• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
...to any fellow AS/A2 students who will be nervously awaiting the brown envelopes tomorrow morning. Or else maniacally pressing F5 on Track.

And to the GCSE people for whom it comes next week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, and from me. I'm nervous about my GCSE results, but A2 is even more important, so I very much hope everybody does well!

mbonwick

Established Member
To be honest I'm not particularly worried. Of course I want to get a good grade - I'm expected to get A*, but if I don't it's only an ICT GCSE that I had to take 2 years early

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Good luck to all forum members expecting results.

Nerve-racking it is. I remember when I got mine. Worried I had failed, but got cracking results and was very impressed with my efforts!

If you don't get what you want, then there's always the option of going for a drowning-sorrows-bash for the afternoon!

Tom B

Established Member
Given the station nearest my school has 3 trains per week on a Saturday, I'm doubtful! The one a further 2 mile away the other side of town is a delightful selection of Pacers.

tedted

...to any fellow AS/A2 students who will be nervously awaiting the brown envelopes tomorrow morning. Or else maniacally pressing F5 on Track.

And to the GCSE people for whom it comes next week.

Do GCSE students get their results in a brown envelope as well? Or are our results in a differently-coloured envelope?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My college uses white envelopes :p

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some Edexcel students can now view their result online 1 day early, and see how their paper was marked! It's being trialed in some schools.

Some Edexcel students can now view their result online 1 day early, and see how their paper was marked! It's being trialed in some schools.

we have that system, wasn't aware you could see how it was marked.

it just says you can view results...

Tom B

Established Member
It depends what your school's stationary department uses!

A lot of students have previously managed to check on UCAS Track from midnight, but this hasn't worked this year.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

I got a little bit of paper from them, but it was incredibly difficult to open & I ended up ripping it as I couldn't see how to open it, so I couldn't read the password.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Still, Edexcel still remains, IMO, the worst exam board ever.

tubenutter

Edexcel still remains, IMO, the worst exam board ever.

I have to say, despite their fantastic online results system coming to good use for me this morning I agree with every word of that phrase.

Edexcel = Crap
Simple as.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They went down in my view when they started CHARGING for past papers, unlike AQA who have an easy-to-use comprehensive listing of past papers and syllabuses for the last few years

The scottish standard grades and highers came out on the 7th of august and we are all now back at school! I got 6 1's and 2 2's at gcse that is 6 a's and 2 b's.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Given the station nearest my school has 3 trains per week on a Saturday, I'm doubtful! The one a further 2 mile away the other side of town is a delightful selection of Pacers.

Ah, you're on that line! A pain in the neck for anyone!

Could always beg someone to take you to Doncaster and go for a trip from there!

Hope everyone's got what they wanted out of their results.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The scottish standard grades and highers came out on the 7th of august and we are all now back at school! I got 6 1's and 2 2's at gcse that is 6 a's and 2 b's.

Congratulations First Scotrail. Good results all round there!

Tom B

Established Member
OCR have always charged for past papers, only now are they starting to put them online. School put some papers online, but that depends on how bored a teacher is to scan a load of pages from the paper and mark scheme, then go along and sweet-talk the IT technicians to PDF it for them.

Coxster

Established Member
Hope you all got what you were hoping for. Enjoy the rest of the Summer!

tedted

Typical of my school's mis-management: less than a week to go and my school hasn't told me about the arrangements for next Thursday!

I've just emailed a friend of mine to ask him, but I doubt he'll know.

My school is the 666th layer of Hell. Notice that I didn't strike through anything.

me123

Established Member
#

Good results! Did you use results online? I did and found it fantastic, but everyone else I know couldn't get on.

For those who have no clue what I'm on about, ResultsOnline was an SQA idea to put results on the computers and get them a day before the post. Unfortunately, by 8am the server crased and at 3pm, everyone's results were accessable to everyone else. :roll: typical SQA.

dan_atki

Established Member
Still, Edexcel still remains, IMO, the worst exam board ever.

Hurrah!! Some people who actually agree with me! They are the only exam board NOT to put mark schemes online for use by students (oh yes they are on their website........for the centre's use only - something extremely unfair).

I remember when I was doing AS chemistry the year before last - I spent three hours of a Sunday afternoon looking for a site with the mark schemes on (my college gave us the exam papers free but charged for the mark schemes - I mean how stingy is that?). I succeeded eventually in finding a site by an Edexcel examiner with them on....obviously even he thinks that their practices are unfair to us.

I hope that everyone got the results they wanted and are into the university of their choice!

Good luck for all the people receiving their GCSE results next week as well, just 6 days to go now....

Established Member
I think loads of people who got good results , will go well. For people who didnt get what they wanted KEEP TRYING:D , I got my sats now being half way thru secondary school (year 9:roll:).

Have a good summer ,Fred.

Tom B

Established Member
Typical of my school's mis-management: less than a week to go and my school hasn't told me about the arrangements for next Thursday!

Or the students forgetfulness? 52 people rang up the day before results day asking for the date and time, claiming nobody had told them, despite it being announced in a letter and in assembly (of course it's the schools fault they skive off assemblies and never read any notices).

Established Member
Or the students forgetfulness? 52 people rang up the day before results day asking for the date and time, claiming nobody had told them, despite it being announced in a letter and in assembly (of course it's the schools fault they skive off assemblies and never read any notices).

:| , Thats typical in my school , alot of people from my year keep asking when we go back:shock: , yet its been said 5 or 6 times:-?.

mbonwick

Established Member
Surprisingly, so far, I havn't had any texts asking when we're supposed to go in on Thursday.....probably get a load on Wednesday night at 11

Established Member
Surprisingly, so far, I havn't had any texts asking when we're supposed to go in on Thursday.....probably get a load on Wednesday night at 11

I get to go in an hour later because of the year 7s:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.