• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Geoff Marshall review of Go-Coach's Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) in Sevenoaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex397

Established Member
This Sevenoaks scheme certainly looks more appealing than most other DRT schemes I’ve read about. Although I have never actually tried one myself.
It helps that Go have some good customer service to go with it, which will help with those who don’t have a smartphone.

Geoff’s video makes it look easier than I thought it would be too - I think I’ll have to try it out.

It will be interesting to see how it copes when more people are travelling, as I’m presuming it’s easier to operate when there are less people using it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Go’s DRT service is effectively a take on Uber. As mentioned, Sevenoaks is an affluent area and from what i’ve seen, people in affluent areas tend to use taxis/private hires if they don’t use the car. Maybe the appeal of a click and go service would appeal in more affluent areas? We shall see...

On the whole, I think Geoff made an excellent video here. Although, I think he is better suited to making videos about the tube/rail etc. I must admit, I was slightly annoyed when he called a solo a “minivan.”:lol:
Geoff's heart is in the right place, but his soul might not quite reach out to road vehicles. :)

MotCO

Established Member
This Sevenoaks scheme certainly looks more appealing than most other DRT schemes I’ve read about.

I wonder if it helps that Solos are mostly used which look like a real bus, rather than the Mercedes 'minivans' often used elsewhere which look too small to provide much space inside. Indeed, most of the DRT schemes (if not all) use Mercedes or similar van conversions, so maybe the answer is to use Solos.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I wonder if it helps that Solos are mostly used which look like a real bus, rather than the Mercedes 'minivans' often used elsewhere which look too small to provide much space inside. Indeed, most of the DRT schemes (if not all) use Mercedes or similar van conversions, so maybe the answer is to use Solos.
Good point.

Pat1105

I must admit, I am not a fan of Sprinter citys. Too small and feels like you are in a taxi.

alex397

Established Member

Are the Solos not just being used temporarily to aid social distancing?

MotCO

Established Member
Are the Solos not just being used temporarily to aid social distancing?

But Go2 was designed for the Covid-era. A taxi-bus scheme was in the process of being introduced but then Covid struck.

duncombec

But Go2 was designed for the Covid-era. A taxi-bus scheme was in the process of being introduced but then Covid struck.
Not strictly true. The taxibus scheme was also going to be called Go2, and vehicles were on order for it. Covid simply allowed them to trial something similar in advance using buses, given Sevenoaks is not very "bus friendly" territory and the need for social distancing.

anthony263

Established Member
fflecsi is also being operated by a Optare Solo around North Cardiff which is well liked by customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.