• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Genuine terminal stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
Their are proposlas going around to build Bradford Central station by extending through both stations. This was only about 3 months back - I reead it in RAIL :D

That'd be interesting. 100 years too late, but interesting nonetheless.

To answer an earlier question, any scheduled reversing at all invalidates the station according to the rules.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member

Bedpan

Established Member
Post 1 states that Bradfore Interchange doesn't count as almost nothing terminates there, so in that case Bourne End wouldn't count either.

4SRKT

Established Member
Post 1 states that Bradfore Interchange doesn't count as almost nothing terminates there, so in that case Bourne End wouldn't count either.

Bourne End fails not only on this, but on the fact that until some time in the mid-70s the line went through from Maidenhead to High Wycombe.

Bish Boy

Southminster
Saltburn
Whitby
Bishops Auckland
Chessington South etc..

Bishop Auckland had loadsa routes origionally and technically the platform ain't moved and also kept the through route for weardale used for blue circle and some passenger specials in the 80's/90's. the origional Saltburn station also had Whitby trains driving in and reversing.

deltic1989

Established Member
dont know if this has already been said but wouldn't Ryde Pier count as if you go much further you drown? and also Skeness becuse you hit a ford dealership if you dont terminate there? I may have toltally mis understood the rules here and accept that i may be totally wrong.

4SRKT

Established Member
Both Ryde Pier Head and Skeg count, but without wishing to trawl through all the posts I'd guess that they've both been mentioned already.

gnolife

Established Member
Sheerness
Epsom Downs
Tattenham Corner
Hampton Court
Windermere
Bury (current Metrolink station)
Southport
Glossop
New Brighton
West Kirby
Buxton

Glossop services continue to Hadfield nowadays, and Buxton used to run through to Matlock

island

Veteran Member
I believe I missed out my usually Irish thing I do in railway quizzes, so here goes:

Bangor
Larne Harbour
Portrush
Londonderry Waterside
Howth
Dublin Heuston
Sligo
Rosslare Europort
Cobh
Limerick
Galway

If you're going down that line you could also say Ballina, Westport, and possibly Tralee (not sure that there was never any through trains there).

Limerick on the other hand is wrong as there is one train per week from Heuston to Ennis that reverses there.

4SRKT

Established Member
Ballina, Westport and Tralee all went further in the past. That Ennis train does screw up Limerick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.