• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nope, no course dates yet. Didn't expect any either. I applied for this job in the summer of 2018, pool since December 2018. I'm used to things going slowly.

i had a call in December telling me I was successful at interview stage so looks like I’ve got a long wait on for that email then.
Where did you apply for?

SpitfireAle

i had a call in December telling me I was successful at interview stage so looks like I’ve got a long wait on for that email then.
Where did you apply for?
I was originally down for Garston, Guide Bridge or Leeds when I originally got placed in the pool. But after having to do the DMI again in November I got put down for Trafford Park and this is where the letter says I'll be placed.

The One

The railway has and will always be slow in recruitment so all I can say is be patient as I do think training people will take longer in-completing which in return take longer to create the next intake of trainees.

Network2020

No. I haven't heard anything since my DMI just before Christmas. They used the magic phrase of 'be patient'!
That phrase will haunt us all. I have also heard nothing since December. The carrot remains dangling whilst we all must remain patient. We must stay positive and hopefully hear something sooner rather than later.

I might be wrong and I don’t want to ring any alarm bells but some of us have had offers pending a medical and some have head nothing. I can only think that once the medicals are passed (or not), everyone else will be added to the dreaded pool provided their DMI went well. I reckon all will become clearer soon once all the medical results are assessed.

Network2020

I might be wrong and I don’t want to ring any alarm bells but some of us have had offers pending a medical and some have head nothing. I can only think that once the medicals are passed (or not), everyone else will be added to the dreaded pool provided their DMI went well. I reckon all will become clearer soon once all the medical results are assessed.
I was offered a position back in December and was told the medical date and other documentation will be sent over to me. I have heard nothing since?
Have you had your medical? Or are you still awaiting the date?

I was offered a position back in December and was told the medical date and other documentation will be sent over to me. I have heard nothing since?
Have you had your medical? Or are you still awaiting the date?
That’s odd. I had my medical last week. Fingers crossed for both of us!

hiredgun

Looks like there was a post on this thread, 27th Jan, asking about the latest course.... no answers - so could training have been suspended??

If so there will be a delay to allow sufficient gap between courses, I would imagine??

4F89

I believe there are a few courses in the pipeline that will definitely happen. Classroom working seems to have found suitable work arounds, for now.

Pretty straightforward "choose the answer you best think applies" etc type things, nothing to stress about, just get it done when you have 30 mins quiet time to spare.
Never realised you were post no 9 on here! And look at you now!

martin2345uk

Established Member
I believe there are a few courses in the pipeline that will definitely happen. Classroom working seems to have found suitable work arounds, for now.

Never realised you were post no 9 on here! And look at you now!
Blimey. If I knew back then what I know now...! :smile:

Bonzo

Morning all, passed all the assessments and MMI a year go and the DMI in December. I have been lurking around this forum for a month or so and I wished I'd found it earlier!! Has anybody that passed in a similar timeframe heard a thing. I was told at my DMI that I would receive information in the post but nothing yet. I have also emailed Freightliner but only an automated response received. With the improving Covid situation and holidays looking possible etc, I am itching to get started and just an inkling of when that would be or some idea would be a bonus, even if it's another year down the line at least I could make some plans. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.