• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_t

Had my reply this morning after stage 2 from freightliner. I have beem put into a pool untill a vacancy becomes available...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Diff

Had my reply this morning after stage 2 from freightliner. I have beem put into a pool untill a vacancy becomes available...
Well done! Does anyone know how long people are usually in a 'pool' for? I was under the impression they had quite a few vacancies, especially at Crewe where you applied Jay. I'm wondering if they're putting you in a pool just until they get enough candidates accepted for them to start a training course or is it more of a long-term thing?

Cheers and well done again!

Mike121

Well done! Does anyone know how long people are usually in a 'pool' for? I was under the impression they had quite a few vacancies, especially at Crewe where you applied Jay. I'm wondering if they're putting you in a pool just until they get enough candidates accepted for them to start a training course or is it more of a long-term thing?

Well done! That is amazing!

I am still waiting to hear about stage one, haha!

delticdeano74

I was in a pool for two years for a TOC with another lad who passed same day as me. We had to have another Dmi 9 months after the first as it had expired. Then was told after two years, that we were being taken off "on hold" and would have to reapply should anymore vacancies come up, hence applying for Freightliner. Just hope, if I pass of course, that it doesn't happen again as it's a very frustrating wait.
This is just my experience of course, but just giving you a heads up about how things can pan out.

Jay_t

Thanks mate. Im not sure what to expect really, the email basically said they'll book me in for a medical when an oppertunity becomes available.. hopefully its while they sort the courses out and set some dates up!

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks mate. Im not sure what to expect really, the email basically said they'll book me in for a medical when an oppertunity becomes available.. hopefully its while they sort the courses out and set some dates up!
Congrats mate. I’m assuming it is as others have said and they just need to fill courses up logically. Otherwise I guess it defeats the object of their recruitment campaign, especially since they were open in saying when they were looking at holding courses? Unless they were stupidly oversubscribed and you met their standard but because of this they’ve had to put you in a pool?

Seems similar to how some have had to wait for confirmation of the stage 2 assessment dates, but some got these straight away?

Stanstaff

Congratulations mate

Jay_t

Congrats mate. I’m assuming it is as others have said and they just need to fill courses up logically. Otherwise I guess it defeats the object of their recruitment campaign, especially since they were open in saying when they were looking at holding courses? Unless they were stupidly oversubscribed and you met their standard but because of this they’ve had to put you in a pool?

Seems similar to how some have had to wait for confirmation of the stage 2 assessment dates, but some got these straight away?
Seems strange. You would think they would say your into a course next year or such and such! Strange! Guess i will have to wait and see!

xtradj

Seems strange. You would think they would say your into a course next year or such and such! Strange! Guess i will have to wait and see!

I was told yesterday they need people for Crewe now. Depots such as Garston are a pool. Although it may just be that the first course at Crewe is booked and your on the next one! Whenever that may be

Diff

I was in a pool for two years for a TOC with another lad who passed same day as me. We had to have another Dmi 9 months after the first as it had expired. Then was told after two years, that we were being taken off "on hold" and would have to reapply should anymore vacancies come up, hence applying for Freightliner. Just hope, if I pass of course, that it doesn't happen again as it's a very frustrating wait.
This is just my experience of course, but just giving you a heads up about how things can pan out.
Wow 2 years?! That sounds VERY frustrating indeed. You did it once so hopefully you can pass again mate :)

Diff

I sat my stage 1 assessments a week ago, last Thursday, 13th September at 9am. I have just got an email inviting me to the stage 2 assessments in Basford Hall in Crewe on the 27th November (my birthday).

The results have come in surprisingly early I think, I was expecting at least 2 weeks! And also the end of November seems a bit far away does it not? I recall others’ stage 2 assessments being not too long after the email, might just be as and when they’re running the assessment centres?

GLENMAYE77

Email from the OPC rec’d today, Stage 2 date is 28th November. I applied for Garston.

Anyone else who was waiting heard back regarding Stage 2

GLENMAYE77

The results have come in surprisingly early I think, I was expecting at least 2 weeks!

I only waited 1 week for my Stage 1 results but had to wait for my Stage 2 date whilst they finished all the Stage 1’s, think they pushed through a few needed for the first course that only needed to complete minimal aspects of the recruitment

Diff

I only waited 1 week for my Stage 1 results but had to wait for my Stage 2 date whilst they finished all the Stage 1’s, think they pushed through a few needed for the first course that only needed to complete minimal aspects of the recruitment
Ahh right that makes sense, I was expecting another tense week ahead of me haha!

Pete C

Wow they must have had some huge number of applicants if Stage 2 is going into December! And lots of people who did well at Stage 1, well done guys :)

GLENMAYE77

Wow they must have had some huge number of applicants if Stage 2 is going into December! And lots of people who did well at Stage 1, well done guys :)

I was thinking that too but then I thought it’s 4-5 people a day and I’m also guessing it’s when depot managers are available. (assessments may not be every day?)

Status
Not open for further replies.