• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GCR Diesel Gala (12/13/14 May 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
For some reason (from that picture) he resembled jamie to me :confused: Jamie worked some of the trains I was on but I was not on that one to know.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Coxster said:

Spotted most of you from that train as we left Rothley for Leicester - I was tucking into an all day breakfast behind the 25s at the time!

Tomnick

Established Member
joea1 said:
Now why did you pick me out of all the people caught on camera?

I prefer the term "black".
Were you, by any chance, part of the crowd that popped up Loughborough 'box towards the end?

Chappy in the other photo most definitely was Saturday's DTM, not Jamie. Won't point out the photo of me though ;).

Tomnick

Established Member
Well...s'pose someone had to. Cheap plug for your website at the same time ;).

RJ

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Were you, by any chance, part of the crowd that popped up Loughborough 'box towards the end?.

Yep, it was me asking you about the numbers.

Tomnick

Established Member
joea1 said:
Yep, it was me asking you about the numbers.
Ahh, well that's answered one question that I didn't have time to ask you ;). Did I answer your question properly? If it was a bit of a rushed answer, I'll have another go now!

theblackwatch

Established Member
Some good news for you all from a GCR press release I have just received - as the event was such a success, the extra diesel gala in May is to be repeated in future years.

chunx2005

joea1 said:
Now why did you pick me out of all the people caught on camera?

I prefer the term "black".
okay black then, the reason I spotted you was because i saw you quite a lot and your i recognised you.
;)

RJ

Established Member
Well I don't really see why you needed to ask anyway. And who still uses the word 'coloured'?! It might have been accepted in the 50s, but in this day and age I think it's ****ing out of order.

Met Driver

Established Member
Come on folks.........I'm sure no offence was intended. Let's not let one or two posts spoil what was a great day! :D :D

Guinness

Established Member
Seth said:
Come on folks.........I'm sure no offence was intended. Let's not let one or two posts spoil what was a great day! :D :D

I agree. It was a great day for all, shame about the weather but the traction made up for that!

When I walked through the door on Saturday Morning at 10:15 I had no idea on what had happened timetable wise and had about 5 Diesel Neds asking me comments like,

"Where is the 37"
"Is the 10:15 running"
"What is the CIG doing there"

Some people find it acceptable to call staff member "****ing useless" as one kind gentleman described me despite my best efforts to help him (I literally hadn't even put my bag down).

RJ

Established Member
Seth said:

Ok, but I've never been referred to as 'coloured' before and I don't intend to allow some ignorant individual label me now :)

The day was brilliant and I think all the staff were very helpful especially as they are volunteers :). I had a great day and the weather didn't spoil it one bit!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Chaz said:
Some people find it acceptable to call staff member "****ing useless" as one kind gentleman described me despite my best efforts to help him (I literally hadn't even put my bag down).
Totally out of order, but don't let it bother you. There are always one or two idiots. I would have defended any of you against anyone like that, and probably laughed at them (I know you'd have to be more careful what you say back!). I really appreciate the jobs the staff did, and I am sure 99% of people do too!

I only met one idiot, a guy went "That's my window" when I was stood by a window. As if you can reserve it! LOL! I just politely said, "Well, I was here earlier, and I'm here now." and that was the end of it. (Maybe having AlexS at the next window put him off moaning further ;))

Nick

Or you could buy him a pint - the well known currency of alchohol I believe is accepted by Alex.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Who wouldn't accept a payment of a pint an hour? Although at my drinking speed, I'd quickly end up with a queue of pints waiting to be finished. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.