• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ga - trainee train driver vacancy (wagn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickthorn

It does mention the mech test in the practice material, but not the DFFT (or managers' interview). Perhaps it's changed.

I think I'll email them and ask exactly what I'll be doing!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ollyb64

I've been invited to their assessment centre in Stratford. They've sent some practice materials, and the only test on the list I haven't passed very recently with other TOCs is the mechanical comprehension (MT4/4.1). I'm guessing that they won't make me repeat the ones I've already done, so it might be quite a short day!.

I haven't had to do any mechanical comprehension tests so far. I've read that MT4.2 is a challenge, but is MT4.1 easier?

Edit: just had confirmation of my assessment date, and they say they're going to even send a free travel voucher towards my journey! That's good of them - I've spent £hundreds on travel to other TOCs so far..

Congratulations, how did they let you know email or post? Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon.

NLC1072

I got my reply yesterday, see you all there! Also I have a queation, I have a pass with another operator on the aptitude tests and interviews and medical, is this transferable?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dave1987

On Moderation
I got my reply yesterday, see you all there! Also I have a queation, I have a pass with another operator on the aptitude tests and interviews and medical, is this transferable?

Thanks!

I think the OPC tests will be but def not the DM interview.

Luski28

I think the OPC tests will be but def not the DM interview.

Interview would be on a separate day to the tests with a area ops manager followed by the medical.

They will ask would you every compromise safety rules, just stick to your guns and say never, but they will keep trying with different scenarios but as I said the answer is never.

Good luck

NLC1072

Interview would be on a separate day to the tests with a area ops manager followed by the medical.

They will ask would you every compromise safety rules, just stick to your guns and say never, but they will keep trying with different scenarios but as I said the answer is never.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply! I just found out I got 63 in the application, after much faffing about. Anybody else in?

NLC1072

TSJD

Think safety when answering any question and you can't go wrong. You'll probably have 2 interviews. One with a manager or two and a structured interview. Just be yourself and be honest. Good luck.

Maccas

Don't panic yet, was told by recruitment there's a lot to go through and my score of 59 was acceptable to progress but may be some time before I hear. Hats of to them they've been very helpful.

drazky

I was invited for assessment 3-4 days ago!assessment dates are mid August.As was mentioned by Maccas, hats of to the reqruiment team. Fast , responsible, polite!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I never found any number in my application.Very soon received the second part and on 12.07.13 invitation for assessment!
Probably not to many applicants ...

ollyb64

Sent an email today to Greater Anglia asking when we were likely to hear from them. This is the reply I recieved;

"Pleased to say that you have met the relevant scoring for this and we will be in touch in due course

Please be patient as we have a large number of candidates to process

kind regards"

I presume this just means they still haven't read my application and I may or may not make it to the next stage.

david_VI

I guess i'll be joining you guys if you get through to the managers interview. I got through the process last year but there was some delays with the reaction test then structured interview so it's dragged on and i've had to wait till this intake. My managers interview is 3rd Sept, so surely an indication for you guys when yours will be if you make it that far.

Maccas

For those that have been called for the assessment already, whats the date?

Samgtr

I work currently at Chingford as Revenue, havent had no reply as of yet...

Samgtr

I gather you applied for the internal vacancy first?

Yes the internal vacancy, still no news.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well recieved email today saying they have issues with reactions test machine and will call me in for an assessment in due course...

Anyone else?

ollyb64

Just had an email through this morning for the trainee driver job with GA.

It said I had met the initial shortlist with regards to the required score on the questionaire.

I have been placed in a pot of candidates that will be invited to an assessment centre in due course. It also says they do not know a timescale for this as their reactions/co-ordination equiptment is broken.

lordturns

I had the same email too. They sent me a text to tell me I had an email....also they have replied exactly within the fourteen days timescale they mentioned on the application.

So far, they seem to be switched on with their HR department.

david_VI

I hope it doesn't end up like it did for me.. I applied feb/march 2012 and the reaction test broke down during the assessments so half the intake got to do it.. the rest had to wait, like me.. months. So much so I only just got my managers interview date for Sept this year, which I assume is with your intake. But then again if you guys are delayed maybe i'll have to be again... :\ Unless theres enough needing managers interviews already to make it worthwhile.

Samgtr

I hope it doesn't end up like it did for me.. I applied feb/march 2012 and the reaction test broke down during the assessments so half the intake got to do it.. the rest had to wait, like me.. months. So much so I only just got my managers interview date for Sept this year, which I assume is with your intake. But then again if you guys are delayed maybe i'll have to be again... :\ Unless theres enough needing managers interviews already to make it worthwhile.

Your probably right cause i know a guy at work who has been called in for the assessments a week or so ago...

david_VI

Well I haven't heard anything yet so maybe i'll still get my interview.. Or they hope to get it sorted in time that you guys will get through intime for the booked interviews

SND150

Just had an email through this morning for the trainee driver job with GA.

It said I had met the initial shortlist with regards to the required score on the questionaire.

I have been placed in a pot of candidates that will be invited to an assessment centre in due course. It also says they do not know a timescale for this as their reactions/co-ordination equiptment is broken.
Anyone heard anything further from GA about when the assessment will be? I received the e-mail too but not heard anything since.

lordturns

Anyone heard anything further from GA about when the assessment will be? I received the e-mail too but not heard anything since.

Hi, I sent an email today chasing this and have not heard anything back yet - as soon as I have a response, I will post on here....

tomp26

Hi, I am a new poster who has applied for this role and was just wondering if anyone knows exactly which tests I will have to sit at the ga assesment day? From what I have seen on here I think its: group bourdon, reactions, trp 1 and 2, dfft, and structured interview. Do ga still do the mech test?

Anyway thanks in advance everyone!:D

Samgtr

Recieved a update email saying basically they have had assessements done and at present do not require any more candidates. Details will be held if required in the futur

Status
Not open for further replies.