• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Bhutan is correct -- fowler9, the floor is yours.

(Delightful anecdote indicative of Bhutan's "take" on this matter -- from a conversation with a prominent Bhutanese gentleman.

Western visitor: Is the Yeti actually real?

Bhutanese gent: Of course it's real -- as real as anything. It just exists in a different reality from ours. )

fowler9

Established Member
Bhutan is correct -- fowler9, the floor is yours.

(Delightful anecdote indicative of Bhutan's "take" on this matter -- from a conversation with a prominent Bhutanese gentleman.

Western visitor: Is the Yeti actually real?

Bhutanese gent: Of course it's real -- as real as anything. It just exists in a different reality from ours. )
Cheers chaps. What is this a quote from
'Jusqu'ici tout va bien, jusqu'ici tout va bien...mais l'important n'est pas la chute, c'est l'atterrissage'?

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I know what it means, having done a translation (Google Translate, actually - I'm not that good at French!!) so I think that it's by one of the screen stunt actors. Let's try Buster Keeton .... although why he'd be speaking in French, I really don't know!

fowler9

Established Member
La Haine???
Oui, tres bien. C'est a vous.

The three main character are walking down the road and one of them says to the others (Roughly speaking) "Have you heard the one about the man falling from a tall building, to reassure himself on the way down as he passes each floor he says "So far so good, so far so good". How you fall isn't important, what matters is how you land."

The quote is repeated at the end of the film but changed slightly, its starts "It's about a society in Freefall", the rest is pretty much the same. Good film.

backontrack

Established Member
Cheers chaps. What is this a quote from
'Jusqu'ici tout va bien, jusqu'ici tout va bien...mais l'important n'est pas la chute, c'est l'atterrissage'?
Ooh, I know! It's La Haine!

EDIT: Gaaaah! For once I actually know the answer to a question here, and I'm beaten to it...<(:lol:

DasLunatic

Right, so England has 48, Northern Ireland has six, Scotland has 33 and Wales has 13. Add them up and there are precisely one hundred.

DasLunatic

Let’s try reviving an older quiz style that has unfortunately gone extinct. The following is a city with a population of more than three million people:

My first is in Loughton, also in Southgate,

My second’s in Archway, but not Golders Green

The third’s not in West Ham, nor Plaistow, nor Wimbledon too

My fourth is in Balham, and in Burnt Oak too

My fifth has gone meta - it’s in this line more than thrice

The last isn’t in Fairlop, but is in Mornington Crescent.

backontrack

Established Member
Let’s try reviving an older quiz style that has unfortunately gone extinct. The following is a city with a population of more than three million people:

My first is in Loughton, also in Southgate,

My second’s in Archway, but not Golders Green

The third’s not in West Ham, nor Plaistow, nor Wimbledon too

My fourth is in Balham, and in Burnt Oak too

My fifth has gone meta - it’s in this line more than thrice

The last isn’t in Fairlop, but is in Mornington Crescent.
:D

O/U/G/H/T
A/C/H/W/Y
C/F/G/J/K/Q/R/U/V/X/Y/Z
A/B
M/N/G/T/C/E/S

I can't find an appropriate city...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Freestyle is a swimming style isn't it?

I know nothing about swimming, so I'll be surprised if I'm right, but are they all swimming or diving styles?