• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Future of Wrexham-Bidston line, inc. possible franchise swap etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Meerkat

Established Member

Thanks, but I am suspicious that the depot batteries are being conflated with the hopes for service battery use. The second article seems to be written from press releases from the time of ordering. I am sure someone said they had done the investigation and found they couldn’t manage the heat of 5 tonnes of batteries??

Polarbear

Established Member
There’s an article in the March edition of Modern Railways regarding the777’s. As regards the batteries, all of the 777’s will have small batteries to allow shunting movements, but one will have a (five ton) battery to allow for evaluation.

mwmbwls

The Railway Gazette article was written by Tony Miles - a transport journalist and academic of repute. I am inclined to go along with his assessment pending evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.