• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Subway new stock

Christmas

On the videos I've seen so far, when the new trains enter a station the windows are all steamed up. This doesn't happen on the MetCam stock as far as I know.

So no automated station announcements on board, together with not being able to see out isn't a great start.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buzby

First day it was a cold morning, and the trains were on the surface. At Govan the train had only been underground for less than 30 seconds and you’re right - condensation was on all the windows, once the doors opened you could tell why….. it was darn cold and you could see your breath on entering! On speaking to management later, it was suggested they’d left the AirCon on ‘auto’ but it would be addressed. Further up the thread someone stated that these trains had NO AirCon, just forced air.

i’m not in a position to argue one way or another, but as it was colder on the train than outside, I believe it was on full cool!

H&I

That sounds like a catastrophic attribute in one of the world's narrowest tunnel systems.
The new trains oscillate a lot more than the old Metro-Cammell units, probably because the carriages are shorter. People sitting down rock back and forth in their seats on some sections of the line because of this. I did not notice this rocking motion on the old trains, at least not to the same extent.

Buzby

Spent an hour from 12.20 and none on the outer today.
I’d give a bit later - the ‘usual’ 1350 start saw it run at 1405 on the first day (from Govan). Of course you could see it anywhere on the Outer but take the start timings from there as it runs clockwise. I’d suggest from 1330 to 1430 (at Govan) for any certainty, and it goes without saying ask the ticket office staff nicely - they might even know something!

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Spent an hour from 12.20 and none on the outer today...
I’d give a bit later - the ‘usual’ 1350 start saw it run at 1405 on the first day (from Govan). Of course you could see it anywhere on the Outer but take the start timings from there as it runs clockwise. I’d suggest from 1330 to 1430 (at Govan) for any certainty, and it goes without saying ask the ticket office staff nicely - they might even know something!
Thank you both.

The aim is Wednesday again as last week, but I'm trying to pin down if there are usual times.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
302 ran off at Govan at 1649. I’m not sure whether the other unit was in front or behind, as it caught me by chance.

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpeg
    IMG_1245.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 108

liuwh

Is the new subway trains start running full day or regularly? Plan to spot them tomorrow. Thanks a lot

hexagon789

Veteran Member
What time did u took?
Just in case @Am Broc isnt online again soon (hope you don't mind me answering on your behalf, Am Broc), but @liuwh if you see their subsequent post #252 - they state around midday.

Best of luck :)

Update, 302 out until 1230.

Should be out again this afternoon.

Appears to be:

0930-1230 - 6 circuits
1430-1730 - 6 circuits

Last edited:

liuwh

T
Just in case @Am Broc isnt online again soon (hope you don't mind me answering on your behalf, Am Broc), but @liuwh if you see their subsequent post #252 - they state around midday.

Best of luck :)

Update, 302 out until 1230.

Should be out again this afternoon.

Appears to be:

0930-1230 - 6 circuits
1430-1730 - 6 circuits
Thx, is it 1430 from govan outer circle?

Buzby

Yes, it will be the first stop on the Circle. Would suggest getting there 30 mins early in case they’re being efficient!

liuwh

I got it at last 1430 cowcaddens station.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.jpeg
    IMG_5886.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5890.jpeg
    IMG_5890.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 164

ld0595

Any of the new stock out today? I was planning on heading out around 5pm for a first visit

EMU303

Any of the new stock out today? I was planning on heading out around 5pm for a first visit
Saw a new train at Kelvinbridge just before midday. Unfortunately I was on an “old train” heading the other way on the inner circle. Think the new ones are tucked up in bed before 5pm at the moment

kingston_toon

I train hopped the outer 1450-1520 earlier and it was all old ones, though tbh only getting up to Scotland to see the folks infrequently I was more interested in those!

317 forever

Established Member
Saw a new train at Kelvinbridge just before midday. Unfortunately I was on an “old train” heading the other way on the inner circle. Think the new ones are tucked up in bed before 5pm at the moment
The new trains are not yet suitable for service after dark :lol:

py_megapixel

Established Member
Any idea why there are several seconds of beeping before the doors open at each station? It's almost as if a delay has been programmed in to allow for it to extend a sliding step, but there is no sliding step on these trains so it's pointless

Buzby

I took it to be a warning to those standing at the doors that they were opening (as the side that opens isn’t always the same). Perhaps they’ll speed it up with increased usage?