• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Get those cameras clicking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

Now that the summer's here, many of you will be out and about with your cameras, photographing this and that on our railways. Have you ever seen something railway related and thought, 'I wish we had that in BVE?'

We know we can't be everywhere, and we know that there are massive gaps in the range of objects already available in the library on BVE Pages. Would you like to help us fill those gaps?

There are all sorts of things that could help enhance UK BVE routes. Here's just a few:

Signalboxes
All sorts of rolling stock!
different track textures
animals
scenes for backgrounds
road vehicles
different workmen
"Period" platform items - eg., milk churns

If you've got your camera with you, why not photograph such things for us? If possible, get "square on" front, back and sides pictures, and if you can, give us an idea of the dimensions, and email us your photos. If we can, we'll turn them into objects and publish them - giving you the credit for the pictures, of course!

Just don't ask us to do a whole station from one piccie on your mobile phone!

As an example, the screenshot below shows a water tower object (top), reference pics and the pic used for the texture at the bottom - we were able to correct the perspective of the picture by distorting it appropriately:

nclewatertower.jpg

So, get snapping!

Regards to all

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
I had loads of shots just like this that I used to take for developing my own objects for Harcroft.

My computer is, however, out of action and they’re stranded on it! Shame really, as they could have been utilised quite well by you guys (I'd like to think!).

Ta,

Status
Not open for further replies.