.

Paulm36

Afternoon all, just wondering if anybody else on here has applied for thamesport intermodal, if so have you had any luck researching the routes they run from there. Can't seem to find anything on freightliners website or anywhere else. The website only seems to show routes from the 4 main ports . Any help greatly appreciated.

Stigy

Established Member
At the Premier Inn that's right next to the station :)

TBH I'm thinking I might drive now as a) it means I'm not relying on taxis in the morning and b) it gives me somewhere to store my excess stuff for the day.

More than happy to give you a lift down there in the morning if you like!
Thanks, might drop you a PM regarding this, just trying to arrange myself haha. I’m also waiting for an email from OPC as I wanted to know if I definitely had to sit all assessments as I only had to sit two for stage one but was only told this on the day. I’ve passed all tests bar an MMI at standard level so I’m hoping I might be able to worm my way out of some haha. That being the case I’m holding off on a hotel until I know for sure.

Jobi-wan

I’m not entirely sure, because the first stage freightliner assesments everyone got to complete every test before they were marked but with a smaller amount of people doing stage 2 they may check results before allowing you to do the next one I’m not sure?

When I did mine with VTEC we did the paper (stage one) and computer (stage 2) and MMI all in one day. Each test was marked and if you failed you would be sent home and not be able to do the next test. There was only 3 of us there on the day so they were able to mark quickly.
We had our computer tests in the morning. We were told that if you fail the computer tests you wouldn't have the mmi in the afternoon. I don't think anyone failed their computer tests that i know of

Jobi-wan

Afternoon guys, I've done all my assessments and manager interview in July I've passed everything and I'm on the December course with the people that pass these assessments. If you need and advice or help please let me know I'll do my best to help!
Which depot?

Pete C

Thanks, might drop you a PM regarding this, just trying to arrange myself haha. I’m also waiting for an email from OPC as I wanted to know if I definitely had to sit all assessments as I only had to sit two for stage one but was only told this on the day. I’ve passed all tests bar an MMI at standard level so I’m hoping I might be able to worm my way out of some haha. That being the case I’m holding off on a hotel until I know for sure.
Probably just the MMI then as I'm fairly sure there is no enhanced standard for the computer tests :)

Stigy

Established Member
Probably just the MMI then as I'm fairly sure there is no enhanced standard for the computer tests :)
This would be handy, but they made no reference in their email invite to stage two about having done any assessments before which I find strange given I’m assuming it costs a lot to put a candidate through these assessments? I’ll await their reply or chase them up in a day or so. Having said that, they didn’t mention or check my previous results at stage one until I attended....no big deal for me as it was a day out haha (although the assessments I did have to take were at opposite ends of the day).

Status
Not open for further replies.