• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that means Crewe will be coming up soon. I’m waiting for a start date at Crewe IM. Would just love to know when now as I’m sick of work asking me, especially my mate who wants my job. I’m going to record the phrase “as soon as I know, I will tell you.” Lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

So is everyone on here (who applied before September) at one of the following stages.
1) Awaiting results of DMI & MMI
2) About to have medical
3) Awaiting start date
4) Started or about to start?

If so which Depots and HH or IM.

Would be great to work out how many people are where, probably stop people worrying.

I’m Crewe, awaiting start date and IM.

Nishhh

I’m Thamesport (was Tilbury but they asked me to go for Thamesport instead) it seems like it’s for HH as the email from Freightliner was specifically from the HH department and I’ve got my medical on Monday.

Diff

Did they give you option for HH or IM?
Yeah they asked in the DMI which I would prefer, they went through some of the differences with them both and I picked HH, sounds like I would enjoy it more, although I would of course be happy doing either haha :)

GLENMAYE77

I’m getting the impression that most who have been allocated dates/training are HH......I haven’t seen many IM people getting start dates.

I initially applied IM at Garston but in my DMI said I’d consider Crewe and HH positions.

Awaiting results from sitting my MMI & DMI on 28th Nov.

Last edited:

Luke Allen

I’m in the pool for Birmingham IM and have been since October. Waiting for a medical and start date.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I've had my medical now, and am hopefully awaiting a Feb course date, I'm in for HH at Guide Bridge.

delticdeano74

Is that Freightliner are providing a hotel and hire car for the duration of the training? Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with the forum much.

Got my medical on Monday hoping things are moving now...
Hi Nishhh, yes. Hire car and hotel for the duration of the training ( 5 months give or take), before going to chosen depot to learn routes and get the 150 hours in of wheels turning, speaking from HH point of veiw.
Obviously depends where you live and where your initial training will be.
Well done and good luck.

Sam85

Hi all. I am attending the assessment centre in Watford December 11th. On the confirmation email there are four tests listed which are:

The trainability for rules and procedures test part 1&2
The group bourdon concentration test
The driver fault finding test
The TEA-OCC test

Can anyone confirm if these are the only tests I will sit on the day? As the information booklet also lists:

ATAVT perception test
Two hand co-ordination test
Situational judgement exercise
Written communication test
WAFV vigilance test

Is it the case that if successful I will move on to the MMI & DMI stage? I assume this is the case but want to be prepared. If so - how long roughly between these stages? Thanks.

These are the only tests in stage 1. Stage to will take on the additional tests mentioned (excluding written communication test).

Sam85

Thanks for your prompt response. So does this mean the written communication test, MMI and DMI will be done together at a later date?

Branston

Thanks for your prompt response. So does this mean the written communication test, MMI and DMI will be done together at a later date?

You will have the four tests that are in the email on the first assessment. If you meet the standard you will be invited to stage 2 which will be the remaining tests, (not the written test as Frieghtliner are not doing that one). The MMI and DMI are on the same day as stage 2

Sam85

You will have the four tests that are in the email on the first assessment. If you meet the standard you will be invited to stage 2 which will be the remaining tests, (not the written test as Frieghtliner are not doing that one). The MMI and DMI are on the same day as stage 2

Thank you for clearing up my confusion.

Nishhh

Hi Nishhh, yes. Hire car and hotel for the duration of the training ( 5 months give or take), before going to chosen depot to learn routes and get the 150 hours in of wheels turning, speaking from HH point of veiw.
Obviously depends where you live and where your initial training will be.
Well done and good luck.

Oh wow, I haven’t been told anything yet in regards to where my training will be but I live in Essex and have been put down for the Thamesport depot. HH specifically.

I didn’t know about they provided a hire car as well as hotel for duration of training! Is the training location far from where you live?

Do you know what car you will be getting? 5months isn’t too bad.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Oh wow, I haven’t been told anything yet in regards to where my training will be but I live in Essex and have been put down for the Thamesport depot. HH specifically.

I didn’t know about they provided a hire car as well as hotel for duration of training! Is the training location far from where you live?

Have you been given a confirmed training course then Nishhh?

delticdeano74

I'm training at Ipswich and live in Barnsley. Steady 3 and a bit hours drive. :)

Yes it's definatley a big posiitive, the little things matter. Car even gets dropped off at my house!

Nishhh

I'm training at Ipswich and live in Barnsley. Steady 3 and a bit hours drive. :)

Yes it's definatley a big posiitive, the little things matter. Car even gets dropped off at my house!

Ahhhh i see, I can’t wait to find out where I’ll be training and if I get a car too! Nice surprise

Pete C

Bit of a problem for me that, as I live in a permit area so nowhere to park it :lol:

Would rather they got me train tickets tbh, maybe I'll ask.

Jaytrains

I’m Thamesport (was Tilbury but they asked me to go for Thamesport instead) it seems like it’s for HH as the email from Freightliner was specifically from the HH department and I’ve got my medical on Monday.
What methods did u use to pass the tests?

Diff

I got my stage results today, I sadly failed the MMI. It has an email address I can email to get feedback on the test so I'll email that, not sure if they'll provide much though. I'm gutted but not as upset as I thought I would've been, I kinda expected it, I did feel like the MMI didn't go too well, my experiences and examples for the questions weren't great and weren't all that varied.

The email doesn't mention the DMI but I'm curious to see if that would've been a pass or not.

Good luck to all other candidates going forward with your applications :)

Branston

Absolutely buzzing right now!!
Had my stage 2 on the 26th, and have heard back from OPC to say all passed.
I know I now need to wait to hear from Freightliner to see how the DMI went, but I really thought I had fluffed the MMI so just happy to know that I have passed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.