• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

Goldfish62

Established Member
The T1/2 showing a few changes, it looks tidier if open the two together. 5 loses the early morning journey
At least the A1 journeys via Paul are now shown in the 5 timetable.

Still no sign of a route map, which is really poor.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Still no sign of a route map, which is really poor.

I found one hidden in the depths of their website.... or at least a hyperlink to one that I didn’t click so can’t comment on if it’s actually there or accurate.

Edit. Found it again. It’s just a map of Cornwall on the pcb website to show their fare zones 1,2,3,4. No routes included

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The timetable, with all its faults, was specified by Cornwall Council.
I'm well aware of that. It might just help resolve the 'fault' if PCB were to point it out to C.C., as C.C. has, in the past, not taken kindly to my observations to them, even if they've quietly changed their stance without publicity later, for example on the issue of accepting ENCTS passes on the open top routes.

MB162435

Established Member
Was on the 2nd ever journey for LN20 PVO on the 09:37 69A service from Penryn Campus to Falmouth Moor earlier, was only delivered from the factory last night, the USB ports are thankfully on the back of seats like they are on Kernow's 18 plate MMCs, and the seats are quite comfortable with good size windows. Although due to the low floor, they aren't speed bump friendly and the drivers have to crawl over them, although they said their lovely to drive and every passenger was impressed. A few drivers are still a bit weary of driving a brand new bus and getting use to how they handle, but I would be myself given the investment in them

Used the TfC app for the first time as well, and worryingly OTS drivers don't recognise their M-tickets nor does the ticket machine recognise them, one said to me that's a First ticket you need the U1, and I promise it was a TfC ticket but he said how is it and I said cause it's on your app!

I would of hoped teething trouble like that would be sorted over 3 months into the contract, but seems it currently still exists hopefully not for much longer once more people start using the m-tickets and the ticket machine issues are sorted

richw

Veteran Member
@MB162435 tagged you In a post on Facebook, hopefully you should get assistance on that. OTS are normally pretty good customer service.

MB162435

Established Member
@MB162435 tagged you In a post on Facebook, hopefully you should get assistance on that. OTS are normally pretty good customer service.
Thank you for that @richw, Craig is pretty good on getting things done and doesn't like letting people down so hopefully they'll sort it

Was my first time using the TfC app so wasn't sure if it was an issue with the app or the ticket machine, both drivers said it probably was the machine

Yarp1

It maybe rumourmongering but I have heard from 3 separate individuals from GC/PCB that the new deckers that were ment to be coming are being diverted elsewhere on the GA network. Have been told that the plymouth FLASH branded deckers will be painted in TFC colours instead.

richw

Veteran Member
It maybe rumourmongering but I have heard from 3 separate individuals from GC/PCB that the new deckers that were ment to be coming are being diverted elsewhere on the GA network. Have been told that the plymouth FLASH branded deckers will be painted in TFC colours instead.

I’ve heard the same thing! There was a yellow flash in the milehouse paint shop when I Drove past earlier

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Thank you for that @richw, Craig is pretty good on getting things done and doesn't like letting people down so hopefully they'll sort it

Was my first time using the TfC app so wasn't sure if it was an issue with the app or the ticket machine, both drivers said it probably was the machine

Looks a decent response He’s given to you. I imagine it’s helped him as well having the info on the error to get it fixed from an enthusiast rather than a “normal” passenger.

MB162435

Established Member
Looks a decent response He’s given to you. I imagine it’s helped him as well having the info on the error to get it fixed from an enthusiast rather than a “normal” passenger.
Definitely, issues with things such as the ticket machines and M-tickets can't be helped, have the same problems with the First app and M-tickets every so often, technology always has a mind of it's own

As you say some would just refuse to use the app again and not tell anyone, if you don't say nothing will change and I prefer M-tickets as there is no risk of losing it so find it much easier and cheaper in the long run, so will be good to get the TfC one as problem free as the First one is now

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Sorry to hark on about the 16/A again, but this evening I was beginning to think I was perhaps hallucinating. i did my shopping at my usual time, just after 17.00, and chose Sainsburys. I followed a 16A in at approx 17.10-17.15 and noted it was blinded Zennor, pure and simple. Coming out of the supermarket 17.45-17.50, a i6 for St Ives was followed by a 16A observing a social distance, also for St Ives. None of these three buses carried any passengers, and none stopped. I was beginning to think I was back in London where, as a youth, I could see 16s operating in the peaks at 1-2 minute intervals over the bulk of the route, London's most frequent at the time.
Returning home, I checked the timetable and could find no mention of the Zennor terminator. Is it new and, if so, why?

Lizard1324

Yesterday I saw some single deckers refueling in tescos helston, made me think how are tfc refueling the double deckers they have at the moment, do they fit under fuel stations roofs?

carlberry

Established Member
Yesterday I saw some single deckers refueling in tescos helston, made me think how are tfc refueling the double deckers they have at the moment, do they fit under fuel stations roofs?
A lot of fuel stations will take HGVs so a double decker will easily fit. Even the supermarket fuel stations usually start out being designed for that height even if they then have to reduce them because of planning etc.

Goldfish62

Established Member
A lot of fuel stations will take HGVs so a double decker will easily fit. Even the supermarket fuel stations usually start out being designed for that height even if they then have to reduce them because of planning etc.
It is an issue in Cornwall. eg Morrisons Penzance will take a VR on the outer left bay, as long as it reverses out afterwards, but nothing higher. Hayle has HGV bays, but I don't think full height double decks will fit under. Again, a VR will only just fit under.

Cornwall Services should be fine, though.

MB162435

Established Member
TfC timetables are finally available, the new TfC Travel Shop at Newquay Bus Station has copies available, and I asked TfC the other day on Twitter if Truro will and they said the whole network will have copies available by the end of the week

richw

Veteran Member
TfC timetables are finally available, the new TfC Travel Shop at Newquay Bus Station has copies available, and I asked TfC the other day on Twitter if Truro will and they said the whole network will have copies available by the end of the week
Have they a walk in desk for customers at Truro in their office building?

83G/84D

Established Member
Have they a walk in desk for customers at Truro in their office building?

The bus station building at Truro was closed to the public last week. TfC drivers were coming and going from a building nearby on Quay street I think.

richw

Veteran Member
The bus station building at Truro was closed to the public last week. TfC drivers were coming and going from a building nearby on Quay street I think.
That’s my understanding that TfC have a building round on Quay street unsure if it’s available to public enquiry

MB162435

Established Member
That’s my understanding that TfC have a building round on Quay street unsure if it’s available to public enquiry
When I passed on Monday the door was opened so not sure if it is open to the public, can't see Kernow stocking TfC timetables in their waiting room unless they reach an agreement, with Kernow ones are stocked in the Newquay shop and they return the favour?

If the Newquay shop is now open possibly they might open the Truro one too

83G/84D

Established Member
There were no signs on the door of the building on Quay St saying anything abound bus enquires so it could be just their office and mess room etc.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There were no signs on the door of the building on Quay St saying anything abound bus enquires so it could be just their office and mess room etc.

With Newquay, that's more a centre of their operations and the management of the bus station has the shop thrown in? As was said, some reciprocal stocking of timetables would be good.

83G/84D

Established Member
With Newquay, that's more a centre of their operations and the management of the bus station has the shop thrown in? As was said, some reciprocal stocking of timetables would be good.

I was last in Newquay about 3 weeks ago and the shop was closed. It may have re-opened now the holiday season has started.

Yarp1

I was last in Newquay about 3 weeks ago and the shop was closed. It may have re-opened now the holiday season has started.
The shop in newquay opened monday lunch time and then normal working hours from yesterday (tuesday)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
This afternoon a single decker was refuelling in Tesco, Penzance: so is Morrisons out of favour?

MotCO

Established Member
This afternoon a single decker was refuelling in Tesco, Penzance: so is Morrisons out of favour?

Maybe someone wants their Clubcard Points :lol: :lol:. Presumbaly filling a single decker will be circa £150 - £200, which will be quite a few points.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Maybe someone wants their Clubcard Points :lol: :lol:. Presumbaly filling a single decker will be circa £150 - £200, which will be quite a few points.
Tesco currently three and a half pence per litre more expensive than Morrisons on diesel. :)